Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 04:01 PM

50 posts, read 69,187 times

Advertisements

Brentwood is basically Dublin but 30 miles farther away from everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 11:40 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
When I moved to Pleasanton decades ago I met some people who were moving from here to Brentwood because they could afford to buy a house there. At the time everyone was saying that Brentwood was going to be the next Pleasanton, just give it 10-15 years! We went there a few times to visit our friends but I haven't been back in over 20 years and never did find out how it ended up. They also said this about Mountain House, but I don't think that really happened either.

Pleasanton and Livermore really glowed up over the last 50 year but being at the 580/680 exchange and having BART nearby is probably what did it.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:52 PM

6 posts, read 2,822 times
Hi,

We recently moved to SFO and currently renting in San Mateo. Considering purchasing in Brentwood. It’s definetely hot and far from SFO but I work from home and my wife needs to only go couple days to work. Really like the new town feeling and affordability in Brentwood. Haven’t driven to other areas but don’t feel like paying close to 1.5 mil and up. I really like the newer homes and community vibe in Brentwood. Has any one recently purchased on moved in this area who can give some insight ?

Old 06-24-2022, 11:44 AM

113 posts, read 54,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgk500 View Post
Hi,

We recently moved to SFO and currently renting in San Mateo. Considering purchasing in Brentwood. It’s definetely hot and far from SFO but I work from home and my wife needs to only go couple days to work. Really like the new town feeling and affordability in Brentwood. Haven’t driven to other areas but don’t feel like paying close to 1.5 mil and up. I really like the newer homes and community vibe in Brentwood. Has any one recently purchased on moved in this area who can give some insight ?
We moved to Oakley (neighbor of Brentwood) last yr and previously rented in Walnut Creek. Except for unique restaurants it's good over here.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:41 PM

899 posts, read 517,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgk500 View Post
Hi,

I'd go with Dublin if you can afford it. Dublin has newer homes and it's a lot safer too. Most of Contra Costa will be too long of a commute.

But if you choose Brentwood, get a Clipper card, if you don't have one already.

Old 06-28-2022, 01:12 PM

25 posts, read 15,052 times
I would choose Benicia before Brentwood. Benicia is 15 min from Bart in Concord and a nicer community feel near the water. Winds keep the temperatures cool. A lot of thriving small businesses and progressive, left leaning leadership. There are cultural elements of Benicia that remind of Petaluma, Martinez, Sebastopol and other historic liberal towns in California - which I prefer over Brentwood/Tracy.

Old 07-01-2022, 12:37 AM

7,237 posts, read 3,776,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolf6450 View Post
I would choose Benicia before Brentwood. Benicia is 15 min from Bart in Concord and a nicer community feel near the water. Winds keep the temperatures cool. A lot of thriving small businesses and progressive, left leaning leadership. There are cultural elements of Benicia that remind of Petaluma, Martinez, Sebastopol and other historic liberal towns in California - which I prefer over Brentwood/Tracy.
You work for the Benicia Chamber of Commerce of something? I'm seeing a pattern in your posts.

I would choose Benicia over Brentwood too. The weather is better especially in summer due to the large diurnal temperature variation.

But what small amount of real estate that is available is $1 million or more, and that's before bidding.

You can get much more house for $1 million in Brentwood and if you work tech in Pleasanton, Brentwood is a no-brainer.

Also, and this may not bother some people, if you work in SF and drive, now you're paying 2 bridge tolls/day: $70/week as opposed to $35/week.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:42 AM

25 posts, read 15,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
You work for the Benicia Chamber of Commerce of something? I'm seeing a pattern in your posts.

I would choose Benicia over Brentwood too. The weather is better especially in summer due to the large diurnal temperature variation.

But what small amount of real estate that is available is $1 million or more, and that's before bidding.

You can get much more house for $1 million in Brentwood and if you work tech in Pleasanton, Brentwood is a no-brainer.

Also, and this may not bother some people, if you work in SF and drive, now you're paying 2 bridge tolls/day: $70/week as opposed to $35/week.
No, I don’t work for the Benicia chamber of commerce. I personally think Benicia is under appreciated and people don’t realize that it could be a viable, more affordable option. How could someone consider Brentwood but not Martinez or Benicia? Maybe it is affordability - but value for money I would rather be a bit closer to Oakland/Berkeley, Walnut Creek and avoid the Central Valley heat. I guess on affordability in Benicia it is $1M… but still way cheaper than Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hill

Old 07-02-2022, 01:45 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post

If my choice was between Brentwood and Benicia I would take less house and buy in Benicia, it's a lovely little town, very safe with great weather.

Old 07-02-2022, 01:48 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearelocation View Post
Hello all,

I recently made a thread about potentially moving to Antioch. My family actually decided that the Antioch area has just a little too much crime. We are looking at Brentwood. We are from Pleasanton but never travel to east Conta Costa county and we don't really know anything about Brentwood. I heard someone say its the next Walnut Creek. I don't think I believe that.

What is the downtown like?
Are there things to do?
Are the residents of the city attractive? (25 year old male)
I would suggest either Benicia or Martinez. In looking at Trulia houses in Martinez are staying on the market longer and several listings have lowered their asking price so it might be worth watching and seeing if that trend continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland