Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 08:07 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,297,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
Crime is everywhere here! And it doesn't help that San Antonio is turning into little Mexico! Currently there is a gang war going on here in town. There is about 10 major gangs fighting not to mention a few cartels are making the move to call 210 home! Nobody is safe, your home isn't safe, you just have to be smart! Yes not lurking around at night and living in certain Parts of town can lower your risk but key word is lower not eliminate. I live in a neighborhood where houses average 500k in value but you walk a mile down there constantly gang shootings using ak47,ar15, high powered weapons you do not here this on the news! With gang wars come high rates of gang initiations where punk Moderator cut: language kids will kill any random person in the street just to get in! This makes everyone a possible target! The media and cops will only tell you what you wanna hear half the Moderator cut: language ain't true. Now dont take this info and walk around scared, be smart, and arm yourself and family. Always be Aware! Oh and get a big Moderator cut: language dog for your house! Lol
Quote:
Crime is everywhere here! And it doesn't help that San Antonio is turning into little Mexico! Currently there is a gang war going on here in town. There is about 10 major gangs fighting not to mention a few cartels are making the move to call 210 home! Nobody is safe, your home isn't safe, you just have to be smart! Yes not lurking around at night and living in certain Parts of town can lower your risk but key word is lower not eliminate. I live in a neighborhood where houses average 500k in value but you walk a mile down there constantly gang shootings using ak47,ar15, high powered weapons you do not here this on the news! With gang wars come high rates of gang initiations where punk ass kids will kill any random person in the street just to get in! This makes everyone a possible target! The media and cops will only tell you what you wanna hear half the **** ain't true. Now dont take this info and walk around scared, be smart, and arm yourself and family. Always be Aware! Oh and get a big ass dog for your house! Lol
Thank you so much for the laugh. This should be nominated for the most heeeelarious post on CD...ever.
bwahwhahhahahhahahaha

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-27-2012 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: Updated quoted text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 10:39 AM

170 posts, read 291,526 times
Quote:
Crime is everywhere here! And it doesn't help that San Antonio is turning into little Mexico! Currently there is a gang war going on here in town. There is about 10 major gangs fighting not to mention a few cartels are making the move to call 210 home! Nobody is safe, your home isn't safe, you just have to be smart! Yes not lurking around at night and living in certain Parts of town can lower your risk but key word is lower not eliminate. I live in a neighborhood where houses average 500k in value but you walk a mile down there constantly gang shootings using ak47,ar15, high powered weapons you do not here this on the news! With gang wars come high rates of gang initiations where punk Moderator cut: language kids will kill any random person in the street just to get in! This makes everyone a possible target! The media and cops will only tell you what you wanna hear half the Moderator cut: language ain't true. Now dont take this info and walk around scared, be smart, and arm yourself and family. Always be Aware! Oh and get a big Moderator cut: language dog for your house! Lol

The exaggeration is strong with this one

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-27-2012 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Updated quoted text

Old 08-27-2012, 10:55 AM

282 posts, read 472,523 times
Quote:
You have got to be kidding me. You want to talk about gang fighting?! Sweetie, I'm from Chicago and let me tell you that this is nothing. I spoke to my mom (who still lives there) last week and she told me how bad things have gotten in the past 6-8 months. There were 19 gang murders one day! 19!!! I love my hometown but crime is seriously almost everywhere, NOTHING like here in San Antonio. I watch the news and crime here is to a minimum. Not saying it doesn't exist but it is easily avoidable. For a city of 2+ million, it surprised me how few murders, rapes, etc. this place has. BTW, I don't buy your little theory of people firing their automatic weapons at each other.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-27-2012 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: Updated quoted text

Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,501,678 times
Quote:
Crime is everywhere here! And it doesn't help that San Antonio is turning into little Mexico! Currently there is a gang war going on here in town. There is about 10 major gangs fighting not to mention a few cartels are making the move to call 210 home! Nobody is safe, your home isn't safe, you just have to be smart! Yes not lurking around at night and living in certain Parts of town can lower your risk but key word is lower not eliminate. I live in a neighborhood where houses average 500k in value but you walk a mile down there constantly gang shootings using ak47,ar15, high powered weapons you do not here this on the news! With gang wars come high rates of gang initiations where punk ass kids will kill any random person in the street just to get in! This makes everyone a possible target! The media and cops will only tell you what you wanna hear half the **** ain't true. Now dont take this info and walk around scared, be smart, and arm yourself and family. Always be Aware! Oh and get a big ass dog for your house! Lol
As for the murder "rate" it is not as meaningful as people think. You are far more likely to get hurt driving to the store. The other issue is what does the math mean? With such a low number, a % increase doesnt often tell anything. If you have something that happens 1 time a year and the next year it happens 2 times, you had an increase of 100%. That makes for a great headline "Such and such UP 100%...." but it is still anomalous, no matter how sensationalized the information is presented.

To see a real change, you have to look at the types of murders and the "where" they are going on. If there is a shift in those things, you may have a growing problem. A fluctuating crime statistic within a normal range doesnt mean much. Again, what you are looking for is change, not an increase of the same thing within the normal range.

I would also like to know where this is a problem.(500K homes and gangs shooting each other with AR's and AK's) "Gangs" dont often use such weapons, contrary to peoples belief. It is a statistical fact that most "gang" problems involve cheap handguns. Not military style, quality long arms.

Ar-15s and Ak-47s are NOT high powered weapons. They where designed to be an low to intermediate powered weapon so their recoil is low and the amount of ammo one can carry is high. Calling them "High powered" shows an utter lack of understanding of the facts. It would be like calling a Nissan Altima a "Big rig"...it was not and is not designed or capable of such a thing.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM

106 posts, read 153,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by &heart View Post
You have got to be kidding me. You want to talk about gang fighting?! Sweetie, I'm from Chicago and let me tell you that this is nothing...
Interesting you mentioned Chicago, as I just watched a CBS news story on how Mexican drug cartels are moving up there. I'm looking for a place to retire where this garbage is nowhere to be found... not even across town.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:32 PM

123 posts, read 258,213 times
[quote=sleeptech210;25822849]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I would like to know in what part of our city gangs are "constantly shootings using ak47,ar15, high powered weapons".[/

Nw side of town...
Yeah right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio