Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 11:22 PM

10,537 posts, read 6,184,072 times

Advertisements

Always a great puzzle to me when people rail against 'liberalism'.
I swear 50% of the country have never bothered to look up what the word actually means.

Quote:
lib·er·al·ism:

noun

1. willingness to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; openness to new ideas.

2. a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.
People supporting civil liberties and having rights!!!
Rahhh! where's my pitchfork?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2023, 04:22 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,330,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I watched 30 min, it was interesting.

The people who produced this spent a lot of effort, and by what you said, I assume its leading to a, " Christian end" as maybe proof?

Just assuming because like I said, I only watched 30 min.

What is the end game?

I mean for those who don't have 30 min or however long it lasts..

Thanks, it is interesting.
The video was indeed very well made I found one of the most interesting aspects is how this video was able to articulate and explain the cultural revolutions we have seen over the past few generations especially in regards to music. Music is an outlet for one's soul. This video give punk rock as an example of the type of rebellions we have seen over the generations. Now at first glance for Christians we may have looked at these rebellions as born out of moral degeneracy and there was certainly plenty of that in the culture however they and the other cultural revolutions have much more in common with the Christian worldview that one would realize. When one looks deeper we see their Rebellion against the world was one driven by a deep down dissatisfaction of how western culture had become. In terms of the greed, consumerism, vanity, corruption and pride, where there was little compassion for the other. They retreated from the world and their music was an outlet for them where they could gather as a community around the new ideals they had founded believing these new ideals to offer something more true and beautiful than the world could offer

Of course while all these cultural and political revolutions over the last few centuries were able to entice the entire huge numbers of people in the end they all have led to the same road that their founders seeked to escape. Why? Because they miss the mark. They know something is wrong with the world and it's values therefore they seek to create their own. At the beginning their cause is pure and just but because it does not lead to the very truth itself which is Christ it descends into becoming another tentacle of the world dissillusioning it's members into believing there is no hope or escape. As Christians we must show the world that the most radical rebellion and one that leads to truth, to goodness and to complete inner peace is by embracing the One true God who died for our sins on the cross and rose again on the third day.

https://youtu.be/NzBT39gx-TE?si=d9MqssbH3hx8rvaH

Old 10-17-2023, 10:12 AM

11,155 posts, read 7,211,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I swear 50% of the country have never bothered to look up what the word actually means.

Well said. Thanks.

P.S. Oh, those wonderful folks with pitchforks stomping around, playing the part of perfect fools.

Old 10-17-2023, 06:19 PM

20,089 posts, read 13,546,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

Seriously? STILL "too soon"?

Old 10-17-2023, 07:50 PM

23,226 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post
The video was indeed very well made I found one of the most interesting aspects is how this video was able to articulate and explain the cultural revolutions we have seen over the past few generations especially in regards to music. Music is an outlet for one's soul. This video give punk rock as an example of the type of rebellions we have seen over the generations. Now at first glance for Christians we may have looked at these rebellions as born out of moral degeneracy and there was certainly plenty of that in the culture however they and the other cultural revolutions have much more in common with the Christian worldview that one would realize. When one looks deeper we see their Rebellion against the world was one driven by a deep down dissatisfaction of how western culture had become. In terms of the greed, consumerism, vanity, corruption and pride, where there was little compassion for the other. They retreated from the world and their music was an outlet for them where they could gather as a community around the new ideals they had founded believing these new ideals to offer something more true and beautiful than the world could offer

Of course while all these cultural and political revolutions over the last few centuries were able to entice the entire huge numbers of people in the end they all have led to the same road that their founders seeked to escape. Why? Because they miss the mark. They know something is wrong with the world and it's values therefore they seek to create their own. At the beginning their cause is pure and just but because it does not lead to the very truth itself which is Christ it descends into becoming another tentacle of the world dissillusioning it's members into believing there is no hope or escape. As Christians we must show the world that the most radical rebellion and one that leads to truth, to goodness and to complete inner peace is by embracing the One true God who died for our sins on the cross and rose again on the third day.

https://youtu.be/NzBT39gx-TE?si=d9MqssbH3hx8rvaH
Wow, thanks for taking the time to try and sort me out. I am so slow, maybe my age or something, I just cant follow like I used to, half the time people use words too big for me, I have to stop and look of definitions but you did good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality