Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 12:16 PM

587 posts, read 445,710 times

Advertisements

Biscuitmom - I'm so sorry about your son's accident. He is so fortunate to have you to help out. I will send thoughts and prayers his way.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:09 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,195,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Several weeks ago, our son was in a devastating accident. One leg is severed above the knee, both hands are mangled & partially amputated. Both shoulders, both clavicles, a femur & a hip are fractured.

This is his and our new normal and we as a family have chosen to embrace it. Life goes on and so do we. We've learned from this experience much about what's important in life and what's not. Thanks to his consistently upbeat attitude, most days we find things to laugh about and little to complain about.
Hi Biscuit Mom --

I am so sorry to hear about your son's accident. My husband and I both send our prayers for healing. I am glad to hear about his upbeat attitude, as well as yours.

Life can take some abrupt twists and turns. We have a long-term rehabilitation hospital not far from us in Peoria, AZ and these types of cases are often the ones they take care of. I know there are many dedicated employees working there and at other similar places.

Sending (((hugs))) and prayers.

-- Hollyhock

Old 09-16-2019, 04:21 PM
JRR

8,181 posts, read 5,689,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I sent an email to both my senators and my representative expressing my concerns about the current situation with many things going on in the country. Not that I expected anything other than a canned reply; just getting it off of my chest.

I was rather surprised to open up my emails this morning and there was a reply from one of my senators. Instead of a canned response, it was a rather lengthy reply which went into detail in response to my concerns. Whether it was done by the actual senator or one of his aides, I appreciated the reply. This is the first time I have ever got back a personalized response from one of my emails to Congress. From my other senator and my representative, not a peep. Too bad that the one who got back to me is retiring.
Finally got an answer from my other Senator today. Pretty much party line BS; not much real thought in it. But it is what I pretty much expected as she doesn't seem to be a deep thinker. She spends a lot of her time traveling around getting her picture taken and appearing regularly on one of the cable news shows. Still nothing from my representative.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:07 PM

5,950 posts, read 5,123,693 times
OK, so this is just a vent.

The new word for Nora O'Donnell (CBS evening news anchor) is "fascinating."

I'm kind of wound up over this problem we are having with the oceans getting warmer, etc. Yes, I know there are many of you who think it's a hoax. I'm not arguing about that. But the story was about the marine life that is suffering because of it. The story involved sea lions and other ocean-living things and how the climate is hurting them.

When the piece was over, Nora finished with "fascinating." Huh? Fascinating?? Is that the best this woman can say?
Vent over.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:26 PM

696 posts, read 706,083 times
Oh, biscuitmom. I’m so sorry about your son.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,968,505 times
I was so distraught to hear the news biscuitmom ... It sounds so awful. Don't know what to say. What a great misfortune. Hope you are hangin' in there.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:00 PM
JRR

8,181 posts, read 5,689,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Several weeks ago, our son was in a devastating accident. One leg is severed above the knee, both hands are mangled & partially amputated. Both shoulders, both clavicles, a femur & a hip are fractured.

This is his and our new normal and we as a family have chosen to embrace it. Life goes on and so do we. We've learned from this experience much about what's important in life and what's not. Thanks to his consistently upbeat attitude, most days we find things to laugh about and little to complain about.
Sorry to hear about this happening. At least he has family support with a good attitude, which should help ease the path of getting on with his life.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:04 AM

6,353 posts, read 11,616,563 times
Oh dear, I worry I scared off Jim. Seriously I was not stalking him. It's just there are only so many towns near trout fishing with a main street and affordable housing. at a certain elevation.

Some people know how to locate someone by peering into their computer address. I'm not one of them. If someone is, please tell Jim I'm posting from the Avon, CO library which is no where near said anonymous town.

Definitely enjoying the cool CO weather.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:53 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,902,841 times
^ HAHAHAHA I have no idea where Avon is. Not scared off (well clowns scare me, that's a different story), just been playing outside.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:01 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,253,153 times
@biscuitmom I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm glad your son has a good attitude. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement