Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 02:15 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,446,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Travelling fella wrote:
Every object that has mass actually exerts a certain amount of gravity and that includes desks, cars and even people but it's such an extremely small amount that it doesn't amount to anything, nevertheless when someone walks by you they actually exert more gravitational force than the moon is exerting on you.
You mentioned something interesting here, when a person is near you, he/she is exerting gravitational force, if you have a developed intuition you can feel the energy of the person, specially if he/she's adressing you.

If you have a good intuition you can sense if a person who smiles at you is giving you a wholeheart smile, or an hipocritical grin, or if a serious face is hiding a tender heart, if we are able to feel other's energy, why couldn't we feel the moon's energy? and why couldn't this energy have a positive effect on our mental state?

Regards!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 02:46 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,791,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Beautiful picture, campfire, riding horseback, full moon. What more could you ask for?

Old 07-18-2008, 02:50 PM

Yes I agree the moon is very beautiful, sometimes she likes to hide her beauty though and then there are nights where she is unavoidable. Tonight is another good night to see her shining brightly. Enjoy.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:16 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,446,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Yes I agree the moon is very beautiful, sometimes she likes to hide her beauty though and then there are nights where she is unavoidable. Tonight is another good night to see her shining brightly. Enjoy.
We should also mention that Moon symbolizes peace of mind and serenity for many cultures, and it is also associated with the female part of the universe.

Lunar calendars such as the Mayan calendar, are composed 13 months of 28 days and a day outside time, the gregorian calendar day for it is July 25th

Love and Light!

Old 07-19-2008, 11:21 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,674,215 times
Not sure how this is going to turn out but here's a few pictures of the full moon here in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains the nightof July 17....

Last edited by ptsum; 07-03-2009 at 05:07 PM..

Old 07-19-2008, 01:07 PM

NICE ptsum,

She took my breath away last night as I was walking out of a store, I almost stopped in my tracks just to gaze in admiration. Beautiful, stunning and lovely.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,715 times
Default The National Satellite Administration spent 1997-2007 studying gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
You mentioned something interesting here, when a person is near you, he/she is exerting gravitational force, if you have a developed intuition you can feel the energy of the person, specially if he/she's adressing you.

If you have a good intuition you can sense if a person who smiles at you is giving you a wholeheart smile, or an hipocritical grin, or if a serious face is hiding a tender heart, if we are able to feel other's energy, why couldn't we feel the moon's energy? and why couldn't this energy have a positive effect on our mental state?

Regards!
I once gave an hour an a half presentation ( I was pitching it here and there in the mid nineteen nineties) on the nature of gravity and the various influences involved. I had an equation that involved perhaps eighteen influences.
The following is on the elements of influence tied to geophysics.
The Earth is a form of DC motor. It has a magnetic core (880 miles diameter solid magnetite (FE03)). The solid magnetic core is surrounded by a diameter of forty five hundred miles of liquid magnetite called magma. Relatively speaking the crust is thinner than an eggshell at twenty to sixty miles thick, and contains the whole spectrum of the periodic table.
It is interesting to note that the core spins at one rate and the crust at another. I believe the whorls in the magma are responsible for the weather patterns. Most of the surface of the earth is covered with sand upon which there is sea water. Remember tides and waves are influenced by the moon. Full moon for example strongly affects the low tide.
The sun is the second strongest effect on gravity on the surface of the Earth. We are in orbit around the Sun. The sun accounts for eighty percent of the mass of our solar system, so that is a great effect. Stars outside of our immediate influence also keep us locked in place. one hundred billion influences can be seen in TV snow. I believe TV snow is starlight sneaking past the ionosphere.
It is clear gravity is an electromagnetic phenomenon from the simple cutaway view of the Earth. The differences in the thickness and makeup of the crust would account for variations in the intensity of gravity. This explains why satellite orbitting trajectories decay at varying rates.
Magnetometers were the first electromagnetic invention. They are the treasure hunting apparatus of beachcombers. By simply putting sensitive magnetometers in orbit, we could make a map of gravity.
Can anyone knowing the egg shape of the Earth, and its components in a cutaway view confidently say what the cause of the Aurora Borealis is?
Think of the core of a red blood cell, full of iron. We are tied to the planet. The Schumann wave corresponds with an Alpha brainwave. We could no more survive in space than on another planet without gravity.
Think of honeybees with FE03 in their bodies, always able to navigate; or the common pigeon with the same compound in his skull for perfect ability to seek his home.
I began forming this concept that gravity was in fact different in different places after studying a Hopi-English dictionary in the late nineteen eighties.
If one knows that gravity is a magnetic phenomenon, and accepts that much of matter contains ferrous content, then consider; as an object comes closer to the Earth, would its rate of gravity not increase in proportion to its ferrous content? Objects dropped a great distance do not fall at a given rate. What I am pointing out can be demonstrated by thinking of iron filings and a magnet. As the magnet draws closer, the field increases as does the effect of the magnet. It is not a linear increase. With gravity the closer the object is to the source of gravity (the ground) the faster it will fall. And stronger magnets will fall yet faster, and at the ground level, the fastest of all objects. Yes that is several phenomenon.
1) objects as they come closer to the ground are under a greater influence of gravity (a magnetic phenomenon)
2) magnets fall in general at a different (faster) rate
3) as do all ferrous content objects
4) stronger magnets as the come closer to the ground are markedly increasing in rate of fall.

Lastly comes the question of whether gravity exerts a force over light? Is there a correllation between solar radiation levels and gravity fields? Worth a comparative experiment

Old 01-04-2010, 05:27 PM

2 posts, read 1,715 times
The point of the essay was to encourage the U.S. Gov't to take a second look into the matter rather than blindly accept Einstein's declaration that gravity was a "warp in the space-time continuum". They did. It is common sense. All of it can be proved. So they made a map of gravity with thirty sevev satellites with magnetometers in them. It cost three billion dollars a year for a decade. They never did say thanks for another far out sounding theory though. Nothing new. It isn't like in "Good Will Hunting". They are interested in some folks perspective, and make a job offer, but that is all they offer. If you don't take it, too bad. They still want results. It is eminent domain.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:46 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,008,766 times
Thank you for your posts....certainly rational food for thought

Old 11-21-2010, 08:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,574 times
Default Look into the earths magnetic field and how it shifts from the gravitational pull of the full moons radiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I'm sorry, I just have to throw out a few thoughts about the moon. All of the phases of the moon are just a reference to how much light from the sun it's reflecting at any given point in time due to the positions of the earth and the moon in relation to the sun and how that is perceived by an observer on the earth. The moon doesn't exude magic powers just because a human observer on the earth sees it when it's visible surface is completely reflecting the light of the sun, the only noticeable effect is that it's just a little bit brighter at night if you're out in the woods. This topic has a certain connection to astrology which I would put into the same category as palm reading. I truly mean no disrespect to those who have posted on this thread, I'm just trying to point out in a friendly manner that the moon has no influence in the activities of human beings and does not exert any power except for it's gravity which affects the ocean tides. Please accept my apologies in advance if this is taken the wrong way, I'm not trying to ridicule anyone, I just want to express my thoughts on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality