Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 05:41 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,523,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
This is an interesting idea! Would you have to submit quarterly taxes to the IRS?
No, not if the LLC is being used as a holding company. Ordinarily, people do not derive income from their homes, raw land, cars, boats, etc. So there would be no income to report, and no taxes to pay. We own all our real estate and personal property in LLCs. Note that this does not exempt said assets from local property taxes, which must be paid regardless of the name they are held in.

If the LLC is for a business, then yes, quarterly income taxes must be filed, and I used this for my trucking company. Be sure to check with your attorney and tax preparer when setting up an LLC. In general, if no taxes would be due if the asset was held in your own name, none would be due if held in an LLC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 03:14 AM

9,099 posts, read 4,796,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Maine was a red state for many years but new people along the coast turned the state blue. However, all is not lost. We have some very red counties. For example, Piscataquis County is very red and was the only county in New England to vote red in a recent election.

Maine has lots of "snow birds" who winter in Florida. They were born in Maine, but have winter homes in Zephyr Hills, Florida where they are the majority.
But the question, then, becomes:
Who is in control of the state lawmaking and rulemaking.

Once the left is firmly in control, it becomes "progressively" harder to live life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Can you explain further about your objection to the MRNA vaccine? I must say I honestly just don't understand your stolid objection- regardless of where the virus came from.

I'm very glad that so many took the vaccine so as to protect others as well as themselves. It was a very effective vaccine with few side effects.
The problem is that the Government and Big Pharma lied about the vaccine. The vaccine did not protect others, and had many side effects. Some fatal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLDerry View Post
My objections to the mRNA vaccine? Here are just a few:
1. The virus was shrouded in lies from the beginning and the same people who lied about the virus were the ones making claims about the vaccines.
2. Safety testing for Pfizer only lasted six months after which the placebo group was offered the vaccine and most of them took it. Even the FDA was concerned that meaningful double blind clinical trial data was ended after such a short period.
3. No one is responsible for taking an experimental drug (or any drug) in order to potentially benefit another person's health and only a derelict health establishment would claim otherwise.
4. Many claims about the mRNA vaccines have been proven false. For instance, mRNA does not quickly degrade in the body but has been shown to persist for weeks.
5. In relation to #2, I was concerned about long term effects particularly on the human immune system. My concern was antibody dependent enhancement. Anyway, recently, we discovered that the Pfizer vaccine causes class-switching in antibodies which is not a good outcome if you are trying to fight a disease.

I'm not anti-vaccination. I'm just not willing to have my state force me to take a drug and do it with increasingly coercive actions using the emergency powers of the governor.

If you want to discuss this further it probably belongs on a debate forum.
Of all the points you made, I find #2 and #4 to be the most important. While there was some misinformation from the Right, the major scope of the Disinformation Campaign was from Big Pharma and the Deep State, who saw the vaccine as a way to accumulate wealth and power, respectively.

Quote:
Thank you. Very interesting to read how some people justify their actions.
Amazing to see how long some people continue to spread propaganda, long after it was prove false.

You can look up my writings on this, elsewhere on the forum (Arkansas and Politics forums, mostly) but it should not be discussed further on this thread.

Last edited by TRex2; 05-08-2023 at 03:48 AM..

Old 06-01-2023, 09:38 AM

14 posts, read 6,773 times
Quote:
Thank you. Very interesting to read how some people justify their actions.
Thank you. It's very interesting to read how passive-aggressive the jab-pushers STILL are!

Old 06-01-2023, 02:16 PM

Always look into the posting history.
It will tell you things I am not allowed to say.

Old 06-02-2023, 06:24 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,240,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Not at all correct - domicile and residency are different - you can have many residences but only one domicile and several states only require a place to which you intend to return to claim domicile.
Which part isn’t correct?
183 days of residency to claim domicile? Here, corrected it; thanks for nit-picking.

My comments still stand - South Dakota is the easiest and the fastest state to establish the domicile

https://calledtowander.com/pros-and-...kota-domicile/

Old 06-02-2023, 10:24 AM

7,491 posts, read 4,250,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
But the question, then, becomes:
Who is in control of the state lawmaking and rulemaking.

Once the left is firmly in control, it becomes "progressively" harder to live life.

The problem is that the Government and Big Pharma lied about the vaccine. The vaccine did not protect others, and had many side effects. Some fatal.

Of all the points you made, I find #2 and #4 to be the most important. While there was some misinformation from the Right, the major scope of the Disinformation Campaign was from Big Pharma and the Deep State, who saw the vaccine as a way to accumulate wealth and power, respectively.

Amazing to see how long some people continue to spread propaganda, long after it was prove false.

You can look up my writings on this, elsewhere on the forum (Arkansas and Politics forums, mostly) but it should not be discussed further on this thread.
Well, I should ignore the vaccine debate, but here goes. . . .

The person who helped developed mRNA graduated from same college as my husband. When the vaccine came out, their college monthly alumni magazine did an article on this alumni's work. It was very interesting. It turnout that the mRNA vaccine technology had been developed, but not tested, years earlier. When covid-19 came out, companies used this existing untested mRNA technology.

IMHO, It was like putting a square peg in a round hole. They were determined to use this already developed mRNA technology regardless of the type of virus. I guess they already spent their money and wanted a return for it. From what I heard from the mainstream media as the companies invent mRNA for covid-19 instead of adapting mRNA for covid-19.

Old 06-02-2023, 02:44 PM

639 posts, read 387,711 times
Quote:
From what I heard from the mainstream media as the companies invent mRNA for covid-19 instead of adapting mRNA for covid-19.
This isn't correct. The technology is the delivery vehicle. It had been in development 10+ years before covid 19. The vehicle is adaptable to any number of viruses, so we should be seeing more and more mrna vaccines in the future.

And I've never heard mainstream media say what you claim.

Old 06-02-2023, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Well, I should ignore the vaccine debate, but here goes. . . .

The person who helped developed mRNA graduated from same college as my husband. When the vaccine came out, their college monthly alumni magazine did an article on this alumni's work. It was very interesting. It turnout that the mRNA vaccine technology had been developed, but not tested, years earlier. When covid-19 came out, companies used this existing untested mRNA technology.

IMHO, It was like putting a square peg in a round hole. They were determined to use this already developed mRNA technology regardless of the type of virus. I guess they already spent their money and wanted a return for it. From what I heard from the mainstream media as the companies invent mRNA for covid-19 instead of adapting mRNA for covid-19.
Actually, it turns out, it appears to me, that it wasn't the mRNA part
that was the problem, it was the message, it carried.
But, as I said, this isn't the thread to discuss it.

Old 06-02-2023, 08:56 PM

1,568 posts, read 2,813,150 times
How did this thread turn into a vaccination diatribe?

Old 06-03-2023, 09:08 AM

32 posts, read 22,902 times
Why?

I stated that one of the reasons I'm looking for a foothold in a red state is that I refused to take the COVID vaccine. The state and city government here used punitive measures. My job was threatened. My union refused to support me. I was barred from indoor eating and other indoor public access from November 2021 to March 2022.

Seattle just loved their vaccine passports and safety mandates.

The ISSUE is the forced distribution of a drug by means of government coercion and living in the midst of a population that supports it.

Everyone should consider the precedent that is being set.

What if YOU don't want the next mandated drug?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness