Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 02:01 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,402,459 times

Advertisements

Still kills me how y'all can argue over anything in this forum, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2023, 02:02 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Also,

"Noticing a sweet taste while drinking water could be a sign of diabetes."

https://bestlifeonline.com/news-swee...ater-diabetes/

Old 06-05-2023, 03:07 PM

639 posts, read 377,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Still kills me how y'all can argue over anything in this forum, lol.
Seriously. There are two posters here that butt in on everything, and unironically they show themselves to be utter morons.

Sweetwater is just an old term for freshwater, to differentiate it from salt or brackish. Hardly something to argue over. Good God.When you talk to an old farmer (people in their 80s plus) about a new well, they'll often refer to the water as sweet. Meaning, good freshwater. Now shut up.

Last edited by mikeugh; 06-05-2023 at 03:36 PM..

Old 06-05-2023, 03:34 PM

23,569 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeugh View Post
Seriously. There are two posters here that butt in on everything, and unironically they show themselves to be utter morons.

Speaking of, anybody heard from the Belmont kid?

Old 06-05-2023, 05:13 PM

4,382 posts, read 3,187,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Others don't use those terms interchangeably. It won't kill you to admit you made a mistake.
And it won't kill you not to pick a fight.

Or maybe it will; there's no evidence of you not being contrary so maybe it's health related?

Anyway to the OP I agree that the water in RI is generally very good but Providence has some problems in that the pipes delivering the water can be too old. Which they're aware of and are working on, but the city isn't responsible for the pipes from the street into your house.

Rural communities with well water isnt usually a problem . Those people run into problems on the other end; cesspools often don't pass inspections and many areas still don't have access to sewer lines

Old 06-05-2023, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
And it won't kill you not to pick a fight.
I was trying to be helpful. I received a response with an eye roll. Talk to the guy rolling his eyes about picking fights.

Old 06-05-2023, 07:58 PM

4,382 posts, read 3,187,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I was trying to be helpful. I received a response with an eye roll. Talk to the guy rolling his eyes about picking fights.
You were trying to be helpful by insisting a poster admit he was wrong because you were unfamiliar with a term? I'm not sure who you thought you were helping

Old 06-05-2023, 09:14 PM

Quote:
You were trying to be helpful by insisting a poster admit he was wrong because you were unfamiliar with a term? I'm not sure who you thought you were helping
I was trying to help independent man - who is more than capable of defending himself. As usual, you are only here to bicker. And hilarious how you, of all people, are accusing others of picking fights. Any issue between me and independent man was over long before you decided to come here to try to start trouble.

Old 06-06-2023, 04:01 AM

8,065 posts, read 4,688,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeugh View Post

Sweetwater is just an old term for freshwater, to differentiate it from salt or brackish.
Indeed. You make an excellent point. I sometimes forget. “Never wrestle with a pig because you'll both get dirty and the pig likes it."

Old 06-06-2023, 04:21 AM

8,065 posts, read 4,688,251 times
Quote:
Never mind. Of course he knew he wasn't helping. I need to remember, winning a fight fought below your weight is hardly a win. Just makes one look smaller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island