Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 02:12 PM

5,594 posts, read 2,323,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
Curious as to the heat/ humidity in the Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice area as we have no way to gauge it. We're currently in St Johns County and were surprised as it wasn't as bad as we had heard. We're originally from NY. Given that, is there that much of a difference between SJC and SBV ?
I have lived in both areas. Sarasota/Bradenton is typically approx 10% higher in humidity and around 6 degrees warmer. This isn't always the case, but it's typical.

In addition, the Sarasota/Bradenton area stays warmer overnight compared to NE Florida. NE Florida, the mornings are a lot more pleasant because the daily high temp gradually creeps up, with cooler temps before 11am.

Hotter and more humid in the Sarasota region, enough that you will notice the difference.

In addition, Sarasota/Bradenton often misses rain that Tampa and areas to the north of Tampa get. This happens often. You'll see a long tail of rain on the weather radar map, and that tail dissipates south of Tampa whereas the areas of Florida farther north get a nice soaking rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2024, 06:43 PM

25,931 posts, read 12,960,297 times
By Saturday night, (May 11th) our favorite restaurants should be back to off-season normal.

Since Easter, its been thinning out slowly, but after this weekend, we'll really notice the drop.

I hope the weather stays below 90 for a while...I need to regain my sanity after the hoards leave.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:36 AM

148 posts, read 125,617 times
Bradenton, especially east of I-75, is more stagnant and humid than most places on the North East Coast of Florida. Inland west is DEAD STILL. "Real Feel" temps are commonly over 90" The heat starts to creep in by 10 am. and lingers around into the evening. I spent time in that area and left when I realized it wasn't going to get any better than "soaking sweat" in the summer months, which only lasts about 8 months.

Old 05-09-2024, 04:48 AM

We're down to just a few of us posting here now, so that tells me the snow birds have left, or are too busy making plans to leave, to post.

There may have been more Snow Birds posting here than I thought. I wonder if they're posting in their other home States' forums now?

We'll keep the lights on for them, until they return again next season.

Old 05-09-2024, 06:22 PM

25 posts, read 28,022 times
Default Part time resident/ part ime snowbird

Sorry…not sorry that you feel “your” Florida sanctuary is over run by people seeking a break from the everyday craziness back home. Yes, we come and enjoy the beaches, restaurants and accommodations that Sarasota has to offer and some of us even stay longer than the usual snowbirds.
Florida is a tourist state…Miami, Sarasota etc…people flock here to enjoy the weather, spend their $$$ and come here to relax…sorry for the inconvenience but you live in a popular location…the beaches, restaurants and the weather, what’s not to love.
I’ve been here for a while and mingled among tourists and natives, never heard any complaints, never had trouble eating out or driving 41 or 75 or any other road…makes me wonder if you’re just an attention seeking person looking for some positive reinforcement.
Accept the fact that change is inevitable, accept it or not.

Old 05-09-2024, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conedman54 View Post
Sorry…not sorry that you feel “your” Florida sanctuary is over run by people seeking a break from the everyday craziness back home. Yes, we come and enjoy the beaches, restaurants and accommodations that Sarasota has to offer and some of us even stay longer than the usual snowbirds.
Florida is a tourist state…Miami, Sarasota etc…people flock here to enjoy the weather, spend their $$$ and come here to relax…sorry for the inconvenience but you live in a popular location…the beaches, restaurants and the weather, what’s not to love.
I’ve been here for a while and mingled among tourists and natives, never heard any complaints, never had trouble eating out or driving 41 or 75 or any other road…makes me wonder if you’re just an attention seeking person looking for some positive reinforcement.
Accept the fact that change is inevitable, accept it or not.
Thanks for the attention you gave me...much appreciated! You walked right into it

Welcome to our forum...I see you are brand new here. Thx for spending your $'s here...much appreciated.

Old Today, 05:33 AM

You don't want to be on I-75 Northbound this morning...mass exodus ofr snow birders heading home to be home on Mother's Day tomorrow. By 3PM it should clear out. Most drive 6-8 hrs then stop, & they want to be at their 1st stop before dark, which is ~8:30.

Publix is loaded up with Mother's Day flowers, but most will not get sold because so many older Mother's have flown the coupe to be w/ their offspring up North for Mother's Day. It's going to be a last minute flower buyers bonanza...BOGO's galore....maybe even better.

So many leaving should help our drought condition water consumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area