Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 05:59 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times

Advertisements

I saw this documentary today "After Death," which is very good. It highlights several people who had near death experiences before they were resuscitated. Many people saw the light and one person felt "oceans of love," while a few others experienced darkness and hell.

Raymond Moody, physician and author, is also featured. He wrote the book "Life After Life" in 1975. Other authors of NDE books were also featured. It's well worth watching for those on the fence about the life after death subject. This movie makes the case that there definitely is more to this life than this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2023, 07:17 PM

501 posts, read 167,391 times
Here is the website for the movie: [url]https://www.angel.com/watch/after-death[/url].

And here is an absolutely scathing review: [url]https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/after-death-movie-review-2023[/url].

Critics and audiences seem deeply divided in their reactions.

It's kind of ironic that the review at the Roger Ebert site is so scathing. When he was dying, Ebert himself had a profound experience, as described by his widow Chaz:
[INDENT]The one thing people might be surprised about—Roger said that he didn’t know if he could believe in God. He had his doubts. But toward the end, something really interesting happened. That week before Roger passed away, I would see him and he would talk about having visited this other place. I thought he was hallucinating. I thought they were giving him too much medication. But the day before he passed away, he wrote me a note: “This is all an elaborate hoax.” I asked him, “What’s a hoax?” And he was talking about this world, this place. He said it was all an illusion. I thought he was just confused. But he was not confused. He wasn’t visiting heaven, not the way we think of heaven. He described it as a vastness that you can’t even imagine. It was a place where the past, present, and future were happening all at once.[/INDENT]
Based on my involvement in this field, the movie does appear to have a hardline Christian emphasis in terms of experts and experiencers. But I haven't seen it and could be wrong.

Old 10-29-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Darby View Post
Here is the website for the movie: https://www.angel.com/watch/after-death.

And here is an absolutely scathing review: https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/a...ie-review-2023.

Critics and audiences seem deeply divided in their reactions.

It's kind of ironic that the review at the Roger Ebert site is so scathing. When he was dying, Ebert himself had a profound experience, as described by his widow Chaz:
The one thing people might be surprised about—Roger said that he didn’t know if he could believe in God. He had his doubts. But toward the end, something really interesting happened. That week before Roger passed away, I would see him and he would talk about having visited this other place. I thought he was hallucinating. I thought they were giving him too much medication. But the day before he passed away, he wrote me a note: “This is all an elaborate hoax.” I asked him, “What’s a hoax?” And he was talking about this world, this place. He said it was all an illusion. I thought he was just confused. But he was not confused. He wasn’t visiting heaven, not the way we think of heaven. He described it as a vastness that you can’t even imagine. It was a place where the past, present, and future were happening all at once.
Based on my involvement in this field, the movie does appear to have a hardline Christian emphasis in terms of experts and experiencers. But I haven't seen it and could be wrong.
Ha! That was quite the snarky review by Nick Allen. I skimmed through his review of Sound of Freedom (also filmed by Angel Studios) and it was the same. Therefore, I won't give him another ten seconds of my time.

Old 10-29-2023, 07:56 PM

529 posts, read 181,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I saw this documentary today "After Death," which is very good. It highlights several people who had near death experiences before they were resuscitated. Many people saw the light and one person felt "oceans of love," while a few others experienced darkness and hell.

Raymond Moody, physician and author, is also featured. He wrote the book "Life After Life" in 1975. Other authors of NDE books were also featured. It's well worth watching for those on the fence about the life after death subject. This movie makes the case that there definitely is more to this life than this one.
Thanks for your interest in the subject, I had a death experience, and if you have any questions or concerns about consciousness after death feel free to ask me. Thanks love!

Old 10-29-2023, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Thanks for your interest in the subject, I had a death experience, and if you have any questions or concerns about consciousness after death feel free to ask me. Thanks love!
Cool. I'm a believer. My sister passed over in September and she's talked to me with her thoughts a few times. I can receive automatic writing messages, so I'm hoping to get one from her next weekend.

Old 10-29-2023, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Cool. I'm a believer. My sister passed over in September and she's talked to me with her thoughts a few times. I can receive automatic writing messages, so I'm hoping to get one from her next weekend.
Oh so sorry for your loss, it's hard to lose a family member but it's comforting to know they are still with us. Because I'm a witch and personally died myself I know without a doubt that afterlife exists! I have had so many experiences with dearly departed ones that passed away I seem to be a beacon of light to them so they are always around me. It's a comforting thought to me and It helps me appreciate this precious life we live while we are here! Hugs!

Old 10-29-2023, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Oh so sorry for your loss, it's hard to lose a family member but it's comforting to know they are still with us. Because I'm a witch and personally died myself I know without a doubt that afterlife exists! I have had so many experiences with dearly departed ones that passed away I seem to be a beacon of light to them so they are always around me. It's a comforting thought to me and It helps me appreciate this precious life we live while we are here! Hugs!
Thank you. My sister suffered from ALS for a few years, so it was a blessing when she passed. My older sister also gets visits from our spirit family, however, I don't feel their presence.

I don't know anyone who has had a near death experience.

Old 10-29-2023, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Thank you. My sister suffered from ALS for a few years, so it was a blessing when she passed. My older sister also gets visits from our spirit family, however, I don't feel their presence.

I don't know anyone who has had a near death experience.
It gave me tremendous hope about the afterlife and appreciation how fragile and precious life here on Earth is. My near death experience returned my smile back to me because I saw love in it's truest form on the other side.

Old 10-30-2023, 08:10 AM

1,339 posts, read 649,340 times
Default Afterdeath - The Movie - have you seen it?

This is a movie from Angel Studios whose synopsis is "After Death is a gripping feature film that explores the afterlife based on real near-death experiences, conveyed by scientists, authors, and survivors. From the New York Times bestselling authors who brought you titles like 90 Minutes in Heaven, Imagine Heaven, and To Heaven and Back, emerges a cinematic peek beyond the veil that examines the spiritual and scientific dimensions of mortality, inviting viewers to contemplate the possibility of life after death."

Has anyone seen it yet?

I saw it last night. Very interesting movie. Was the first movie I've ever watched that focuses on NDEs. The movie features a few scientists/researchers who have studied NDEs and they explain the things they have researched over the years as well as a few testimonies from real people.

My takeaways from this movie:

Science cannot explain everything. This is a concept that one of the researchers emphasized on along with the fact that evidence can be huge factor in determining the reality of an "afterlife". The testimonies provided by the people provide support of a possibility that an afterlife exists but not a solid concrete conclusion. Skeptics would say "this person was dreaming. they had hallucinations. they were under drugs. they were not dead yet...they were just on the brink of death." Though the doctors supervising the operation that occurred when the person died would say "the person was clinically dead". It is also mentioned that while the heart might not be beating anymore, the brain still has activity, but that activity gradually slows down and the more oxygen is deprived from the brain, the more damaged it gets. Theoretically, a person who has been dead for over 10 minutes should be brain damaged and would have impaired body function if revived.

The movie shows multiple people being clinically dead for a long period of time and experiencing very realistic lucid experiences and, once revived, being able to retell those experiences in detail. Those same people also say they never told anyone their stories because other people would call them crazy so they kept quiet.

The challenge about this sort of stuff is looking at it objectively, without any bias. Coming to a conclusion without thinking "yes! God IS real." Scientifically, if a person was dead for over 30 minutes (this might be the case if they got into a crash or they had a heart attack or whatever and nobody found them until hours later) and they somehow got revived, I would think that serves as a case that something extraordinary happened.

Old 10-30-2023, 10:15 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
The previous post was merged into this thread from a new thread started in the Christianity forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality