Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 05:23 PM

20,049 posts, read 13,512,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I see this has made National News. The PR person is good saying the DLlama jokes around, that is true.
And that Western news has interpreted it wrong...OK. That can happen.
I certainly hope so.
The DL never seemed stupid enough to me to say something like this seriously that could be heard by many.
I'm hoping it is some weird cultural mistake...or he could truly be senile beyond belief??
I see he has apologized, also. What a mess!
One WANTS to cut the DL some slack because he has been a really good religious leader for a long time. I don't for example know any other who has said things such as: if science demonstrates Tibetan Buddhism to be mistaken about something, it is Tibetan Buddhism that is going to have to correct itself.

But it's a stretch to chalk this up to a cultural mistake or senility. It's not a Turkish person belching to show that he likes the meal he just finished. It's like a Turkish person giving the hostess a lingering open mouth kiss. It's just ... well, "Gross".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2023, 05:51 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,941,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Making jokes about pederasty does not speak well of you or your rejection of God.

Well, certainly I don't condone pederasty but my comment was directed at marveling that a dried-up impotent 83-year-old man whose Energizer bunny should have run down decades ago could harbor such interests, pederasty or otherwise--unless God has supercharged the old Billy Goat, that is.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:59 PM

50,891 posts, read 24,393,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Well, certainly I don't condone pederasty but my comment was directed at marveling that a dried-up impotent 83-year-old man whose Energizer bunny should have run down decades ago could harbor such interests, pederasty or otherwise--unless God has supercharged the old Billy Goat, that is.
First of all, he's 87.

Second, take responsibility for the crudeness of your earlier post.

Old 04-12-2023, 11:51 PM

6,798 posts, read 2,918,670 times
While it seems that 'everyone else' is bent out of shape on this item, how about the child in question or the child's parents? Have they responded to this?

As for the claim from a poster that some appear to be downplaying or defending the DL's actions ...I'll admit that it was a gross act but I'm simply repeating what everyone else has said. It was gross. However, beyond that this item is not a priority in my life, and I therefore have nothing more to add. Today is another day and each day brings with it yet other sets of universal issues that appear to indicate that the world is rapidly going to hell in a handbasket.

Old 04-13-2023, 12:15 AM

15,875 posts, read 6,342,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
While it seems that 'everyone else' is bent out of shape on this item, how about the child in question or the child's parents? Have they responded to this?

As for the claim from a poster that some appear to be downplaying or defending the DL's actions ...I'll admit that it was a gross act but I'm simply repeating what everyone else has said. It was gross. However, beyond that this item is not a priority in my life, and I therefore have nothing more to add. Today is another day and each day brings with it yet other sets of universal issues that appear to indicate that the world is rapidly going to hell in a handbasket.
People aren't inclined to tolerate this behavior anymore. Sounds like a win to me.

Old 04-13-2023, 03:33 AM

6,798 posts, read 2,918,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
People aren't inclined to tolerate this behavior anymore. Sounds like a win to me.
Good for them. I could offer up a list of 'causes that need to be addressed' if that's what people want to involve themselves with. Other than my agreeing that it was odd behavior from the DL, this is no longer any of my concern. Over and out.

Old 04-13-2023, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Good for them. I could offer up a list of 'causes that need to be addressed' if that's what people want to involve themselves with. Other than my agreeing that it was odd behavior from the DL, this is no longer any of my concern. Over and out.
Every time this topic comes up your posts reflect the old ways of minimizing and excusing. It's not happening more, its getting revealed. It's your promised Apocalypse.

Old 04-13-2023, 08:49 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,040,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
What the hell is wrong with people?

This is not "teasing", "playing", or "joking". This is an old pervert who said the quiet part out loud and in front of a camera.

We need to wake up to the very serious problem we have as the human race - the problem of pedophiles being in charge of seemingly every significant thing.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/10/india...hnk/index.html
I have no idea how anyone can defend this. This is, indeed, disgusting and perverted.

But we also live in a world where people think it's ok to let kids watch adult men wearing women's lingerie dance and parade themselves in front of them.

Last edited by BaptistFundie; 04-13-2023 at 08:58 AM..

Old 04-13-2023, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I have no idea how anyone can defend this. This is, indeed, disgusting and perverted.

But we also live in a world where people think it's ok to let kids watch adult men wearing women's lingerie dance and parade themselves in front of them.
I don't like people taking their kids to church and filling them with terroristic threats but to make a law against it violates the parent's autonomy. You got to give to get BF.

Old 04-13-2023, 09:21 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,040,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't like people taking their kids to church and filling them with terroristic threats but to make a law against it violates the parent's autonomy. You got to give to get BF.
I wouldn't want to fill my kid's head with terroristic threats, either. Who is doing that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality