Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 05:21 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,454,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
My greatest fantasy is to hunt down and kill a large number of pedophiles, animal abusers, etc before I die.

Where do you live? I'll help you with that! hehe

Yeah - those "people" are horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 06:06 PM

32,968 posts, read 36,464,856 times
I'd like to have at least one month without worry. I'd spend that month in a beautiful, warm location near a beach, with gardens filled with butterflies and hummingbirds, or some kind of interesting bird. It would be a plus if there was a waterfall nearby. I'd sleep, read, hike, garden. I'd get a few terrific massages and do some yoga. I'd visit the sea every day to wade or swim and comb the beach. Wonderful nutritious, delicious meals and snacks would be served throughout the day.

I would probably never want to leave, but be ready to do do battle in the modern world.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:15 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,567,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eidas View Post
i am just hoping my mother goes before me----I would like to live ONE DAY without her controlling aspects of my life
My mom gave me that pleasure three years ago. Sad really. But she made life choices and her life was emptier as a result, plus her scheme to control me failed. What is up with some people?

Old 05-17-2014, 12:51 AM

723 posts, read 870,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
I hear ya! I stopped at the masters level and am looking so much forward to retirement in a couple more years. Now, I have that day-time mortgage-paying job and teach at the local community college in the evenings. After I retire, I'll also quit teaching and want to start taking classes for myself. Near the top of the list is physics . . . because that explains how stuff and the earth works. You're right! The more you know, the more you realize how much you don't know. Life is too short.
Right on. I'm gonna carry on with it as long as I can find employment in the field. If I leave before I have to I'll just be wondering what I'm missing out on knowing. The amount I've learned so far has changed my view on everything.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:02 AM

26,662 posts, read 28,751,415 times
I want to go back to England for a visit. I want to see my relatives again, want my husband to reunite with his formerly estranged son (the guy has a job!!!! seems to be getting his life together at last).

I want to reconnect with my roots, ride the Carlisle Settle rail line, visit Cornwall, hear real Welsh singers in their native land, visit a few great gardens and go to Skipton, the last town my grandparents lived in and when I'm there, go to Skipton Market. It's like going home even though I never lived there.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:30 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,743,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
This isn't meant to be a bucket list, but one thing to
Do before you die.
I want to spend every cent, making myself and others happy.
I think I'm content. Yes, I'm still doing lots of things, travel and music and hobbies, but there's nothing really urgent or important.

I guess if presssed I'd like to see my son settled in his life--he's a musician and still struggling to make a living. He does have a longtime girlfriend but so far there's no intention to marry. I'd like to see them perhaps living together at least.

But if I died today, I'd die happy.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:31 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,743,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'd like to have at least one month without worry. I'd spend that month in a beautiful, warm location near a beach, with gardens filled with butterflies and hummingbirds, or some kind of interesting bird. It would be a plus if there was a waterfall nearby. I'd sleep, read, hike, garden. I'd get a few terrific massages and do some yoga. I'd visit the sea every day to wade or swim and comb the beach. Wonderful nutritious, delicious meals and snacks would be served throughout the day.

I would probably never want to leave, but be ready to do do battle in the modern world.
Ah, that sounds sublime! I'm sorry to hear you have so much worry.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:08 AM

720 posts, read 1,711,096 times
Wow so much. Travel across country in our RV. And have my youngest son back in my life.I guess those are the top two.
Fantasy: Somehow have a lot of money to share with family and friends and do good with.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:03 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,517,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
I think I'm content. Yes, I'm still doing lots of things, travel and music and hobbies, but there's nothing really urgent or important.

I guess if presssed I'd like to see my son settled in his life--he's a musician and still struggling to make a living. He does have a longtime girlfriend but so far there's no intention to marry. I'd like to see them perhaps living together at least.

But if I died today, I'd die happy.
A musician s job isn't easy. Just finding work can be impossible.
But I agree having children settled and happy eases the mind.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:05 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,404,622 times
There is only one thing I crave since everything else is mighty fine. I would like to live out my days in Colorado where I could see mountains out my window. If only I could transport to that place now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement