Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:49 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,054,940 times

Advertisements

Bad weather is not always so bad - offers a good excuse to do those kind of enjoyable things that, for whatever reason, we seem to think we can't do any other time At times I can't wait til winter really hits but I also know I will live to regret this thought (about 1/2/10).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 05:39 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,179,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Bad weather is not always so bad - offers a good excuse to do those kind of enjoyable things that, for whatever reason, we seem to think we can't do any other time At times I can't wait til winter really hits but I also know I will live to regret this thought (about 1/2/10).
Agreed! When I was working I hated having bad weather on the weekends...it seemed so unfair to have to be stuck inside the house after being stuck inside an office all week. But now that I'm retired it just doesn't really matter so much. There's always tomorrow!

Old 11-13-2009, 08:50 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,612,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
Agreed! When I was working I hated having bad weather on the weekends...it seemed so unfair to have to be stuck inside the house after being stuck inside an office all week. But now that I'm retired it just doesn't really matter so much. There's always tomorrow!
Just one of the many true joys of retirement. Friends and family questioned our decision to move 2,000 miles because we'd experience four seasons, one of them being true winter. As we explained, that was one of the lures. We missed the seasons and besides, if the weather is bad at times, being retired we don't have to go out in it.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:53 AM

17,523 posts, read 24,772,710 times
Windy, stormy and Friday the 13th, go back to bed

Old 11-13-2009, 03:55 PM

3,440 posts, read 6,574,303 times
Actually was pretty nice weather here for Friday the 13th. Sunny and typical fall high 40s. Went for a walk, did laundry, thought about cleaning out some closets. May do that tomorrow - It's fun to read what others are doing. Been planning a short trip. First thought we'd go to NYC or DC but now it seems the season has past for it to be warm enough for that. Guess now we'll think about further south.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:22 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,951,254 times
Today I drove around...just drove around.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:52 PM

8,588 posts, read 7,003,725 times
Lovely weather here today, high about 70 with clear blue skies. Got up early and took the dog for a walk on the beach.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:54 PM

14,045 posts, read 27,300,359 times
My wife and I went over to Wendy's today, and had M&M Twisted Frosty's for lunch. Came home and put some fertilizer around the trees and bushes, since they are calling for pretty heavy rains tonight.

Nice being retired!

Old 11-19-2009, 04:23 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,995,512 times
Nothing much done today...sat outside in the sun this morning for a little suntan on top of the tan I got yesterday on top of the tan the day before...guess I will have the same routine tomorrow.

Am in Baja below the border and it's been in the 70's lately.

Getting a little tired...think I'll have a one hr nap before fixing dinner.

Steve

Old 11-19-2009, 05:06 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,298,872 times
Let's see. I'm getting ready for our trip this weekend to our place in central florida. Since the bf wants to bring so many toys (motorcycle and jet boat and RV) we're going to be caravaning down with each of us driving a vehicle. I'm driving his chevy packed to the gills with things I've thinned out from here and towing the boat, and he's driving his old RV with the motorcycle behind it. I told his middle aged son he couldn't come this year as I can't stand his temper tantrums so I'll be having long days driving. We'll probably take Rt 81 down towards the Atlanta area and either switch over to 95 or go down the middle of fla staying at truck stops. Hoping everyone on CD who's along the way will come out and wave so we can see you and say hello, you won't be able to miss us.

Spent the day forwarding the mail, notifying Mcard of travel plans, paid the bills, packed small things into car, last minute laundry, picked up things I need at the dollar store I won't be able to find as cheaply there, did the supper thing while watching the Lpga, and need to do dreaded filing tonight. Also tried to set up a bluetooth plug-in for vehicle communications but every time I called from the car he hung up on me as he didn't want to use minutes, so I have no idea if the darned thing works or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement