Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: heb or walmart which one is cheaper
heb 84 80.00%
walmart 23 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 01:33 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,139,182 times

Advertisements

I prefer HEB over Wal-Mart, but where Wal-Mart has HEB beat hands down is the on line shopping/pick up at the store. Wal-Mart does this for no charge. HEB charges 3% more per item AND a $4.95 fee for this service! Wal-Mart almost always gives a little bonus item for free when you shop that way, too. When I have time to shop, I go to the HEB closest to me but when I have a big order and/or need things HEB doesn't handle, I use Wal-Mart store pickup. They also give you the absolute freshest items like milk, bread etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 03:08 PM

6,513 posts, read 7,553,506 times
If the main purpose of my shopping is for retail items, then Wal-Mart (IH35/Palo Alto) and I can stop by the grocery section to pick up a few things.

If the main purpose of my shopping is for food, then HEB Plus (IH 35-Lytle) and I can stop by the retail section to by misc items.

So it really just depends on what I need.

Old 02-11-2024, 09:20 AM

1,710 posts, read 4,139,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
I prefer HEB over Wal-Mart, but where Wal-Mart has HEB beat hands down is the on line shopping/pick up at the store. Wal-Mart does this for no charge. HEB charges 3% more per item AND a $4.95 fee for this service! Wal-Mart almost always gives a little bonus item for free when you shop that way, too. When I have time to shop, I go to the HEB closest to me but when I have a big order and/or need things HEB doesn't handle, I use Wal-Mart store pickup. They also give you the absolute freshest items like milk, bread etc.
Here it is nearly six years later, and I no longer do online shopping/pick up at the store. I shop at HEB 90% of the time but if I want to avoid crowds, I go to the Wal Mart Neighborhood Market on De Zavala. The store is clean, and not so big, one gets worn out going through it. The help is nice, unlike the employees at the regular Wal Mart Super Centers. I haven't bought groceries at a Wal Mart Super Center in years.

Old Today, 12:28 AM

4,066 posts, read 5,651,311 times
Choices would be nice, but we are cursed by HEB forever.

Old Today, 10:02 AM

1,040 posts, read 879,638 times
I'll only get delivery from Walmart using their Walmart+ membership. Going into their stores is awful.

HEB can be equally as awful for crowding, but at least their cashiers/bagging is fast and friendly.

Truth be told, I usually use the HEB app for delivery as well.

The advantage to Walmart is their nationwide relationship with major brands that allow them to price lower than anyone else.

Old Today, 10:17 AM

2,357 posts, read 618,690 times
I would shop at HEB more often than Walmart. I love HEB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio