Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:38 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
allah is not to be worshipped, Yahweh is. You can speak about Jesus birth and mother all you want, but if you don't place Him in His rightful place, you are actually worshipping an idol god.
And what if Allah and Yahweh are the same entity? A name is just a name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 06:17 PM

8 posts, read 11,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
Allah is God
This meaning of the word (Allah)

Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
That's all very nice and such. However, the fact that a book mentions Mary doesn't mean it is "God inspired". Even my local newspaper has spoken about Mary, and so has a whole slew of "rumor mill" check-out stand publications such as National Enquirer, Globe, etc...

Bud
But the strange thing in this book that the story of Mary Mary's blog, entitled

If this book of human beings?!!!
Story had not been written on behalf of the Muslim woman

Talked about Jesus in the many pages

I think that if people will not write the name of Mary and her son

Old 10-02-2009, 02:44 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,696 times
Quote:
They are not!

Old 10-02-2009, 02:52 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,564,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980 View Post
If Islam is what you are certain you want or can accept I hope Islam works for you. I'm not interested in it for myself, have some disagreements with it in fact, but I hope nothing said here has bothered you too much. Salaam

Old 10-02-2009, 06:04 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,988 times
Quote:

YouTube - The name of God is Allah even in the Bible

Old 10-03-2009, 10:48 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,263 times
The fair or excellent names of God

The name of the Creator is Allah in Arabic, Yahweh in Hebrew, God in English, Khodah in Kurdish and Persian and other names in other languages.

These words are synonyms of God the Creator in different languages.

God created all these nations, and He has no nationality to which He belongs; all of them are His servants.

The word Allah in Arabic, originally is al-ilah which means: the god.

Therefore, insisting that the name of the Creator is only Yahweh or Allah or God is not correct; He - be glorified - is named by different names according to the peoples and nations.

Moreover, there are other fair names of God: the Creator, Most Gracious, Most Forgiving, Most Merciful, Most Kind, Most High, the King, the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing, the All-Knowing ...etc.

Such fair and excellent names of God are called upon and prayed according to the situation: man can say:

>> God, help me; You are my Helper.
>> Be Merciful to me: You are the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
>> Forgive me: You are the Most Forgiving.
>> Provide for me out of Your provision: You are the Best of Providers.
>> Guide me to the correct way: You are the Guide to the true way.
>> Offer to me, out of Your possession and ownership: You are the Owner and King.
>> Give to me, out of Your generosity: You are the Most Generous and Open-handed.
>> Teach me out of Your knowledge: You are the All-Knowing of everything.
>> Be kind to me and to my family: You are the Most Kind.
And so on.

This is in the Quran 17: 110
قُلِ ادْعُواْ اللّهَ أَوِ ادْعُواْ الرَّحْمَنَ أَيًّا مَّا تَدْعُواْ فَلَهُ الأَسْمَاء الْحُسْنَى

The explanation:
(Say: "Call upon God [lit. Allah], or call upon the Most Gracious;

whichsoever you call upon, to Him belong the Names Most Beautiful.")
-----------------------------------------------------

So Yahweh is a Hebrew word: then before the Hebrew, what was He called?
And Allah is an Arabic word: then before the Arab, what was He called?

Moreover, people on other planets: Do they call God Yahweh or Allah or God?
Certainly, they call Him by other names according to their languages. And certainly, they do not know Arabic or Hebrew or any of our languages, neither any of our prophets: neither Jesus, nor Moses nor Mohammed; they have their own prophets and apostles who are sent by God to all peoples everywhere.

Therefore, insisting to call God the Creator as Allah or Yahweh only; this indicates only the narrow-mindedness; and certainly such people did not consult God and He said to them that anyone calling me some other names: such one is wrong and it is only you that are right.

Last edited by eanassir; 10-03-2009 at 11:14 AM..

Old 10-03-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The fair or excellent names of God

The name of the Creator is Allah in Arabic, Yahweh in Hebrew, God in English, Khodah in Kurdish and Persian and other names in other languages.

These words are synonyms of God the Creator in different languages.

God created all these nations, and He has no nationality to which He belongs; all of them are His servants.

The word Allah in Arabic, originally is al-ilah which means: the god.

Therefore, insisting that the name of the Creator is only Yahweh or Allah or God is not correct; He - be glorified - is named by different names according to the peoples and nations.

Moreover, there are other fair names of God: the Creator, Most Gracious, Most Forgiving, Most Merciful, Most Kind, Most High, the King, the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing, the All-Knowing ...etc.

Such fair and excellent names of God are called upon and prayed according to the situation: man can say:

>> God, help me; You are my Helper.
>> Be Merciful to me: You are the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
>> Forgive me: You are the Most Forgiving.
>> Provide for me out of Your provision: You are the Best of Providers.
>> Guide me to the correct way: You are the Guide to the true way.
>> Offer to me, out of Your possession and ownership: You are the Owner and King.
>> Give to me, out of Your generosity: You are the Most Generous and Open-handed.
>> Teach me out of Your knowledge: You are the All-Knowing of everything.
>> Be kind to me and to my family: You are the Most Kind.
And so on.

This is in the Quran 17: 110
قُلِ ادْعُواْ اللّهَ أَوِ ادْعُواْ الرَّحْمَنَ أَيًّا مَّا تَدْعُواْ فَلَهُ الأَسْمَاء الْحُسْنَى

The explanation:
(Say: "Call upon God [lit. Allah], or call upon the Most Gracious;

whichsoever you call upon, to Him belong the Names Most Beautiful.")
-----------------------------------------------------

So Yahweh is a Hebrew word: then before the Hebrew, what was He called?
And Allah is an Arabic word: then before the Arab, what was He called?

Moreover, people on other planets: Do they call God Yahweh or Allah or God?
Certainly, they call Him by other names according to their languages. And certainly, they do not know Arabic or Hebrew or any of our languages, neither any of our prophets: neither Jesus, nor Moses nor Mohammed; they have their own prophets and apostles who are sent by God to all peoples everywhere.

Therefore, insisting to call God the Creator as Allah or Yahweh only; this indicates only the narrow-mindedness; and certainly such people did not consult God and He said to them that anyone calling me some other names: such one is wrong and it is only you that are right.
Thank you

Old 10-05-2009, 02:13 AM

36 posts, read 54,695 times
thank you my brother 1980
of curse you will very happy whene you listening to him

What is the Holy Quran?

It is the duty of every Muslim, man, woman, or child, to read the Quran and understand it according to his own capacity. If any one of us attains to some knowledge or understanding of it by study, contemplation, and the test of life, both outward and inward, it is his duty, according to his capacity, to instruct others, and share with them the joy and peace which result from contact with the spiritual world.
The Holy Quran - indeed every religious book - has to be read, not only with the tongue and voice and eyes, but with the best light that our intellect can supply, and even more, with the truest and purest light which our heart and conscience can give us. It is in this spirit that we would have readers approach the Quran. Read more about the Quran here >
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality