Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 04:45 PM

202 posts, read 354,454 times

Advertisements

I just moved from Reno, Cold Springs is a nice area.
Reno is overall a nice little city. It has it's bad areas though.
The economy is doing really bad right now though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,018 times
My wife is also being relocated to Reno and would love more info on Cold Springs. We recently visited and loved the area and made an offer on a house. Would like info on utility average cost on a 2500 sft. single story home with propane. Also they list the A/C as being propane, never heard of this and did not notice it in the listing. Anyone?

Old 01-27-2011, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 12,159 times
obviously you don't know me, or is it just that you don't have the balls to post your name as I did mine. I have a great job and could afford to live in that hillbilly infested ****hole. But being a shiftworker, I got tired of fighting with the inbreds about their damn dog. Rude neighbors, bad hoa that only enforces when it's convenient...that's what turned me. **** off!!!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:26 AM

369 posts, read 1,097,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslrussell View Post
The plans to build a North Valleys Walmart has its appeal. The commute isn't as bad as you would think.
guess you're getting your wish about the North Valleys Wal-Mart, which I find EXTREMELY STUPID since they just built a friggen Walgreen's RIGHT NEXT TO WHERE they are building WalMart and across the street from Smith's. I mean come on, who's going out of business... do you think any of the 3 grocery stores will survive? AND there's a CVS?? I mean, do we really have that kind of population to sustain that? They just opened the new Walmart ON Glendale. I am not against Walmart and I shop there, but enough is enough no?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:44 AM

7 posts, read 13,544 times
We plan on moving to Reno area in a few months and I have a couple addresses I wonder if you know anything about. One is 955 Berrum Rd 89509 that says its in Southwest Reno in Washoe County and the other property is located at 3997 Kiwi Court in Cold Springs Nevada which it says is also Washoe county.
Do you have any information or advice you can give on these properties? We just want a quiet nice place to live with friendly people and nice view and nice walking places. You can email me at cdcounselor at yahoo dot com thanks again

Old 02-24-2011, 04:02 PM

83 posts, read 212,645 times
I like Stead

Old 03-31-2011, 08:26 AM

6 posts, read 13,301 times
I'm looking at a home in Border Town, White Rock Drive are... trying to get out of Connecticut. I was hoping to find out a bit more about the area... I work from home (home office). So comute is not an issue. Just interested in a decent place to settle down. Is this it?? Because I just loved the area!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 05:44 PM

197 posts, read 510,925 times
Default Red Rock!

Hi Officer Doughnot,

This is a rural area and a really great community (I am not sure specifically about the property you are looking at...but, I'd be happy to do a visual check for ya).

I like the Cold Springs area and if you work from home it should be perfect : )

You are within twenty minutes of downtown Reno...it is a good safe community...

I think you cannot go wrong....any more questions feel free to let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by officerdoughnut View Post
I'm looking at a home in Border Town, White Rock Drive are... trying to get out of Connecticut. I was hoping to find out a bit more about the area... I work from home (home office). So comute is not an issue. Just interested in a decent place to settle down. Is this it?? Because I just loved the area!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:59 PM

6 posts, read 13,301 times
Default What would you change??

@ Everyone
I'm in CT, all 46 years of it, and have hated it for as long as I can remember. Nothing here really. Sure seasons yes, but bitter cold, humidity that is unbearable, leaves that pile up and are a pain the ass to have to deal with...

I've looked at the area there for a few days and like the community. Seemed that there are some areas that aren't for me, but generally it was very nice, clean, people were very friendly and the view was magnificent! I'm in the process of getting pre-approved and will be seriously choosing a home there.

Can you tell me, what things about the area in specific would you say are a plus and what things would you say detract from the area. No place is perfect, for example while a fence can make a good neighbor... having each lot fenced in seemed a bit strange coming from where I've lived. Not that its a bad thing, but different.

Is there anything you would like to change about the area and why?

Thanks for any responses

Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 PM

197 posts, read 510,925 times
I hope you will like it ---- plenty to do in the area --- golf, ski, hike, bike, fish, hunt, mountains and tons of events from May to September. Winter gets a little long but it is not severe and nowhere near the humidity you are accustomed to.

WELCOME! I moved here six years ago and had lived in the same town for 39 years prior to making the move. I have never regreted it : )

Again...if you ned help with anything let me know!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area