Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2022, 05:45 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,027,576 times

Advertisements

Who doesn't love the SanPeligrino sodas? Move over, Mountain Dew. Pompelmo with gin and a lime wedge is truly something to die for in the unending, oppressive Utah heat. Or how about Melangrano & Arancia with a splash of Campari topped off with seltzer? Delicious, refreshing and only about 4 gm of alcohol, less than Robitussin, and no caffein.

Tragically, over the course of covid I noticed the gradual disappearance of the delicious SanPeligrino sodas from supermarket shelves. Pompelmo was the first to go, soon followed by Limonata and Aranciata & Fico d'india. All that seems to left is Aranciato Rossa and Melograno & Arancia if you can find it at all. I just figured that there was a shortage or covid related supply problems or something. But not so! On a recent, prolonged road trip I discovered that all of it is still freely available in California. Prices are higher there, $6.99 /6 pack. How come they get all the good stuff? Still, I was forced to buy a 6 month supply. Has anybody seen all the flavors here in Utah? If so, where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 08:59 PM

2,889 posts, read 2,137,886 times
subscribe and save

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09RZFVC...roduct_details

I mix this with my pimms

Old 07-28-2022, 01:08 PM

3,083 posts, read 2,213,841 times
I don't drink flavored soda but if I did - Caputo's is the local spot I'd try. Target, if it has it locally, as that might be cheaper option.

That said, it's likely too much effort and Amazon is probably how I'd go too. Whole Foods has some Italian sodas and might be worth checking out.

Old 07-29-2022, 08:25 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,027,576 times
Thanks, looks like I'll be going the Amazon route when I run dry. All the places that had it before covid - Caputos, Harmons, and even most other more down-market stores have become inconsistent and I don't want to drive around or go nuts with it. And Amazon is actually cheaper. I do find it odd though that it has largely gone extinct here.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:43 AM

43 posts, read 50,413 times
Not sure what the deal is, but I recently ordered a bunch of it off Amazon for my mom who loves it and is recovering from surgery. I try to stay away from Amazon but….if you’re desperate ….

Old 10-02-2022, 04:02 PM

272 posts, read 270,382 times
I don't drink that stuff, but I searched for it in instant cart and it appears that it's sold in plenty of places all over the valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area