Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 11:12 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,576,196 times

Advertisements

Use an iPad, a tablet, a laptop computer, or a desktop computer to set up a Uber ride. NO smartphone or cell phone is needed.

'How to request an Uber ride without the app'

Are you looking to try out Uber but don’t have a smartphone?
Perhaps you don’t have enough space on your phone for the app or need to book from a PC. In any case, that’s not a problem: you don’t need to have the app in order to request a ride with us.

What can I use to request a ride?

Smartphones are typically used to request rides – that was the initial idea behind Uber’s creation –

but it’s also possible to request an Uber ride online from almost any device.

You can request an Uber ride online via m.uber.com, whether that’s on:
• An older phone with internet browsing capabilities
• A tablet or laptop
• A public desktop computer with internet access
Requesting an Uber online is also an excellent workaround if you do have a smartphone but don’t have the space to install more apps on your phone.

So, how do I request a ride online?

To use the website version of Uber, you will need to create an account to register your contact details and your payment method (PayPal and credit card) for the ride.
Once that’s done, head over to m.uber.com to order the ride:
1. Enter your phone number to log in.
2. Set the pickup location and destination on the map.
3. Select the type of ride you would like, check the price and confirm the ride.

https://www.uber.com/en-NL/blog/how-...thout-the-app/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 12:49 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,188,357 times
Well, I promised I wasn't going to buy another smartphone until I absolutely, positively had to. When I pulled out my smartphone yesterday, I noticed that the LCD screen was falling off the phone- and realized that maybe, this might be the first hint of my phones technical obsolescence. At first, I thought to myself "That'll buff out"... but that thought was replaced by a vision of the phone exploding on my desk, or in my hand. Hmmm. Ok, I'll buy one, but it won't be the biggest one available.

So I jumped in my car, and promised myself that I was absolutely, positively just going to go in and purchase the least expensive phone I can get away with. As a former "techie", walking into a cellphone store is not exactly conducive to holding on to your wallet very tightly. Inside the store, it's HollyWood! Lights! Cameras! Action going on everywhere!

So, of course, I ended up walking out with a phone powerful enough to run the computing department of the US government for the next 7 years, with enough cameras and internal storage to film and archive the next 2 versions of Avatar.

Oh well, at least I don't need a new truck!!! .....................Oh man, is that a dent...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement