Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 09:59 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times

Advertisements

With my upcoming move to (near) Scotts Valley, I'm beginning to research what's around there... I've never lived in that part of the Bay, so it's all going to be new territory for me! One of the most important things is finding where I can walk my dog, especially since "neighborhood walks" aren't really an option at the new place. So can anyone recommend some dog-friendly parks & trails for us? FYI:

- Must be primarily FLAT land, since we both have arthritis; I can walk for miles if it's flat, but any noticeable incline will have me limping. An occasional short incline is okay, though.

- Preferably open or at least accessible 24/7, as we mostly walk at night due to my late work hours (plus he's not always fond of other dogs). I assume safety isn't much of a concern around there, especially when I'm walking a 50 lb Shepherd mix.

- NOT looking for a "dog park," although if there's a particularly good one that is unlocked after dark, I wouldn't mind knowing. We found one the last time I was there, but it wasn't great.

- Doesn't have to be off-leash friendly, since I rarely let him off leash in open spaces; prefer if others are keeping their dogs leashed too, or at least on firm voice command.

- Can be located anywhere accessible from Highway 17, between Los Gatos and Santa Cruz. I already know of a few places closer to 85 (like Los Gatos Creek Park & Vasona Lake), so more interested in finding the ones farther west/south.

Rudy and I thank you in advance!

Last edited by gizmo980; 10-18-2018 at 10:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 10:48 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
And while I have your attention, I may as well ask for other local recommendations - particularly for a great veterinarian (I have 2 cats + the dog), and of course where to eat! I usually just eat at/near work, since I take my breaks around dinner time, but also need some go-to restaurants near home. Nothing fancy or super expensive; just good takeout-type places like pizza, deli sandwiches, diners, maybe Chinese or Thai? I don’t eat fish, pork, or beef (just poultry), btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose