Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 07:55 PM

32 posts, read 104,912 times

Advertisements

The pre-waitlist lottery for a housing choice voucher (Section 8) in Sacramento is now open, and I am considering signing up. Is Sactown a good place to live in?

I currently live in the East Bay, in central Costa County. I am white, single, and in my 40's, so I don't want to live around MOD CUT. I like the suburban lifestyle.

What are the better areas of Sacramento? I like Natomas a lot, but not so much south Sacramento.

Or would places like Roseville, Auburn, Citrus Heights, Rocklin, Elk Grove, etc. be more to my liking?

Thanks!

EDIT: BTW, for those of you who don't get it, by "single", I also mean "no kids". I despise single parents. If I had kids, I would be married.

Last edited by NewToCA; 06-10-2012 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: let's not make this an uncivil discussion, your intent is clear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 08:01 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
I think you'd be happier in Idaho.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:25 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,309,259 times
First its probably worthwhile to put your name on the waiting list for section 8 housing while the waiting list is open, I think the last time they opened the list was several years ago. Being on the waiting list gives you options. That said, I in the neighborhoods where housing is rented to people with section 8 vouchers, the neighborhoods themselves are fairly diverse. If you are looking to live among white people look to the North to some place like Oregon, Montana etc. The Central Valley in general is going to be more Hispanic than the bay area, so if you don't want to live near Hispanics, then you don't want to live here.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:33 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,757 times
wtf

Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 PM

197 posts, read 299,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth_criminal View Post
The pre-waitlist lottery for a housing choice voucher (Section 8) in Sacramento is now open, and I am considering signing up. Is Sactown a good place to live in?

I currently live in the East Bay, in central Costa County. I am white, single, and in my 40's, so I don't want to live around MOD CUT. I like the suburban lifestyle.

What are the better areas of Sacramento? I like Natomas a lot, but not so much south Sacramento.

Or would places like Roseville, Auburn, Citrus Heights, Rocklin, Elk Grove, etc. be more to my liking?

Thanks!

EDIT: BTW, for those of you who don't get it, by "single", I also mean "no kids". I despise single parents. If I had kids, I would be married.

On Section 8...........?...............Good luck with that.

Last edited by NewToCA; 06-10-2012 at 10:56 PM..

Old 06-09-2012, 08:55 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,224,933 times
Quote:

Thanks!

You wouldn't be happy living in metro Sacramento, I'd advise you to consider somewhere else.

Last edited by NewToCA; 06-10-2012 at 10:56 PM..

Old 06-09-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
First its probably worthwhile to put your name on the waiting list for section 8 housing while the waiting list is open, I think the last time they opened the list was several years ago. Being on the waiting list gives you options. That said, I in the neighborhoods where housing is rented to people with section 8 vouchers, the neighborhoods themselves are fairly diverse. If you are looking to live among white people look to the North to some place like Oregon, Montana etc. The Central Valley in general is going to be more Hispanic than the bay area, so if you don't want to live near Hispanics, then you don't want to live here.
Thank you. I have nothing against blacks or Hispanics, in fact, I support Obama and Kevin Johnson and am ultra-liberal; it's just I don't want to live with them all over my neighborhood, as they bring the neighborhood down. People live with their own race for the most part and self-segregate. White flight, black flight, etc. I know. Mexicans stole my step-dads catalytic converter; we have Section 8 white trash living below us now; etc. I just want to know what are the good areas of Sacramento and its suburbs. I don't want to live where crime is.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
On Section 8...........?...............Good luck with that.
Actually, lots of people take Section 8. It's guaranteed income in rough economic times.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:10 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,161,984 times
No. There are too many brown people here for you. Move along.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:12 PM

197 posts, read 299,541 times
Quote:
Actually, lots of people take Section 8. It's guaranteed income in rough economic times.

Whatever , you completely missed the point anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento