Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 10:19 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,195,010 times

Advertisements

I have ReSound hearing aids. I do like the app that comes with it. I can save settings to Favorites with the adjustments I can make in the app. It does have one feature that may be helpful, Find my hearing aids. The app will show on a GPS map where your left and right side is. My come in handy it by chance one falls out I guess. It works when you have Bluetooth on, which you have to have on for the app to work. I would probably have more trouble adjusting to the hearing aids if they didn't have the App to adjust the aids yourself easily, which I do often for various reasons. And...there are lots of ways to adjust the sound. Besides volume, also how far out they pick up sounds, also treble, bass, midrange adjustable and of course can save these settings.

My mom just got HA but a different brand, not sure which. It doesn't have Find my Hearing aids, she was a little disappointed. But hers keeps track of how many steps she takes and how long she is wearing aids. I don't know if she can save her settings. Full price was around 3600 or so.

You definitely have to get used to them, it's gotten better over the past two months. Even when I put them in, in the morning, it takes a bit to adjust. But it is still hearing through a speaker, not high quality hi-definition speakers.

Btw, mine was covered by insurance mostly. The billable amount was $3,800 or so.

Also, only one of my ears gets amplified sound. One of my ears has very poor clarity so the sound is sent over to the other hearing aid, it's called crossover, and cost extra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2024, 10:25 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,419,471 times
My tech said that you should wear them in both ears even if only one ear is the problem, that the good ear will try to compensate and will lose capacity.

Old 03-05-2024, 10:42 AM

16,108 posts, read 10,775,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post

The one thing I wish they could do is stream Bluetooth audio from my laptop. That would be really great, but I've heard that it's not going to happen anytime soon.
My Phonak devices will connect/pair with my laptop and iPhone and tablet and sometimes more than one at a time. That is a problem that requires me to turn Bluetooth off on everything except my iPhone. If I'm watching TV and the devices pair with the (idle) laptop in my home office the quality of the TV sound is compromised. Not a real problem most of the time. It took a while to figure it out.

Old 03-05-2024, 10:44 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,195,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
My tech said that you should wear them in both ears even if only one ear is the problem, that the good ear will try to compensate and will lose capacity.
My audiologist said amplifying the ear that has poor clarity will not help with clarity, just make the poor clarity louder, like amplifying mumbling. The aid doesn't block natural sounds to the "bad" ear just sends sound to the other ear. She recommended either the crossover or hearing aid only for the ear that doesn't have a problem with clarity as much. My hearing boarders on poor to profound in both ears with high profound clarity loss in one ear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement