Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:28 AM

62 posts, read 107,648 times

Advertisements

Psalm 110:1 Correct translation;

Of David a Psalm. The Lord said to my master, "Sit thou at my right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool at your feet."

Incorrect Christian transation;

A Psalm of David. The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

The Hebrew word in question here is l'adonee, which means to my master. It is only used for the profane, never the sacred. In other words, it would and has never been used to describe G-d.

Here is another verse in which the exact same Hebrew word l'adonee appears and the church translated it correctly.

Genesis 24:54

In Psalm 110:1 the church tried to make it appear as though it is speaking about G-d talking to Jesus. Again, they gave it a Christological meaning that is not there.

Isaiah 8:23 - 9:3 (Christian bible it is Isaiah 9:1-4) Correct translation;

For there is no weariness to the one who oppresses her; like the first time, he dealt mildly, (exiling only) the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphatali, and the last one he dealt harshly; the way of the sea, and the other side of the Jordan, the Galilee of the nations. The people who walked in darkness, have seen a great light; those who dwell in the land of the shadow of death, light has shone upon them. You have aggrandized this nation; you have magnified the joy for them; they have rejoiced over You like the joy of the harvest, as they rejoice when they divide spoils. For, the yoke of his burden and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of the one who oppressed him have You broken, as on the day of Midian.

Incorrect Christian translation;

Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphatali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea, along the Jordan. The people who walk in darkness will see a great light; those who live in a dark land, the light will shine on them. Thou shalt mulitiply the nation, thou shalt increase their gladness; they will be glad in Thy presence as with the gladness of harvest, as men rejoice when they divide the spoil. For Thou shalt break the yoke of their burden and the staff on their shoulder, the rod of their oppressor, as at the battle of Midian.

Seriously, you have got to be kidding here. This entire passage is speaking of something that already happened. The church changed the tense of the Hebrew to make it appear to be talking about the future. I mean really, Christians truely believe that they know what the Hebrew says, when they rely on translators, and they think the Jews have been wrong all along!! It is our language and our book, we wrote it!!

Oh yeah, the church completely changed the last phrase from "as on the day of Midian" to " as at the battle of Midian". Absolutely incredible!

Last edited by ivria66; 07-05-2009 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: left out a word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 AM

20 posts, read 27,156 times
It hardly matters how the books were translated. Not a lot of people have much of a clue of what either books of the Bible are about. The Jewish Bible is a work of fiction until the time of King Josiah, then it becomes a work of wild exaggeration. The New Testament is pure fiction apart from a few letters from Paul.

The Jewish Bible encodes the religion of Akhenaten, that his exiled priests brought from Egypt after his death. It was encoded by King Josiah's scribes to hide its origins from their captors when the Judean priests were exiled in Babylon.

The New Testament tells the allegorical stories of the Jewish Mystery Godman, Joshua ben Nun. By a historical quirk of fate, the stories became believed as fact and the lies were promoted by a corrupt church heirarchy.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-01-2011 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: advertising..You may put the url on your profile only

Old 04-01-2011, 12:31 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,162,929 times
[quote=whuff;18540466]It hardly matters how the books were translated. Not a lot of people have much of a clue of what either books of the Bible are about. The Jewish Bible is a work of fiction until the time of King Josiah, then it becomes a work of wild exaggeration. The New Testament is pure fiction apart from a few letters from Paul.

The Jewish Bible encodes the religion of Akhenaten, that his exiled priests brought from Egypt after his death. It was encoded by King Josiah's scribes to hide its origins from their captors when the Judean priests were exiled in Babylon.

The New Testament tells the allegorical stories of the Jewish Mystery Godman, Joshua ben Nun. By a historical quirk of fate, the stories became believed as fact and the lies were promoted by a corrupt church heirarchy.

Moderator cut: advertising/solicitation
Glad to see someone else on here who understands the Egyptian/Ahten connection with Jewish monotheism.

Does your book also cover the roots of the ten commandments in the Egyptian Book of The Dead?

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-01-2011 at 09:36 PM..

Old 04-15-2011, 12:03 PM

646 posts, read 635,398 times
[quote=QuixoticHobbit;18543868]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whuff View Post
It hardly matters how the books were translated. Not a lot of people have much of a clue of what either books of the Bible are about. The Jewish Bible is a work of fiction until the time of King Josiah, then it becomes a work of wild exaggeration. The New Testament is pure fiction apart from a few letters from Paul.

Moderator cut: advertising/solicitation
Glad to see someone else on here who understands the Egyptian/Ahten connection with Jewish monotheism.

Does your book also cover the roots of the ten commandments in the Egyptian Book of The Dead?
The Mosaic Law has no prior application anywhere. It was and is, an original.
The Egyptian Book of the Dead contains no "roots of the ten commandments."

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncole View Post
The Mosaic Law has no prior application anywhere. It was and is, an original.
The Egyptian Book of the Dead contains no "roots of the ten commandments."

Wilson
Of course you would like to believe that. Too bad reality says otherwise.

Fact is, there's not much in the Bible that is original. Not even the ten commandments. Sorry!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post

Fact is, there's not much in the Bible that is original. Not even the ten commandments. Sorry!
Sorry is right!
Surely you can do better than that! Just saying so does not make it so.
Why have you made no attempt to prove your assertions?
Try it and you will find out that it is not so easy.
Can I look forward to your proof?

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Old 04-20-2011, 03:47 AM

Quote:

You may be for too willing to believe anything bad about the Bible
Does not look like you can prove that.
Need a little help?
Here's a copy of the EBOTD:

http://www.africawithin.com/kemit/Eg...the%20Dead.pdf

Now - see if you can find any precursor to the Ten Commandments.

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Old 04-20-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
You may be for too willing to believe anything bad about the Bible
Does not look like you can prove that.
Need a little help?
Here's a copy of the EBOTD:

http://www.africawithin.com/kemit/Eg...the%20Dead.pdf

Now - see if you can find any precursor to the Ten Commandments.
It's not that difficult..

The 10 commandments are a copy from chapter 125 in the Egyptian book of the dead*|*Edward de Leau

Oopsie!

Old 04-21-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Oopsie is right. There is so much stupidity in the EBOTD that it boggles the mind! For instance:
Quote:
"THE CHAPTER OF PROVIDING THE DECEASED WITH MEAT, MILK, ETC.The Osiris Ani, whose word is truth, saith:- Homage to thee, O Ra, the Lord of Truth, the Only One, the Lord of Eternity and Maker of Everlastingness. I have come before thee, O my Lord Ra.
I would make to flourish the Seven Cows and their Bull. O ye who give cakes and ale to the Spirit-souls, grant ye that my soul may be with you. Let him be born on your thighs. Let him be like unto one of you for ever and for ever. Let the Osiris Ani, whose word is truth, have glorious power in the Beautiful Amentet.

The Names of the Seven Holy Cows and their Bull:
1. Het-Kau Nebtertcher. 2. Akertkhentetasts. 3. Khebitetsahneter. 4. Urmertusteshertshenti. 5.
Khnemtemankhanuit. 6. Sekhmetrensemabats. 7. Shenatpetuthestneter.
Bull: Kathaihemt."
Holy Cow!
You can see for yourself. The dead cannot eat!
I went over this some years ago and was not surprised to see you try it again.
You have not made a real comparison or you you could never have been misled so easily.
Here's your chance to make the comparison. See if you can me which commandment matches which denial - OK?
Quote:
“Hail to thee, great God, Lord of the Two Truths. I have come unto thee, my Lord, that thou mayest bring me to see thy beauty. I know thee, I know thy name, I know the names of the 42 Gods who are with thee in this broad hall of the Two Truths . . .
Behold, I am come unto thee. I have brought thee truth; I have done away with sin for thee. I have not sinned against anyone. I have not mistreated people. I have not done evil instead of righteousness . . . I have not reviled the God. I have not laid violent hands on an orphan. I have not done what the God abominates . . . I have not killed; I have not turned anyone over to a killer. I have not caused anyone’s suffering . . . I have not copulated (illicitly); I have not been unchaste. I have not increased nor diminished the measure, I have not diminished the palm; I have not encroached upon the fields. I have not added to the balance weights; I have not tempered with the plumb bob of the balance. I have not taken milk from a child’s mouth; I have not driven small cattle from their herbage… I have not stopped (the flow of) water in its seasons; I have not built a dam against flowing water. I have not quenched a fire in its time . . . I have not kept cattle away from the God’s property. I have not blocked the God at his processions. “
You actually believe that from such nonsense the gems of wisdom in the Mosaic law could arise?
Just as life cannot emerge from chemicals, wisdom cannot stem from stupidity.
If you disagree, then show me a single instance in all of human history where wisdom was the result of stupidity.
What happened to the ancient Egyptian religion?
Just as dead as the corpses for which they sacrificed.
Not so the commandments of God! The principles they represent last forever.

1. Have you noticed that these are not commandments? Ooops!
Since there was no law against which the petitioner pleads innocence, there was nothing to disobey! Get it?
2. The Hebrews never believed that the dead are nothing but dead, so no giving of accounts after death is possible.
3. You are being misled! If you know, show me how you arrived at the conclusion that one set of law codes is derived from a set of charms and chants for the dead.

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

Old 04-21-2011, 09:52 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,238,017 times
Quote:
Oopsie is right. There is so much stupidity in the EBOTD that it boggles the mind! For instance:
Holy Cow!
You can see for yourself. The dead cannot eat!
I went over this some years ago and was not surprised to see you try it again.
You have not made a real comparison or you you could never have been misled so easily.
Here's your chance to make the comparison. See if you can me which commandment matches which denial - OK?
You actually believe that from such nonsense the gems of wisdom in the Mosaic law could arise?
Just as life cannot emerge from chemicals, wisdom cannot stem from stupidity.
If you disagree, then show me a single instance in all of human history where wisdom was the result of stupidity.
What happened to the ancient Egyptian religion?
Just as dead as the corpses for which they sacrificed.
Not so the commandments of God! The principles they represent last forever.

1. Have you noticed that these are not commandments? Ooops!
Since there was no law against which the petitioner pleads innocence, there was nothing to disobey! Get it?
2. The Hebrews never believed that the dead are nothing but dead, so no giving of accounts after death is possible.
3. You are being misled! If you know, show me how you arrived at the conclusion that one set of law codes is derived from a set of charms and chants for the dead.

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson
I would say...where stupidity is done...we would get certain results of cause and effect....one who is wise and watches learns form those acts of stupidity...no matter how stupid they are...learning is wisdom.

So there is something to gain from some people who do stupid things...and wisdom does stem from being observant of all acts that form cause and effect.

That is why Jesus says let em be Evil , Let em Be filthy, Let em be Holy, and let the right still do right, my rewards are with me.

Each one of those differing entities..spirits...acts...cause differing resulting factors, and thus certain rewards are granted over them by the LORD.

Got woe and wrath on the lands...well then one of the above listed things has taken place to cause it.

Plagues and pestilences?...floods, and odd weather?...down falls in harvested produce?....More debt to the debtors...and never having enough...wonder why?

The ones who are watching them all, is the one or many who know why!...and so they do not do...so those rewards do not fall on them.

enough said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality