Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:46 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,807,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Latter-day Saints who are living as they are taught to live are not given to hatred of anyone Johnny.
When did I say anything about "hatred"??? It would be nice ifi you address what I actually have said instead of what you imagine me to have said.

Quote:
We do allow in our beliefs for everyone everywhere to worship "how, where, or what they may." (11th Article of Faith)
You SAY you do. Of course, you have no compunctions about disrespecting other religions' saints and martyrs. Which is why I have no respect for your stupid temple rituals.

"Health in the navel, marrow in the bones, strength in the loins and in the sinews, power in the Priesthood be upon me, and upon my posterity through all generations of time, and throughout all eternity." ooga booga gobbledy goo!!! Lemme into celestial kingdom now! Here is the token, and the grip! The sure sign of the nail! lol how stupid, really.

Quote:
With perhaps a few exceptions among the 14 million members, we do not bring railing accusations against anyone.
But yes, we do proclaim and defend our own beliefs.[/quote]

You just entirely disrespect others and their beliefs. And that's beyond the racism that is part of your filthy religion.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:56 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,807,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Uh bergenco johnny,I just finished a couple of posts ago pointing out to justamere that warren jeffs group is the' FLDS' not the 'RLDS".Since you seem to think you know so much about various denominations under the umbrella of the 'latter day saint movement' I would hope you could get at least that right,even though you seem to think we are all the same.
Big deal, I made one mistake with it - every other time I had it right. Leave it to a petty mormon to make a case out of that.

Quote:
I would also like for you to show me anywhere in mormon scripture where it is stated that american indians are all descendants of the lamanites.It was,and likely in some quarters still is a common mormon assumption,but I am unaware of there being anything within the mormon canon of scripture where this is stated as a fact.
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/bm/introduction
Quote:
INTRODUCTION [to the Book of Mormon]
The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible. It is a record of God’s dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas and contains, as does the Bible, the fulness of the everlasting gospel.
The book was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation. Their words, written on gold plates, were quoted and abridged by a prophet-historian named Mormon. The record gives an account of two great civilizations. One came from Jerusalem in 600 B.C., and afterward separated into two nations, known as the Nephites and the Lamanites. The other came much earlier when the Lord confounded the tongues at the Tower of Babel. This group is known as the Jaredites. After thousands of years, all were destroyed except the Lamanites, and they are among the ancestors of the American Indians.
The crowning event recorded in the Book of Mormon is the personal ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ among the Nephites soon after his resurrection. It puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come.
Also, on your cult's official website:

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.js...004d82620aRCRD

Quote:
My parents are methodists,I received half of my education growing up attending a fundamentalist baptist private school,[which was like going to church every day].Most of my aunts married catholics so I had some exposure through them to that faith.When I lived in maryland my children attended a lutheren private school and we sporadicaly attended their church.Upon moving moving to west virginia my wife and I attended several 'baptist' churches here,[where there is one on every block}.After years of reading about and interacting on forums like this with some mormons I finally actually visited my local lds church,and have regularly attended ever since.There are some differences between all of the groups ive attended,but in most respects they are all more alike than they are different.In my area I would guess that 70-80% of the people in my ward are converts.They come from every denomination.Mormons are just as christian as any other group that I have any personal experiance with.Certain aspects remind me of the catholics,others the methodists,while in a lot of ways i'm reminded of the baptists,without all of the guilt and fire and brimstone talk.
I don't remember asking you your religious background, so what's your point? That you're a convert to Mormonism? So what? Lots of people convert to lots of religions every day, it means nothing and I have no idea what it has to do with this discussion.

Quote:
Most churches in this country have a shameful record regarding racial issues in their history.From it earliest days the lds reached out to indians,hispanics,and pacific islanders.They finally got their act together with the blacks too.I live in an area where there arent many minorities yet my ward has hispanics,blacks and interracial couples and no one treats them any differently,they hold church office and we would all be happy if more moved into the area and joined the ward.These are my first hand experiances,I dont really care what someone said in 1849.Regrettable quotes can be found in the archives of most if not all christian denominations in the past.
Regrettable quotes are in your book of mormon, get a clue willya? That's 'scripture' to you. And your church has the distinction of being the one church that officially, as a religion, had a doctrine prohibiting blacks from priesthood. NO other traditional, orthodox Christian Church has ever had such a doctrine or official teaching.

You don't see the difference only because you want to keep those Mormon blinders on and be led around by your nose. As your Mormon handlers have wlll taught you, "Your thinking has been done for you" by them. Marrone, can anyone be more ignorant than mormons???

You boast so much bobbbbbbb about being a mormon and then claim to know what your religion says and teaches, yet you don't even know what is actually being taught, as shown above. Get a clue, willya?

Old 09-26-2009, 01:18 PM

896 posts, read 1,867,040 times
Seems like the thread here has become the 'BergenCountyJohnny Aggressively attack a Mormon church member thread'.

BergenCountyJohnny, if you have a personal difficulty with Mormons why not come out and say it and let the rest of us continue as with the title of this thread?

Old 09-26-2009, 01:50 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,381,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Seems like the thread here has become the 'BergenCountyJohnny Aggressively attack a Mormon church member thread'.

BergenCountyJohnny, if you have a personal difficulty with Mormons why not come out and say it and let the rest of us continue as with the title of this thread?
I think that he has already made that perfectly clear all over this board!

In some ways I find it almost flattering that Johnny apparently considers Mormons to be more than human. I assure you from my own long experience as an active Mormon that we are human beings and always were, right back to the days of Joseph Smith and including him.

I personally believe our canonized doctrine to be inspired and as close as most people are likely to get in this lifetime to hearing the words of God directly from His mouth. But, as did the children of Israel in old times, we often act, well, human!

Ok, what to do... Almost everything that Johnny writes about Mormons is not correct and in many cases I have already responded and refuted his statements. But he seldom seems to understand, just blindly pushes what he thinks we believe, his thoughts probably garnered mainly from anti-Mormon sites. (Apostates with an ax to grind, and enemies of the church, many who are possibly making a living selling anti-Mormon media.)

So, I've about had enough of Johnny's abusive bigoted style and may no longer respond to him, it doesn't seem to do any good.

If anyone would like to ask in a respectful and civil manner about anything Mormon (including anything Johnny said about us) I and other LDS on this board would be pleased to respond.

Thanks for participating in this thread northsider.

A good place to learn some truth about the Mormons:

Mormon.org - Home

Old 09-26-2009, 05:01 PM

8,002 posts, read 12,308,798 times
very done here, folks.

Thread closed

Last edited by june 7th; 09-26-2009 at 05:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality