Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 12:57 PM

6,095 posts, read 2,717,141 times

Advertisements

For a while now every time I wake up my neck is sore like a crick in the neck. I've used many types of pillows and ordered my pillow garbage more upscale pillows that go flat.

My bed has no headboard it's against the wall maybe that's an issue not sure. And my bed is on a hardwood floor and can jerk back at times I have stoppers but they don't seem to do much so I imagine those are factors in the discomfort. Before I had carpet maybe a rug is needed?

I just need a quality pillow that will be gentle on my neck and give me a good night's sleep without waking up with a sore neck and a headache any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 01:16 PM

4,510 posts, read 5,048,411 times
I've use a MY PILLOW for several years now and love it. I know some folks don't like the owner of the company but that's their problem. They probably don't sleep well anyway. Try one, if you don't like it, they will exchange it. I started out with medium fill and ended up with the firm.

Old 04-19-2023, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I've use a MY PILLOW for several years now and love it. I know some folks don't like the owner of the company but that's their problem. They probably don't sleep well anyway. Try one, if you don't like it, they will exchange it. I started out with medium fill and ended up with the firm.
I did try my pillow did nothing for me.

Old 04-19-2023, 04:48 PM

24,471 posts, read 10,804,014 times
What do you mean by your bed jerks back?
Side sleeper?

Old 04-19-2023, 05:01 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,170,699 times
I have a sort of hard and somewhat soft memory foam pillow. They were being sold in the supermarket of all places.

I lay on my side and pull the pillow up against the side of my neck then I scrunch down the corner. I slightly move if needed to get that slight sunk in feeling. It supports my neck perfectly. It is not at all poufy like my other plain pillow that is real soft and deep. I change every now and then but mostly use the memory foam pillow.

Remember pull the bottom of the pillow right up against your neck just under the ear. Works for me.

Old 04-19-2023, 11:42 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
There are many threads about pillows on this forum.
What kind do you need? Cervical pillow? High or low. Soft or hard. Natural (latex, down) or foam?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/shop...llow-size.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/shop...you-sleep.html

Easy return? Try Sam's, Costco, Walmart or IKEA.

What's your budget?

I had this pillow for years, and it was very comfortable:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bergven...high-00460228/

Old 04-20-2023, 10:16 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
I did try my pillow did nothing for me.
MY Pillow is nothing but ground up foam pieces. For the same money you can get better quality pillows at most dept. stores.

Old 04-21-2023, 02:45 PM

Yup! I wouldn't want to sleep on poly foam.

https://www.sunkist-machinery.com/ab...ked-questions/

And lots of people aren't so fond of it:
https://www.slumbersearch.com/my-pillow-reviews-rating

Old 04-21-2023, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Yup! I wouldn't want to sleep on poly foam.

https://www.sunkist-machinery.com/ab...ked-questions/

And lots of people aren't so fond of it:
https://www.slumbersearch.com/my-pillow-reviews-rating
I'm searching through Amazon as I do most of my shopping on there do you have any recommendations on that site.

I just need a decent pillow with neck support that won't go flat within a couple months my budget is prob $25 to $50.

Old 04-22-2023, 02:51 PM

Everyone has different needs and likes so I would buy them locally, in places that allow easy return: Costco (has some good selection in your price range), SAM'S, Walmart...
Try them for few days and see which works best for you.
I recommend high and dense, so your head wouldn't go all the way down and touch the mattress.
Also check on the two C-D threads l posted.

Finding the right pillow it's very, very hard. I know it from my own experience. So you will need to try several at least.

Good luck!!

BTW: while Costco doesn't typically offer guest passes or other temporary options for testing the proverbial waters, you can buy their membership and promptly cancel short thereafter.

Costco offers a fairly generous return policy on their membership purchases. Basically, any time you want to cancel your membership, you can -- and you can do so for a full refund.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products