Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 03:41 PM

49 posts, read 80,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Are you on the SJ city council or do you work for the redevelopment agency? You hardly gave a solid argument that San Jose is better than San Francisco. Each city is good for different reasons, although I'd actually prefer to live in SJ.

Oh, and if you didn't notice, this thread was started in 2009.
I used to volunteer for San Jose Redevelopment agency, and I know the city's stats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
well the only reason SJ has more people than SF is because it has about 2.5 times more land than SF. SJ is spread out and to me it is like an overcrowded suburb of itself, SF is a dense and bustling city. Why is this thread even back
Actually, you're wrong! San Jose's downtown is the cultural hub of the Southern Bay Area. It has all the theater, museums/galleries, restaurants, bars, clubs and entertainment in a 9 block area, which no others in the region have. San Jose is very well rounded.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:36 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Jose's Finest View Post
Actually, you're wrong! San Jose's downtown is the cultural hub of the Southern Bay Area. It has all the theater, museums/galleries, restaurants, bars, clubs and entertainment in a 9 block area, which no others in the region have. San Jose is very well rounded.
Now if old "Man" Jose could only have well-rounded male/female ratio. It might actually be a place I'd consider "partying" and being "entertained" in.

Its basically one big sausage fest. No thanks.

I'll take SF.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:59 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,846 times
Quote:
9 whole blocks, huh?

Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Maybe at tech conventions. Not at the downtown bars and clubs.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:32 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,074 times
Quote:
I used to volunteer for San Jose Redevelopment agency, and I know the city's stats.

I figured you must've either been employeed or volunteered for the redevelopment agency at some point.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:41 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Maybe at tech conventions. Not at the downtown bars and clubs.
I've been there done that. I can confirm its pretty much a sausage fest there too. Way too many dudes everywhere you go. This ultimately makes the ladies alot more stuck up and picky then they otherwise would normally be.

Wouldn't recommend it.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:03 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,148 times
San Jose was a cow town until as recently as the 1950s. And it's never really asserted itself as a city compared to San Francisco (Silicon Valley notwithstanding).

Old 10-28-2011, 01:53 PM

That was in the past, not today. San Jose is a real urban masterpiece.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:47 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Now if old "Man" Jose could only have well-rounded male/female ratio. It might actually be a place I'd consider "partying" and being "entertained" in.

I'll take SF.
San Francisco has an even higher male/female ratio.
SF: 49.3% female
SJ: 49.7% female

San Francisco County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
San Jose (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

The statistics don't agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose