Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2023, 09:03 AM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
YouTubers use the same sensationalistic tactics. I've seen more than a few of the videos presenters by the posters that like to bash
Too funny. My point is, what do YouTubers have to do with the problem (or the solution) relative to the thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2023, 09:30 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Too funny. My point is, what do YouTubers have to do with the problem (or the solution) relative to the thread?
Nothing. Seems to me like we're making the same point?

Old 07-30-2023, 10:28 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
^^^

The SF Ferry bldg. was busy, not super crowded as of times past, but plenty of cool places to eat and drink, but super super overpriced.....but for a few reasonably priced exceptions. There were less street people hanging out near the Ferry bldg but its still dirty. They had some 10K running event with booths and such but SF is just not the same; it's just too dirty and rundown in many parts.
This is not what SF residents tell me about the ferry building at all. What part of it is "dirty"? I'm told it's very clean on the inside. Of course, it's an old historic building, and it gets a lot of traffic daily, but this description isn't making sense to me.

Old 07-30-2023, 10:54 AM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is not what SF residents tell me about the ferry building at all. What part of it is "dirty"? I'm told it's very clean on the inside. Of course, it's an old historic building, and it gets a lot of traffic daily, but this description isn't making sense to me.
Ruth, Karen, don't call the manager, Ruth, Puhleeze, calm down, lol. The manager won't help you, just joshing ya Ruth.

Seriously, The Ferry Bldg is cool and it was "clean", not dirty inside. I love that building its enormous and historic with an awesome setting on the Bay/embarcadero. I love that they use an old-fashion electronic leader board to post the times and gates of the various Ferries.

In fact, the Ferry itself, and the Ferry ride from Vallejo is one of the main reasons why we still "like" to go to San Francisco. It's 30 miles on the Bay, the longest Ferry ride of all the other routes, and it takes 55 minutes, one-way, but the time goes by really fast.

It's the Embarcaderro area, at least near the Ferry terminal gates that are dirty. I forget maybe they have always looked dirty and I never noticed before.

Btw, they are having a "125 years of Ferries" celebration event (first year was in 1898). I think it's in Aug or Sept. I'll post a video or link if I find one.

Old 07-30-2023, 11:00 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Ruth, Karen, don't call the manager, Ruth, Puhleeze, calm down, lol. The manager won't help you, just joshing ya Ruth.

Seriously, The Ferry Bldg is cool and it was "clean", not dirty inside. I love that building its enormous and historic with an awesome setting on the Bay/embarcadero. I love that they use an old-fashion electronic leader board to post the times and gates of the various Ferries.

In fact, the Ferry itself, and the Ferry ride from Vallejo is one of the main reasons why we still "like" to go to San Francisco. It's 30 miles on the Bay, the longest Ferry ride of all the other routes, and it takes 55 minutes, one-way, but the time goes by really fast.

It's the Embarcaderro area, at least near the Ferry terminal gates that are dirty. I forget maybe they have always looked dirty and I never noticed before.

Btw, they are having a "125 years of Ferries" celebration event (first year was in 1898). I think it's in Aug or Sept. I'll post a video or link if I find one.
I see. That makes more sense now. Well it's been a long time since I was there, but the area always looked a little scruffy, but it's a heavily-trafficked transit zone. Think Port Authority bus station, NYC, but on a smaller scale.

The celebration sounds like fun. Please post, if you attend.

Old 07-30-2023, 03:17 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
People need to stop making sh*t up. What is the motivation behind so many people of the exact same political slant conjuring up an endless barrage of social media content depicting a place that does NOT resemble the whole of SF at all. Why do they hope so feverishly that SF 'fail'? People here don't spend even a second preoccupied with other places? Yet I was walking to my office the other day and this idiot stopped me with a video camera to ask me what I hate about San Francisco? He told me his is from out-of-state but is visiting? I told him he was a loser for spending his time and money to come here just to create strange gotcha videos of a city that he has no vested interest in whatsover, and for what? to perpetuate the right wing media campaign against SF? Chicago? NYC? LA? They hate all cities because cities dont want their leadership. We reject right wing craziness-point blank, for God's sake, they still fondle Donald Trump's almond-sized testicles, give me a break. He is a loser and grifter and his opinion is worthless.

If anyone is stupid enough to think that San Francisco is dying, then you deserve all the anger you are going to feel when the City roars back like it always does.

LOL

Old 07-30-2023, 03:58 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
ABC News is making up sh*t too. Dam it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMGJ71xiaek&t=2s

Old 07-30-2023, 04:04 PM

Eh, who knows Montclair. Maybe they're actually doing people in the Bay Area a favor. There have to be some that are dumb enough to buy into some of the disingenuous claims. And if it helps to lessen the amount of people flocking to the area, sounds like that's actually a temporary win, right?

I do agree with you that the city in particular, in addition to the entire Bay Area will roar back. Remember it wasn't that long ago that sites like these were filled with trolls cheering that home prices came down between 2008 and 2010. Most that stayed put has a nice laugh at them. And even with some of the recent drops, homeowners from that time are still quite well off (despite the claims by doomsayers that really haven't impacted home prices much so there's still clearly people willing to pay the price to live there). I suspect most doing the bashing can't afford to purchase a home in the SF Bay Area anyway so no skin off your back.

It's really just a lot of bitterness and envy, so be happy you're still fortunate enough to live there.

I'd say if you experience another person like that doing a video, you should just start fabricating a bunch of stuff. Tell him you've had some unreported earthquakes that killed thousands when the ground opened up and swallowed them and some other S like that. Also, if you ever want to have some fun, just look at the posting history of those that post this stuff. You'll typicallly find multiple postings between this forum, the CA forum, politics, and maybe 1 or 2 more. It's amazing there are that many people with such pent up anger that they would expend that much energy on it, but they're out there.

Last edited by blameyourself; 07-30-2023 at 04:41 PM..

Old 07-30-2023, 05:00 PM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
I'd say if you experience another person like that doing a video, you should just start fabricating a bunch of stuff.
Better yet, stop watching (or caring about) YouTube videos (or what folks fabricate, lol). Point being, it’s not rocket science to know SF’s ‘Roadmap’ needs to (further) address safety, the homeless and diversification to move forward post-pandemic.

Old 07-30-2023, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Better yet, stop watching (or caring about) YouTube videos (or what folks fabricate, lol). Point being, it’s not rocket science to know SF’s ‘Roadmap’ needs to (further) address safety, the homeless and diversification to move forward post-pandemic.
It's not about me. It's about those that believe some of the sensationalistic garbage. The only YouTube videos I see are those that post crap on some of these board. I've never actively gone to the site to watch a video related to this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland