Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 02:47 AM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times

Advertisements

The wife and I just returned from our trip along the 1 from the Red Woods down to about San Luis Obispo. Obviously, we had to detour around from Carmel to some place south of Big Sur. Hope those folks are ok with the fire and all.

Anyway, the wife was looking through her travel guide before the trip and all, and came across what NOT to call the Bay area. So I decided to start a thread title with it. Anyway, I hope you like the pics. We start out in the Tiburon area;

Is that a cat on a leash? Damn Straight.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 08:56 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times
Wow.. that must have been a very rough earthquake in San Francisco, the buildings have turned sideways!

You can modify the orientation of the picture by using either Paint or if you have an image editing program, like PhotoShop or Picture It, you can do the same thing.

It is also very strange to see a cat on a leash... I hope they have cat leash laws over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The wife and I just returned from our trip along the 1 from the Red Woods down to about San Luis Obispo. Obviously, we had to detour around from Carmel to some place south of Big Sur. Hope those folks are ok with the fire and all.

Anyway, the wife was looking through her travel guide before the trip and all, and came across what NOT to call the Bay area. So I decided to start a thread title with it. Anyway, I hope you like the pics. We start out in the Tiburon area;

Old 08-03-2008, 09:11 AM

I thought I'd keep it sideways. Something else you can do is turn your head to the left to view the photo. Ha! I was just being weird.

That Cat! Poor thing, it looked better fed than its owner. Gr8 cat training if you ask me. Trying to put a leash on our cats would be like trying to spoon a porcupine.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:19 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times
Quote:
I thought I'd keep it sideways. Something else you can do is turn your head to the left to view the photo. Ha! I was just being weird.

That Cat! Poor thing, it looked better fed than its owner. Gr8 cat training if you ask me. Trying to put a leash on our cats would be like trying to spoon a porcupine.
My neck hurts now...

Old 08-03-2008, 09:57 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,307,727 times
Enjoyed the shots ~ thank you for sharing. Makes me wish I was there now. Sigh!

Where is the Spy Shop located???

Old 09-30-2022, 07:56 PM

Quote:

Is that a cat on a leash? Damn Straight.

Miss our roadtrips to the Bay. Wonder how we would negotiate such a trip from NoCal to SoCal these days, where we would stay, etc.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:58 PM

102,225 posts, read 107,999,816 times
WOW!! Those photos are beautiful, and they really make me homesick!

(I don't know why those came out so large)

Thank you for sharing, OP! We should put those up on the photo sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Old 10-02-2022, 01:04 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
The cat on a leash cracked me up.

And I love pets and I've had great cats as pets.

I'm an SF Bay Area native. I've been to 48 U.S. states and over 50 countries on four continents, and that's the first time I've seen a cat on a leash.

Old 10-03-2022, 04:36 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Miss our roadtrips to the Bay. Wonder how we would negotiate such a trip from NoCal to SoCal these days, where we would stay, etc.
Great photos, but I hate how Photobucket went paid-only; they're literally holding our own photos hostage now, and I refuse to pay them on principle alone!

At any rate, travel between SoCal and NorCal is mostly back to how it was pre-pandemic. I drive to Las Vegas (where my family lives) occasionally now, via Bakersfield, and everything along the way seems to be open again. I rarely stop for more than a quick pit stop, but if you wanted to take your time you easily could.

So unless you're personally being cautious, hotels and restaurants and gas stations are good to go.

Old 07-22-2023, 08:43 PM

Thanks for checking photos out, would like to reissue the pics from my own stock if I can find them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland