Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2024, 06:47 AM

2,780 posts, read 2,673,933 times

Advertisements

things you do not know about Musa (Moses)

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"(The Prophet) moses was a shy person and used to cover his body completely because of his extensive shyness.

One of the children of Israel hurt him by saying,

'He covers his body in this way only because of some defect in his skin,
either leprosy or scrotal hernia, or he has some other defect.'

Allah wished to clear moses of what they said about him, so one day while moses was in seclusion,
he took off his clothes and put them on a stone and started taking a bath.

When he had finished the bath, he moved towards his clothes so as to take them,
but the stone took his clothes and fled;

moses picked up his stick and ran after the stone saying,

'O stone! Give me my garment!'

Till he reached a group of Bani Israel who saw him naked then, and found him the best of what Allah had created,
and Allah cleared him of what they had accused him of.

The stone stopped there and moses took and put his garment on and started hitting the stone with his stick.

By Allah, the stone still has some traces of the hitting, three, four or five marks.

This was what Allah refers to in His Saying:--

"O you who believe! Be you not like those Who annoyed moses,
But Allah proved his innocence of that which they alleged, And he was honorable In Allah's Sight

Old 01-16-2024, 07:47 AM

2,780 posts, read 2,673,933 times
Moses used to say to the Children of Israel, “God commands you to do such and such
until he entered upon them in their wealth.

This was an issue for Qaroon,
so he said to the Children of Israel: Indeed, Moses says: Whoever commits adultery will be stoned,

so come, let us do something to a harlot until she say that Moses did something to her and he will be stoned,

so we will be relieved of him.” So they did that,

so when Moses addressed them They said to him:
even if it was you ? He said: Even if it was me.

They said: You have committed adultery,
and he was alarmed.
So they sent to the woman, and when she came,
Moses came to her and asked her by Allah who parted the sea for the children of Israel,
to say the the truth,
so she acknowledged the truth.
Then Moses fell down prostrating and weeping,
so Allah revealed to him: I commanded the earth to obey you, so command it as you wish.

So he commanded it and it was eclipsed by Qaroon and those with him.

Old 01-16-2024, 08:22 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Sorry, don't believe you.

Old 01-16-2024, 09:21 AM

10,484 posts, read 7,014,991 times
The Quran was written 2,500 years after Moses, so doubt any of this.

I'm always looking at the intentions of the Quran as I believe its a Satanic book. Moses body was hidden and buried, and we know the Angel Michael and Satan fought over the body, and God buried it in a certain land. So why the fighting over a dead body? That's the question, I personally believe Moses could be one of the two-witnesses during the End-Times as we know its suggested it could be him, Elijah or possibly Enoch. The Quran could be trying to distort the physical appearance of Moses so that Muslims do not believe its him when he comes back. (just a theory).

Old 01-16-2024, 09:32 AM

50,846 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post

I'm always looking at the intentions of the Quran as I believe its a Satanic book. Moses body was hidden and buried, and we know the Angel Michael and Satan fought over the body, and God buried it in a certain land. So why the fighting over a dead body? That's the question, I personally believe Moses could be one of the two-witnesses during the End-Times as we know its suggested it could be him, Elijah or possibly Enoch. The Quran could be trying to distort the physical appearance of Moses so that Muslims do not believe its him when he comes back. (just a theory).
We don't KNOW that.

No, that's not a theory. That's conspiracy thinking.

Old 01-16-2024, 09:59 AM

63,827 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post

I'm always looking at the intentions of the Quran as I believe its a Satanic book.
<snip>
Salman Rushdie's "Fictional" story (Satanic Verses) implied that, but the intention of the Quran was born of sibling rivalry over the success of Christianity descended from Isaac. It was intended to establish Ishmael as the descendant of Abraham through whom the final prophet would come. That sibling rivalry has been the source of endless violence and conflict ever since, IMO.

Old 01-16-2024, 10:02 AM

10,484 posts, read 7,014,991 times
Conspiracy or actuality? The entire foundation of the Quran is that the Bible and Torah were distorted over the years and that God sent a message to Mohammad to rewrite it (which was written 100 years by unknown others after him). However, surprise the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered that only proved that Books of the Bible were never changed and the cornerstone of the Quran is based on a lie.
Deuteronomy 34

The Death of Moses
34 Then Moses climbed Mount Nebo from the plains of Moab to the top of Pisgah, across from Jericho. There the Lord showed him the whole land—from Gilead to Dan, 2 all of Naphtali, the territory of Ephraim and Manasseh, all the land of Judah as far as the Mediterranean Sea, 3 the Negev and the whole region from the Valley of Jericho, the City of Palms, as far as Zoar. 4 Then the Lord said to him, “This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob when I said, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’ I have let you see it with your eyes, but you will not cross over into it.”

5 And Moses the servant of the Lord died there in Moab, as the Lord had said. 6 He buried him[a] in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is. 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone. 8 The Israelites grieved for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days, until the time of weeping and mourning was over.

9 Now Joshua son of Nun was filled with the spirit[b] of wisdom because Moses had laid his hands on him. So the Israelites listened to him and did what the Lord had commanded Moses.

10 Since then, no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face, 11 who did all those signs and wonders the Lord sent him to do in Egypt—to Pharaoh and to all his officials and to his whole land. 12 For no one has ever shown the mighty power or performed the awesome deeds that Moses did in the sight of all Israel.

Jude 9
9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”[d] 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

Moses with the Lord

This verse supports that his body on Earth, however he is with God

Matthew 17:2-3 - And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

Moses in End-Times

Zacharia 4 - discusses the two-witnesses who come back to serve Jesus.

Revelation 11

A background of Revelation 11. This occurs after the Temple is returned to the Jews, but during the time of the Anti-Christ (I believe its about 3 years after the Temple is given back to Israel). The Two Witnesses which likely is Moses, however Revelation 11 is also interesting that predicts the entire world would witness events

1I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.” a 5If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

7Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. 9For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

11But after the three and a half days the breath b of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.

13At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 01-16-2024 at 10:12 AM..

Old 01-16-2024, 11:44 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
We aren't going to keep any threads active that refer to any religion's holy book as "Satanic." Anyone posting such a statement in the future can expect an infraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality