Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 04:42 AM

551 posts, read 194,749 times

Advertisements

The “afterlife” according to Einstein’s special relativity | Sabine Hossenfelder: https://youtu.be/8ePu81ssU4M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 09:35 AM

33,334 posts, read 26,552,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy View Post
The “afterlife” according to Einstein’s special relativity | Sabine Hossenfelder: https://youtu.be/8ePu81ssU4M
Sabine Hossenfelder is describing 'block time' or the 'block universe' theory in which the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously. The past still exists and the future already exists at the same time as the present. Other physicists such as Brian Greene, Sean Carrol, and Mark Tegmark have spoken about the block universe theory. All three, primarily Brian Greene, are presented in the video below. It's fascinating stuff.

Past, present and future coexist. 'Now time' explained easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idsw99SSwKc

Oh. To justify what is basically a science subject being in the religion forum, if God exists and exists outside of time then he would be able to see the past, present, and future simultaneously in accordance with 'block time.'

Last edited by Michael Way; 05-06-2023 at 09:55 AM..

Old 05-06-2023, 10:09 AM

551 posts, read 194,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Sabine Hossenfelder is describing 'block time' or the 'block universe' theory in which the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously. The past still exists and the future already exists at the same time as the present. Other physicists such as Brian Greene, Sean Carrol, and Mark Tegmark have spoken about the block universe theory. All three, primarily Brian Greene, are presented in the video below. It's fascinating stuff.

Past, present and future coexist. 'Now time' explained easy.
Yup. After I hit absolute rock-bottom and began to pull myself back up I found two things that greatly helped - meditation and consciousness studies.

One YT channel I regularly followed and still do is Closer to Truth and those physicists and more are regularly interviewed.

Closer To Truth is the definitive source for Cosmos, Consciousness and Meaning. Filmed on location, Closer To Truth features leading philosophers and scientists exploring humanity’s deepest questions.

One of my favorite Closer to Truth videos. https://youtu.be/VxLyAOxJriY?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA

Old 05-06-2023, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Yup. After I hit absolute rock-bottom and began to pull myself back up I found two things that greatly helped - meditation and consciousness studies.

One YT channel I regularly followed and still do is Closer to Truth and those physicists and more are regularly interviewed.

Closer To Truth is the definitive source for Cosmos, Consciousness and Meaning. Filmed on location, Closer To Truth features leading philosophers and scientists exploring humanity’s deepest questions.

One of my favorite Closer to Truth videos. https://youtu.be/VxLyAOxJriY?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA
I like 'Closer To Truth' as well.

Old 05-06-2023, 11:58 AM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
This is a mistaken view born of the constant speed of light in our measures. It is an artifact of the fact that our consciousness has to form at the speed of light during "quantum time" for us to use its "instantaneous" awareness in any measurements. It is the formation time of our consciousness that makes our measurement of the speed of light constant, NOT a block time universe.

Old 05-06-2023, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is a mistaken view born of the constant speed of light in our measures. It is an artifact of the fact that our consciousness has to form at the speed of light during "quantum time" for us to use its "instantaneous" awareness in any measurements. It is the formation time of our consciousness that makes our measurement of the speed of light constant, NOT a block time universe.
In your opinion. But since you think you are right and theoretical physicists are wrong about 'block time', then challenge, say, Sean Carrol, or Brian Greene to a public debate.

Old 05-06-2023, 04:26 PM

9,697 posts, read 10,046,682 times
Still, Einstein was an agnostic Jewish where agnostic put God in a box so for him believing that his grandmother was still live in any physical matter would be just theory and had no substance ...... most people need to have God spirit to have His eternal existence

Old 05-06-2023, 06:58 PM

Quote:
In your opinion. But since you think you are right and theoretical physicists are wrong about 'block time', then challenge, say, Sean Carrol, or Brian Greene to a public debate.
I am too close to finding out the truth for real, Michael. I did the intellectual work for MY understanding. I will let them find out for themselves. Perhaps someone who is or was on this forum will introduce them to my views. Who knows, they are certainly intelligent enough to grasp my extrapolations.

Old 05-06-2023, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am too close to finding out the truth for real, Michael. I did the intellectual work for MY understanding. I will let them find out for themselves. Perhaps someone who is or was on this forum will introduce them to my views. Who knows, they are certainly intelligent enough to grasp my extrapolations.
The arrogance displayed in that statement is quite obvious. It's a shame that you can't see that.

Old 05-06-2023, 07:59 PM

Quote:
The arrogance displayed in that statement is quite obvious. It's a shame that you can't see that.
Oh, I see it fine, Michael, but I have spent a lifetime with my intellect and I have no delusions about its genuine superiority to the average bear. There are many my intellectual equal or greater but not that many. That tends to be well-deserved arrogance. I have no interest in false humility. Of course, intellect is not the most important factor in human life, but it is one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality