Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2023, 09:06 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2448 View Post
where did you read this for 2023? This is last year's news. Nothing has been canceled or suspended for 2023.
That's great news then. I read it on some aviation website I don't remember which one. I'm sorry I posted it then. I didn't realize it was old news that was being posted. I'm flying up to Providence next week from Jacksonville on Southwest. I intentionally didn't buy on Breeze even though I think their flight is nonstop. I just assumed that was cancelled also. I honestly can't tell anymore what airlines are doing. Anyway again I'm sorry I posted that incorrect information on the Breeze flights, but very glad those flights are still scheduled especially the LAX nonstop flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2023, 05:49 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
I’m seeing that the A220 (Bombardier) jets Breeze is buying have 30” seat pitch and only two rows of extra legroom seats. There are also “nicest” first class seats at 2.5x the price. NFW I’m flying to LA in a 30” seat pitch seat. That’s a 6+ hour flight into the headwind.

Old 04-24-2023, 09:29 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’m seeing that the A220 (Bombardier) jets Breeze is buying have 30” seat pitch and only two rows of extra legroom seats. There are also “nicest” first class seats at 2.5x the price. NFW I’m flying to LA in a 30” seat pitch seat. That’s a 6+ hour flight into the headwind.
The pitch is tight, but they're also "slimline" seats. So not only is there not much legroom (still 2 inches more than Spirit), but there's also minimal padding. Fine for a a short hop (I've done PVD to CVG and PIT on the A220), but not ideal for more than a couple of hours.

That said, the A220 overall is a really nice plane. Like the 787 and the A350, the cabin is pressurized to a lower altitude (6,000 feet vs. 8,000) and kept at higher humidity which makes for a noticeable improvement on the comfort front (less dry skin, clogged ears, etc.). The air circulation tech is better too. the 2 x 3 configuration is nice too - about half as many middle seats as you'll find on a 737/a320. The "nicest"/first class seats are comfortable (in line with domestic business/first on legacy carriers), but it's still an economy product so you're not going to get meal service, complimentary drinks, or any other first/business class perks.

Old 04-24-2023, 09:39 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
The pitch is tight, but they're also "slimline" seats. So not only is there not much legroom (still 2 inches more than Spirit), but there's also minimal padding. Fine for a a short hop (I've done PVD to CVG and PIT on the A220), but not ideal for more than a couple of hours.

That said, the A220 overall is a really nice plane. Like the 787 and the A350, the cabin is pressurized to a lower altitude (6,000 feet vs. 8,000) and kept at higher humidity which makes for a noticeable improvement on the comfort front (less dry skin, clogged ears, etc.). The air circulation tech is better too. the 2 x 3 configuration is nice too - about half as many middle seats as you'll find on a 737/a320. The "nicest"/first class seats are comfortable (in line with domestic business/first on legacy carriers), but it's still an economy product so you're not going to get meal service, complimentary drinks, or any other first/business class perks.
I travel often with dogs. For some reason some of the Airbus models can't (or won't) accommodate pets in airconditioned cargo or baggage. It frustrating going to the Caribbean when changing planes & the best connection has a plane not accommodating dogs underneath.

Old 04-24-2023, 09:53 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
I travel often with dogs. For some reason some of the Airbus models can't (or won't) accommodate pets in airconditioned cargo or baggage. It frustrating going to the Caribbean when changing planes & the best connection has a plane not accommodating dogs underneath.
Interesting, I didn't know that was an issue. That's frustrating. I'm not sure if that would be the case with the A220. It's "Airbus" in name only. It was originally designed, developed, and launched by Bombardier as the CSeries. It actually flew passengers for several years as the CS-100/300 before Airbus rebranded it as the A220. So I wonder if it'll have the same issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island