Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 12:04 AM

17,807 posts, read 9,247,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Why are you so bitter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Why are you? You look around this world and only see "trash" or crime. What a bitter life.
I'm not. You like to fabricate weird things about people you know nothing about.

Old 04-16-2024, 04:08 AM

8,030 posts, read 4,713,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Bottom line is you see me as a threat to your agenda.
Threat? You're hardly a threat to any agenda, except maybe an agenda of decency. You're pitiful smallness has been so exposed here. If you had any degree of self-awareness, you'd know it.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM

10,035 posts, read 15,693,219 times
The video's funny, but it could apply to dozens of run down, former mill towns in New England. Maybe they could have made it little more Woonsocket specific?

I know nothing about West Warwick so I couldn't comment on those threads, but I live close enough to Woonsocket to know I sure wouldn't be advising anybody to relocate there.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
The video's funny, but it could apply to dozens of run down, former mill towns in New England. Maybe they could have made it little more Woonsocket specific?

I know nothing about West Warwick so I couldn't comment on those threads, but I live close enough to Woonsocket to know I sure wouldn't be advising anybody to relocate there.
If your advice were accurate, it would depend on what the relocator was looking for. There is a small private enclave in the north end of Woonsocket called Winter Court. It sits on a hill & is as attractive & well maintained as any neighborhood on the East Side of Providence. So, if someone wanted a grand historic house on a hill on the Massachusetts border for half the price of any similar neighborhood elsewhere in Rhode Island, you would be remiss not to advise them to consider Winter Court in Woonsocket. If you even knew Winter Court existed.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:03 AM

23,673 posts, read 18,782,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
If your advice were accurate, it would depend on what the relocator was looking for. There is a small private enclave in the north end of Woonsocket called Winter Court. It sits on a hill & is as attractive & well maintained as any neighborhood on the East Side of Providence. So, if someone wanted a grand historic house on a hill on the Massachusetts border for half the price of any similar neighborhood elsewhere in Rhode Island, you would be remiss not to advise them to consider Winter Court in Woonsocket. If you even knew Winter Court existed.

Folks, this "Winter Court" place is like three houses. Woonsocket is the pits, don't purchase the snake oil.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:04 AM

17,807 posts, read 9,247,915 times
Quote:
There are a few things.

"I drank a pack last night of Natyy Ice
Back at Minuteman by 9AM"

Minuteman Liquors, 779 Park Ave, Woonsocket, RI

Street View: https://maps.app.goo.gl/2c7PgvRSNPCfn47J9

"I’m at Cowboys and my card just got declined
Maybe I can use my EBTs this time"

Cowboys, 350 River St, Woonsocket, RI (closed permanently)

Street View: https://maps.app.goo.gl/76k2cNCMYfN7cnRw6

"I just bought a single at Lee’s with 6 dimes"

Lee's Convenience Store, 630 Social St, Woonsocket, RI

Street View: https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZiJUUHUofUfmmhVz5

Old 04-16-2024, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Folks, this "Winter Court" place is like three houses. Woonsocket is the pits, don't purchase the snake oil.
"Folks" this fellow doesn't know what he's talking about. It's doubtful he even has ever lived in Rhode Island.

Old 04-16-2024, 10:36 AM

5,243 posts, read 6,167,545 times
Quote:

You think the neighborhoods on either side near the top of diamond Hill Road are that bad? I was there a couple of months ago they are nice little neighborhoods.

I am beginning to wonder if some of these people that live in Rhode Island actually venture out of their own little house.

Old 04-16-2024, 12:30 PM

10,035 posts, read 15,693,219 times
It's hard for me to tell where Cumberland ends and Woonsocket begins. My experience with Woonsocket is mostly limited to the Diamond Hill Plaza area. Mostly the Lowe's, but I used to go into the Sears once in a while when it was there. I have seen other parts of the city and no, not impressed at all.

Old 04-16-2024, 01:03 PM

5,243 posts, read 6,167,545 times
Quote:
It's hard for me to tell where Cumberland ends and Woonsocket begins. My experience with Woonsocket is mostly limited to the Diamond Hill Plaza area. Mostly the Lowe's, but I used to go into the Sears once in a while when it was there. I have seen other parts of the city and no, not impressed at all.
40 years ago all that shopping plaza with Sears and everything was really nice and it was vibrant. If you go up diamond Hill Road from there that's some pretty nice neighborhoods on either side. They still are pretty nice.

The shopping center at the bottom of diamond Hill Road never recovered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island