Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 12:42 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,300,735 times

Advertisements

I used to go to Traders in San Leandro years ago, if nothing else just to window shop the mountains of merchandise they have on site. Sadly it's not there any more. Where is the biggest shop with most comprehensive specialty merchandise now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2022, 07:14 PM

7,253 posts, read 3,776,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertFisher View Post
I used to go to Traders in San Leandro years ago, if nothing else just to window shop the mountains of merchandise they have on site. Sadly it's not there any more. Where is the biggest shop with most comprehensive specialty merchandise now?
"Specialty merchandise?" I think I get your drift.

Traders used to be my go-to place in the 1990s before the ban. They had good deals from time to time.

I use a local place, City Arms in Pleasant Hill. Good store. Their main store is in Pacifica.
I have used Canyon Sports in Martinez, but I prefer City Arms.
I never used Guns, Fishing & Other Stuff in Dublin, but I hear they are okay and they have an indoor range. They have a Vacaville location with range as well. They rent as well.
DICK's Sports Goods has locations in Pleasant Hill and Dublin.

It appears California's bans could go away due to the new SCOTUS ruling. That would be great.

Old 07-22-2022, 01:10 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
I remember Traders very well.
They always had something on sale.
I purchased from them several times.

Where is City Arms?
I don’t think I’ve ever been there.

That place in Dublin had a very rude guy working the range so I turned around from him and left.
I’m not going back.

Our place in Washington has some decent stores.
Even the local hardware store has several hundred firearms to choose from and stacks of ammo.

There is no approved list so the selection is much nicer.
The guy at the class three shop told me owning a suppressor is considered being neighborly.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:09 PM

487 posts, read 323,089 times
I still miss Tri-City sports in Fremont! That was the biggest sporting goods store I've ever been in (before Bass Pro Shops). I liked that they had the tents setup so you could actually go inside one to size it up before buying one.

I never went to the Traders store very much, even though it was closer to me. Maybe because I wasn't into hunting. I think I did buy some bear spray once before heading to the Sierras.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:05 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,069,759 times
Oh man I loved tri city sports.
I used to have a friend that owned a gun shop almost across the street from it they were good too.
Irvington Arms I think it was called.
Small but nice with great service.
Not sure if they are still open.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:08 PM

7,253 posts, read 3,776,807 times
It's interesting how gun stores have been basically regulated out of existence in the East Bay yet there's more armed robberies than ever.

This new SCOTUS ruling opens the door to the return of "assault weapons" and standard-capacity magazines. As well as, new lawsuits to oppose all the other BS California counties are requiring for a CCW in addition to the now banned "just cause" provision. This is a good time for California gun owners.

However, Newsom is the wildcard. In the past, he has ignored laws and court rulings he doesn't like. He'll already trying it now with the SCOTUS ruling.

Old 07-23-2022, 12:10 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackmaster View Post
I still miss Tri-City sports in Fremont! That was the biggest sporting goods store I've ever been in (before Bass Pro Shops). I liked that they had the tents setup so you could actually go inside one to size it up before buying one.
Wait, Tri-City Sports is GONE? When did that happen?

I used to live in North Fremont.

Old 07-23-2022, 06:59 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,812,753 times
I recall The Traders going back to the latter 1970s. I liked browsing in the store and occasional would buy something. I did get the feeling the store was a bit shady though. I had heard the owner Tony, had lost his FFL and a employee of the store had obtained a FFL. I did purchase a Model 29 there back then. I did prefer Moulton's though in Castro Valley

Old 07-23-2022, 07:04 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I remember Traders very well.
They always had something on sale.
I purchased from them several times.

Where is City Arms?
I don’t think I’ve ever been there.

That place in Dublin had a very rude guy working the range so I turned around from him and left.
I’m not going back.

Our place in Washington has some decent stores.
Even the local hardware store has several hundred firearms to choose from and stacks of ammo.

There is no approved list so the selection is much nicer.
The guy at the class three shop told me owning a suppressor is considered being neighborly.
That suppressor comment is hilarious. Something we would hear about in Georgia.

Old 07-23-2022, 07:07 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Oh man I loved tri city sports.
I used to have a friend that owned a gun shop almost across the street from it they were good too.
Irvington Arms I think it was called.
Small but nice with great service.
Not sure if they are still open.
I’ve bought some stuff from Irvington arms. My first ar15 lowers.
It’s been a while so I don’t know if they are still around.
I used to wait for these huge tri city sales and buy ski gear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland