Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 05:21 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,240,939 times

Advertisements

We've descended to as a nation into having "THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE" ever. It is not getting better, it is getting worst by the day.
I'm unsure of what kind of regional - local and store management- that is responsible, but it the acts and actions of the Regional- Local and Store Management, that contributes greatly to this madness. They are worried about their 'bonus" for keeping cost down, until they strip down the number of register in operation, and the only people who benefit from this are the ones up the chain. From the Store Manager to the Corporate Executives.

Profit Without Regard for the Customer or Customer Servicing. We see this as the policy evidentally taught to the Graduate community, because most of the positions that have responsibility for improving customer service, require a degree status claim.

The sad part is: We passively tolerate it, and we passively stand in line and accept it.
Generally the floor manager has absolutely no control to change it. They have no reporting method and process to formally complain. This means the Regional Management, has put them in a dire position and comes in and walk around over the store managers, looking down upon them, while they expect everyone to kiss up to their mere presence.
Yet, Corporate profits are through the roof, but the store is relegated to be the point the customer receives the first level of disregard. If the customer writes to the executive staff, it is pushed off and hidden; again, in an effort to protect the executive bonus.

~ The executives up the ladder have made themselves too elite to know how to come into a store and acknowledge and correct the real problems.

~Personal grooming standards no longer exist, and pleasantries of manner to the customer is non-existent.

~ Some stores, especially dollar store, will have people stocking over stocked shelves, and resent having to open a register. The managers become antagonistic if it is even implied that he is not paying attention to insure registers are open and customers are served.

~ It is even worst at some of the convenience stores, they treat them employees as if they are the lowest things on earth. One person with a line of 10, yet, the store manager only wants to come around to collect the receipts and pretend to be some elite being.

~ Banks with the annoying "Yell out Greeting", yet they won't open the teller windows to service the customer.

~ This is the result of the delusions the upper level elitist executives push upon the workers and the public. A form of nothing but "Appeasement Presentations". They insure that the floor walking managers are powerless to fix or correct anything.

~ We chose this when we put degree above everything else. Now we get the full results of it, and all it does is waste our time, and treat us as profit targets, with an expectation that we should accept it.

The truly insidious part is, we have accepted it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 05:51 PM

293 posts, read 912,008 times
There are plenty of stores with good customer service. I make sure that's where I spend all my money. I call it "voting with my feet".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City