Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 09:55 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Note that the article leads with how much these companies are saving by cutting products. You don't need three guesses as to whether those savings are going to be passed on to customers in the form of lower prices or better quality.
Realize the following is my personal opinion, everyone has one and ymmv

If the product is no longer there, and it was our favourite (why we would go there in the 1st place), what makes them think we would be back? Sometimes it’s true that we could find another some other item to like but not all the time. We used to like Cracker Barrel but nothing much for me anymore, and I’m tired of them putting only ONE strawberry jam or ONE blackberry jam on the plate when I order biscuits. When I ask for more of either, they only bring out one. Then, if you ask, that’s when they bring out more than two. If you had brought out two or more in the 1st place, I wouldn’t needed to ask.
Yet, they keep pushing that grape.

Don’t care much for warm up coffee either as it gets cold and then the warm ups just leave you with Luke warm coffee instead. Try getting hostess to get coffee when yours goes empty and they’re no where in sight.

We missed their breakfast skillet from years back but the time after we went, they said it was discontinued.

I do appreciate their fireplace going in the winter times. Maybe that’s what brings us there every once in a good while. Oh, I have made several comments to their customer service, but have since not seen any move regarding coffee, jams, skillet meals. I have no objection to putting a mini coffee pot at our table or even getting up to go to a corner spot somewhere and pouring a cup.

Last edited by cat1116; 03-02-2023 at 10:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2023, 10:56 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
This has been going on long before now, however. I loved the Taco Bell "Bell Beefer" which was discontinued years ago. The only TV dinner I ever liked was Swanson's Veal Parmigiana. That too was discontinued years ago.

I suppose we can all learn to make our own. Many items we pay for ready-made are easily copied, some even have published "copycat" recipes.

Buying the frozen breaded veal patties from Omaha Steaks and experimenting with a tomato based sauce, I have been able to duplicate that old Veal Parmigiana, I even serve it with peas like on the TV dinner.

I once made KFC chicken, unfortunately it took a lot of time and many ingredients, but did come out very much like their original recipe.

Back in Pleasanton CA in the 1980s there was an "Olga's Kitchen" at the mall. We loved their beef and lamb with the yogurt sauce and their soft flatbread. They have since closed and there were none here, only in Michigan, apparently, so I found the recipe. I haven't perfected their meat, but I can duplicate the bread very closely, and use Daphne's Beef and Lamb Slices from Costco, the result is almost right on.
I miss Chun King frozen meals, and especially the tiny little frozen egg rolls that were the size of pizza bites.

Old 03-03-2023, 03:31 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
No more capicola where I live.

Old 03-03-2023, 06:57 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Lately I am having trouble finding crackers. I buy the ones without non-food additives and chemicals. My favorite brand disappeared so I found a different one. Now that one is getting hard to find. Frustrating.

Old 03-06-2023, 11:58 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Trader Joe's used to do two half-pound Wagyu Hamburgers in a pack for $ 5.49. One of the greatest bargains ever!

Over the years I purchased hundreds of them. Long gone these days

Old 03-11-2023, 10:21 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,075,004 times
I'm seeing a lot of the frozen dinners that disappeared during the pandemic coming back now. For a while the selection was getting ridiculous. Not only were so many items discontinued, but the ones that weren't were usually out of stock. Unfortunately the prices are not coming back. I think the days of picking up 1 pound Marie Callender's Frozen Dinners on sale for $1.88 are long gone.

On the bright side it has forced me to start cooking my own dinners. Which I guess is probably more healthy.

Old 03-12-2023, 12:26 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Trader Joe’s had neither relish nor baby dills when I shopped there last week. But, then, they were out previously for awhile until back in stock.

Old 03-12-2023, 04:46 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
I don't buy food at Target, but just read that:
TARGET has confirmed that it has discontinued a major brand and shoppers are disappointed.

The grocer has confirmed that its Archer Farms branded products are no longer available.

Old 03-12-2023, 08:34 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
TARGET has confirmed that it has discontinued a major brand and shoppers are disappointed.

The grocer has confirmed that its Archer Farms branded products are no longer available.
I thought that they did that years ago. I used to be a Target shareholder and seem to recall that they announced doing so back when I followed their news releases.

Old 03-12-2023, 08:39 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

I think they replaced Archer with their new Good & Gather brand. As far as I can tell, those are both Target store brands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products