Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 03:02 AM

12 posts, read 166,293 times

Advertisements

Hello,
If you know any sonography (ultraosound tech) schools around Sacramento, please let me know. Or maybe you know a school that is close to Sacramento.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 08:00 PM

131 posts, read 510,343 times
Yeah, Check out Yuba College. I believe their Marysville campus has a radiology technician program.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:32 AM

12 posts, read 166,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatalady View Post
Yeah, Check out Yuba College. I believe their Marysville campus has a radiology technician program.
I did, and unfortunally they have closed down their program a year ago or so.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 45,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
Hello,
If you know any sonography (ultraosound tech) schools around Sacramento, please let me know. Or maybe you know a school that is close to Sacramento.
Thank you.
There is another school in Sacramento that has an Ultrasound program, its called United Medical Institute (their site is unitedmedicalinstitute.com).

They seem to have a lot of interesting programs tehre (not just sonography stuff).

I called them and have made an appointment for orientation already. I'll find out more info then.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:17 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Oh this is so great. My daughter is graduating from Western Career College in Sacto in Sept. 18 months. They only took 20 students out of hundreds of apps. She had many recommendations from doctors and supervisors and an essay about why this was for her. She has been working and going to school and is very excited about this. She has enjoyed most of her teachers. Lots of clinical at 6 different hospitals. Good luck and it's a great career choice in my book

Old 06-23-2007, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 45,048 times
Merced College in Merced California.
One of seven in CA that is nationally CAAHEP accredited. Provides over 1700 clinical hours within the umbrella of the program. Regional program with affiliate hospitals spanning from Stockton to Bakersfield.

You should do your research and ask for CAAHEP accredited programs. These programs have had their programs evaluated through the JRC-DMS and have met national standards in the area of curriculum, faculty, in-house clinical coordinators, finances, etc. All graduates from a CAAHEP accredited program are eligible to take their ARDMS exams upon graduation.

In the Sacramento area the CAAHEP accredited programs in the area of diagnostic medical sonography include Merced College, Foothill college and Kaiser Richmond. Others may be searched on the CAAHEP website...there are others in CA as well but in Southern CA.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:39 AM

788 posts, read 4,068,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Oh this is so great. My daughter is graduating from Western Career College in Sacto in Sept. 18 months. They only took 20 students out of hundreds of apps. She had many recommendations from doctors and supervisors and an essay about why this was for her. She has been working and going to school and is very excited about this. She has enjoyed most of her teachers. Lots of clinical at 6 different hospitals. Good luck and it's a great career choice in my book
My husband is in the same program at the same time at Western. He is also scheduled to graduate in September. I bet they know each other!

Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 AM

17 posts, read 123,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcali View Post
My husband is in the same program at the same time at Western. He is also scheduled to graduate in September. I bet they know each other!
Dear leavingcali,

is your husband in their ultrasound tech program in Citrus Heights? If so, is Western Career College accredited or not? It's not on CAAHEP list, so do you know what kind of accreditation does it have? Thanks in advance...

Old 06-28-2007, 03:57 PM

788 posts, read 4,068,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchik View Post
Dear leavingcali,

is your husband in their ultrasound tech program in Citrus Heights? If so, is Western Career College accredited or not? It's not on CAAHEP list, so do you know what kind of accreditation does it have? Thanks in advance...
Yes, he is in Citrus Heights. The program is not currently accredited, but is under review for accreditation. The tour for the accreditation took place a couple of months ago, and went so well that the accreditation committee asked if their program would like to start helping them accredit other institutions. They won't get the official accrediation until September (this year). There has already been one graduating class. The current class (my husband's class) official graduation date that appears on their transcripts will match the accreditation date so that they will graduate from an accreditted program. So, if you were to choose this particular school and program, it would certainly be accredited by the time you started. It's expensive, but it is a good program that combines class work as well as lab work and clinical rotations on hospital sites. There are a few hospitals here in Sacramento that will hire you once you've graduated, but before you've passed the national boards providing that you pass them by a certain time period. If you want, you can email me and I can forward any of your questions to my husband directly.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:06 PM

1 posts, read 44,919 times
Default hello

Hi,
I'm also interested in an xray tech / ultrasound program here in sacramento but none of them seems to be accredited. By any chance does anyone know of any vocational colleges that is accredited? If so, please let me know. Also, I found an article about WCC college being sued by 20 students that just graduated this year from that program. The article was posted on http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19338758/ (broken link).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento