Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,680,564 times

Advertisements

There are unfriendly people everywhere. In my case, am learning to develop better coping skills and move on whenever I have to deal with unfriendly people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 11:20 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,855,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coughlan616 View Post
My point exactly.. I understand sometimes they try to water down certain people so they aren't as strong.. Even if they try to make black people "better" by mixing them with whites, it comes at the expense of the white community but honestly, even whites today in America are brainwashed and if they are running around having mixed kids, we never needed them anyhow. A strong person mentally and physically wouldn't do such a thing. What needs to happen is whites need to bring their birthrates up, the small minority who can actually teach their kids right and the ways of tribalism or certain religions like Asatru and Odinist and just let everyone else here in this melting pot mix it out.. as long as people like me have our slice of the pie and go somewhere where we can get our numbers up properly. I like isolationism especially if it means isolating from a brainwashed population, then you bet. The situation isn't always racial either.
Hey negative nellie!
The USA is a melting pot. Didn't you read about that in your high school history class?
I hear what you're saying, and I know others who think this way, but it really is unusual position except for certain sects or religions.....which lead me to wonder if you are a white supremacist. I know you aren't religious, so, are you a WS?

Old 09-14-2012, 12:13 AM

8,674 posts, read 17,303,137 times
I assume it must be bluevelo--he's also posting in the Portland forum and saying he lives there, during the same week when he's posting in the Sacramento forum and telling people he lives here. In both cities he seems pretty unhappy with where he is, but making racial remarks about Indians in Portland instead of the Blacks and Mexicans crack here. Just more proof that miserable people tend to pack their misery along with them when they move to a new city...

Old 09-14-2012, 12:29 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,855,450 times
Yeah, also known as a "geographical cure"

Quote:
The idea of a fresh start somewhere new can be appealing to most people. It is a particularly attractive notion to those individuals who feel they have made a mess of their life. Moving to a new place and starting again can seem like the perfect solution. The problem is that such attempts often end in failure. This is particularly true if the individual is trying to run away from an addiction. As somebody wise once remarked, wherever you go, there you are. In other words, people take their problems with them.
Addiction Geographical

Old 09-15-2012, 09:21 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,680,564 times
In my opinion, if we can have happy cows in California producing lots of milk due to our climate, then people should be happier too. I wouldn't stereotype some incidence as a typical social transaction since it may not usually be true in many cases.

You may want to consider the social dynamics involved in the future and develop better people skills or better problem avoidance skills merely through being friendlier.

In any case, I have noticed that the people who resort to those tactics may have the most to "hide" and may feel the need to engage in the fallacy of "distraction" and blame other people and use drama to make other people seem worse.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 AM

762 posts, read 2,033,185 times
True! There's no SAD in the sun belt

Old 09-17-2012, 10:26 AM

762 posts, read 2,033,185 times
addiction geographical... That is an interesting concept, Cali. Agreed!

Old 09-20-2012, 12:26 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,706,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGirlcominghome1 View Post
Hello,

I am planning to move back to California after living in Portland, OR for 6 years. I am thinking the Sacremento area for the job opportunities in my field. I am thinking probably the east side, like Rocklin/Roseville/Folsom.

My question is this: I keep hearing that people in Sacramento are unfriendly. Is this really true? What are your experiences?

Thank you.
People in Sacramento are very open to outgoing people. If you are reserved and shy, people will most likely not give you the time of day. There are very few metro areas in the USA that would be an exception to this. So... be an outgoing social butterfly without being annoying and you will be O-K

Old 09-23-2012, 12:01 AM

771 posts, read 1,583,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
I assume it must be bluevelo--he's also posting in the Portland forum and saying he lives there, during the same week when he's posting in the Sacramento forum and telling people he lives here. In both cities he seems pretty unhappy with where he is, but making racial remarks about Indians in Portland instead of the Blacks and Mexicans crack here. Just more proof that miserable people tend to pack their misery along with them when they move to a new city...
Um, I'm not this Coughlin dude. I only have one handle on here, and its this one. Nor am I a racist. I don't care what color people's skins are. The color of your skin has absolutely NOTHING to do with what kind of human being you are.

My main beef with here in Sacramento and California in general is the undue influence of gang culture that I see everywhere - in people's dress, in the way they talk, in the way they act, and the speading of that gang culture is colorblind. I see PLENTY of white guys acting gangsta, I see Asians acting gangsta, I see Blacks, I see Mexicans... I do not like it nor do I like green eggs and ham, OK? Its gotten worse with the bad economy...

I don't think Sacramento is a healthy environment to raise children in unless you are rich enough that you can afford to live in the best neighborhoods like Granite Bay and send your kids to private school.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 AM

66 posts, read 119,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGirlcominghome1 View Post
Hello,

I am planning to move back to California after living in Portland, OR for 6 years. I am thinking the Sacremento area for the job opportunities in my field. I am thinking probably the east side, like Rocklin/Roseville/Folsom.

My question is this: I keep hearing that people in Sacramento are unfriendly. Is this really true? What are your experiences?

Thank you.
Yes. It is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento