Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:44 PM

362 posts, read 1,057,745 times

Advertisements

Thomas Gibson-Dharma and Greg- Criminal Minds lives in Monte Vista. Henry Thomas-Elliot -E.T. is from San Antonio. One of the Dixie Chicks lives in San Antonio. Madeline Stowe as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 06:14 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,983,056 times
And, of course, James Roday from Psych!

Cheers! M2

Old 02-20-2009, 03:19 PM

142 posts, read 338,992 times
James Michener lived in San Antonio for a good while.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:21 PM

142 posts, read 338,992 times
Eisenhower was stationed here. General Patton was stationed here. General Macarthur went to school here.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:22 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
I was just wondering if any of you all knew of any celebrities, or famous personalities who live in the San Antonio Metro, or outlying areas? I think alot of people play our local public figures down in relation to other areas around the US. I know wikipedia has an extensive list, but too many individuals who are not realy famous, and the list is missing many. I figured I'd start a thread out of boredom including movie stars, musicians, CEOs, atheletes, etc... Include their location of residence if you know it! Even if they were only born here, then moved elsewhere because it would seem that they would still have a tie to the community. Here are a few off the top of my head.

Tommy Lee Jones - (Hollywood Actor ie: Men in Black, US Marshalls, No Country For Old Men, etc... I believe he still resides in the Dominion although born in San Saba, TX.)

George Strait - (Country Music Star raised in Pearsall, TX. resides in the Dominion.)

Shawn Michaells - (aka. The Heartbreak Kid WWF Superstar, I believe he resides in Windcrest.)

Lara Flynn Boyle - (Hollywood Actress ie: Men in Black, Twin Peaks. Residence ???)

Oliver North - (Political & Military Personality, Residence ???)

Michelle Rodriguez - (Hollywood Actress ie: SWAT, Fast n' the Furious, Residence ???)

Robert Rodriguez - (Hollywood Director & Producer ie: The Faculty, Grindhouse Films, Desperado, etc... Residence ???)

Tim Duncan - (No need for introduction...lol... NBA Superstar, Residence I believe The Dominion.)

David Robinson - (NBA Superstar Residence The Dominion)

Shaquille O'Neal - (NBA Superstar - Attended school in San Antonio at a younger age.)

Ty Detmer - (NFL Quarterback & Former Heisman Trophy Winner at BYU, Residence ???)

Priest Holmes - (NFL Running Back with Baltimore Ravens, residence ???)

Stone Cold Steve Austin - (Wrestling Superstar & Actor, Residence???)

Josh Davis - (Olympic Gold Medalist Swimmer, Residence ???)

Johnny Bush - (Country Music Singer, Residence ???)

Steve Earle - (Country Music Singer, Residence ???)

Hal Ketchum - (Country Music Singer, Residence ???)

Pat Green - (Country Music Singer & Texas Country Innovator, Residence???)

John Schneider - (Hollywood Actor ie: Dukes of Hazzard "Bo Duke", Residence ???)

Ernest Tubb - (Country Musician, Residence ???)

John Hagee - (Televangelist & Pastor Cornerstone Church, Residence ???)

Max Lucado - (Christian Author, Residence Crownridge Subdivision.)

Charles Butt - (Founder of HEB Stores & Billionare, Residence ???)

Lowry Mays - (Founder of Clearchannel Communications & Billionare, Residence???)

Red McCombs - (Auto Industry Icon, Former Owner of NBA & NFL franchises & Billionare, Residence ???)

Tom Benson - (Auto Dealership Owner, and Owner of New Orleans Saints, Residence ???)

Patrick Swayze - (Hollywood Superstar ie: Dirty Dancing, Roadhouse, etc... Born in Houston but current resident of Hill Country location ???)

Emily Robison - (Country Musician Singer of The Dixie Chics, residence Bandera, TX.)

If any of you guys know any of the ???'s, or anyone of sugnificane I've missed it would be cool to know!

Actually Heart Break Kids real name is Michael Shawn Hickenbottom, and Stone Cold's Is Steve Williams I saw him when I was beggining my Coca Cola career at the Shell with the dominoes by I10 and Camp bullis.

and lets not forget Jeff Kent! Former Giant, Met, Astro, Dodger, hes the best Second Baseman in MLB Ever!!! Last I heard is that he owned a bike shop here, he also livers here.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:28 AM

898 posts, read 2,894,810 times
On the FOX tv show "Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles" the actress that has the role of the terminator is from San Antonio

someone mentioned Stone Cold Steve Austin. he used to buy all his cd's and dvd's at the cd store I worked at, "Wherehouse Music" at the colonade. I remember when we were having our going out of business sale, he asked me, "where am I supposed to but all my stuff now"? I said "i guess best buy" and he says, "Hell no, its to crowded there"..lol he was a really nice guy.

Last edited by tony78201; 02-21-2009 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: has not had

Old 02-23-2009, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 6,445 times
Tommy Lee Jones lives in Terrel Hills, either on or around Elizabeth Dr.

I used to live right down the street from him...he's really mean in person. If you want to meet him, however, he hangs out at Liberty Bar often.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 PM

693 posts, read 1,502,005 times
Thomas Haden Church from Wings lives in Bandera County.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:43 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
On the FOX tv show "Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles" the actress that has the role of the terminator is from San Antonio

someone mentioned Stone Cold Steve Austin. he used to buy all his cd's and dvd's at the cd store I worked at, "Wherehouse Music" at the colonade. I remember when we were having our going out of business sale, he asked me, "where am I supposed to but all my stuff now"? I said "i guess best buy" and he says, "Hell no, its to crowded there"..lol he was a really nice guy.

he's shy as hell, when I met him I just recognized him called him by his real name, shook his hand, and chatted a little while. It was way better than asking for an autograph! but boy were his arms huge!.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:52 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,660 times
Dustin Lance Black -screenwriter, director, and film and television producer of Showtime's "Big Love" & the 2008 movie "MILK" (for which he also won an Oscar) Was born and grew up in San Antonio later moving to California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio