Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 02:40 PM

212 posts, read 546,050 times

Advertisements

Is there a way to find out which communities in Palmer Ranch and Lakewood Ranch don't have CDDs?
Did google search say one say Indigo, Eagle Trace, Serenity Creek, and the River Club in Lakewood don't as well as Arbor Lakes in Palmer does not. Not sure if true or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM

4,613 posts, read 7,531,187 times
One section of Indigo doesn't have CDD fees, the others do.

Old 04-16-2024, 05:57 PM

4,613 posts, read 7,531,187 times
Actually, Eagle Trace is located outside of Lakewood Ranch, it was built by Neal Communities and opened back in 2013.

Within LWR you may also want to check out Central Park, Greenbrook Village. The homes there are about 20 years old though.

There are a number of new home communities very close to Lakewood Ranch that are not part of that master planned community that do not have CDD fees.

Most of the older built communities within Palmer Ranch do not have CDD fees.

Are you interested in just the newer home communities there? Those without CDD fees would include:
Arbor Lakes
Cobblestone
Esplanade
Hammock Preserve
Promenade
Sandhill Preserve
Stonebridge
Sunrise Preserve

Old 04-17-2024, 07:04 PM

25,704 posts, read 12,779,845 times
A beautiful older community w/o CDD's I lived in for 1.5 yrs is Deer Creek in Palmer Ranch, near Costco off McIntosh.

Very low HOA's too due to no amenities other than manned guard gate.

Great location, mature trees, nice sized lots, quiet, safe, next to Legacy Trail...loved it there.

Not much going on socially though...tough to meet new friends in there...very few kids.

You'd have to have sports and/or activities outside to meet peeps, which is why wifey made me move to the Wellen Park area in remote Southern Sarasota County.

Old 04-18-2024, 09:13 AM

315 posts, read 359,109 times
As to communities that do not have CDD fees, are these fees then baked into other aspects of the community such as home prices, lot prices, ect ? If not, how do these communities cover those costs ?

Old 04-18-2024, 10:18 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,963,607 times
Are you looking at newer homes? Hammock Preserve doesn't have CDDs and the homes are on the newer side and construction is completed. Talon Preserve is south of Hammock but still considered Palmer Ranch although not in Sarasota. They have completed homes and homes still being built and no CDD fees in Talon Preserve either.

You're smart to be aware of those fees. Some of them are huge! Once you make a decision about whether you want to buy a newer home or an older home you might find it hard to find newer homes without CDD fees.

Old 04-18-2024, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
As to communities that do not have CDD fees, are these fees then baked into other aspects of the community such as home prices, lot prices, ect ? If not, how do these communities cover those costs ?
The costs were baked into the cost of the home...and property taxes...the infrastructure must get paid somehow...no free ride.

Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,963,607 times
We owned a new home in another state with something similar to CDDs and they stayed at the same amount from when the home was purchased. I don't think that's the case in FL but I could be wrong. My small amount of research into CDDs in FL seemed to be that they can increase but are not allowed the protection of homesteading.

I'll leave this to the experts. I'm just giving my reasons for not choosing a home with CDDs. HOA fees always go up as do taxes but it's a beautiful place to call home. It's also an expensive place to call home and I think sometimes people coming from out of state are surprised at that.

Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM

212 posts, read 546,050 times
I'm one of those surprised. Am trying to learn more about them. What they cover that the HOA does not? My understanding CDDs never go away and can be increased yearly. Feels a little like an annuity for developers? Hard to budget what to buy with these unknown costs.
Additionally learned that many homes prior to 2007 have pin holes in their plumbing. Prior to PVC.
Also that insurance rates are lower for homes that are less than 15 years old.

Old Today, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomaark View Post
I'm one of those surprised. Am trying to learn more about them. What they cover that the HOA does not? My understanding CDDs never go away and can be increased yearly. Feels a little like an annuity for developers? Hard to budget what to buy with these unknown costs.
Additionally learned that many homes prior to 2007 have pin holes in their plumbing. Prior to PVC.
Also that insurance rates are lower for homes that are less than 15 years old.
Older homes may also have Chinese drywall that contains harmfull chemicals.

Homes may also have additions/modifications that were not permitted.

Avoid homes that have Westward facing rears...the afternoon Sun is hot & strong, & you dont want it in your eyes every evening, or the rays discoloring window treatments, flooring, or furnishings. It also drives up electricty costs.

Then, there's the FEMA flood zone designation to be aware of.

Lots of hidden dangers lurk buying homes in FLA, which is why an experienced buyers agent is such a good idea for newcomers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area