Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 12:25 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
I think the last cash I spent was well before Covid.
+1
When I went to the carwash recently, I realized that this was the first time that I had used cash for over one year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 07:51 AM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
This thread is hilarious.

Here's a quippy quote to go with it - "like herding cats."

Hope you're healing well, galaxyhi.

Old 06-14-2021, 11:57 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
It's already happened. Ask a young cashier to make change.

For example, the bill for lunch is $16.14. I give her a twenty dollar bill with a dime and four pennies. See the deer in the headlights look on her face.

A bit like the clerk who when faced with the task of multiplying a number by 100, had to make a mad dash for a calculator.

Old 06-14-2021, 11:59 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I worked with a 20-something that proudly admitted she could not tell time on an analog clock.

She probably couldn't read handwriting either.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:52 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,610,760 times
"Make your dreams come true: Wake Up!"

Old 06-15-2021, 08:21 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,651,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I don't think Olive Garden has a way to pay without a credit card.
Why would anyone voluntarily eat at Olive Garden?

Old 06-15-2021, 08:26 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,651,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE

Old 06-15-2021, 11:18 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
This thread is hilarious.

Hope you're healing well, galaxyhi.
Thanks.
But actually no, I'm not healing well at all.

Yesterday I had my third emergency surgery following the original surgery on April 26.

The 18" incision on my lower abdomen doesn't want to heal, I've had two surgeries to cut out necrotic (dead) tissue and the incision has ruptured on both right and left sides.

The day after the original surgery I was back in the OR for a massive hematoma/internal bleeding, and Seriously the surgeon waited too long to get me back in.
When the floor nurse took my BP before sending me down to surgery, she said "that can't be right". I asked what? She said 'your BP is64/30!'.

By the time I arrived in the OR intake room, the nurse made the same exclamation, but this time my BP was 22/10!
3 times my BP went to 0/0 on the table.
In other words they "lost me" 3 times on the table.
They gave me 6 units of blood and platelets! That's a lot.
Darn good thing I was able to tell intake nurse I'd accept blood if needed, or literally I wouldn't be here.

The recovery nurse explained all this when I was semi coherent in recovery because she said they were waiting for the"go" to send me to the ICU. I asked why was I going to ICU? She said that's where the sickest of the sickest in the hospital go.
I said I know that, BUT WHY AM I GOING THERE?
She told us (spouse with me) the above, then I saw another nurse outside the recovery room call her out. She came back and said "apparently I've said too much"!!!!
Oh, great! An attempt to cover up how close I was to...not...being here now!!
I was sent up to ICU with not one, not two, but FOUR IV bags fed into the single IV location. (Saline, last unit blood, and two strong antibiotics.)

And after a week in hospital, I was released, but 4 days later was readmitted for another week to battle 2 infection s..one in the incision, and one internal.

I think today I get an appointment with my primary doctor to see if I can get to see another surgeon who is willing to take over, I don't think this jack***** knows what he's doing, even though he supposedly specializes in what I had done!

I think"pain and suffering" ...might be in order.

Surgeon s don't like to deal with another surgeon s work, because if they find gross neglect or incompetence, they have to report it, and naturally dontchknow, NO surgeon wants to be reported, so they don't want to deal with another surgeon s work they might have to report.

But, grrr, I don't know how many more mistakes I can handle... physically...or mentally!!

But, as I said, thanks for the best wishes.

I just want this ordeal to be over.

But first I have to live through it!!

Old 06-16-2021, 07:19 AM

4,143 posts, read 3,056,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
A bit like the clerk who when faced with the task of multiplying a number by 100, had to make a mad dash for a calculator.
When I worked part-time at the library, due to the way the system was set up, it was occasionally necessary to do calculations by hand. While others would grab a calculator, I would grab a pen and piece of scrap paper. That's just me. I keep a calculator in my car to figure gas mileage, though. Division would require a lot of scrap paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement