Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 11:14 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Oh, I know the type well, even if I am a newbie of sorts around here. I'm actually not, but when I got hurt, it affected a lot of my RAM, and one of the bookmarks my brain forgot was the very existence of this site, and found it by pure chance a few days ago when looking for some info about a potential real estate deal. Odd how human RAM works, once I remembered that I forgot, I remembered a lot more. Funny, that.

But, yeah, I'm used to religious types being hardheaded. I am also hardheaded, but I know I'm likely beating my head against a brick wall. I would be interested in hearing some of your 'Library of Congress', however, but a little bit at a time.

I'm barely managing to stay awake right now, and trying to jump into some of the Seth material, which so far is quite interesting, but I haven't even finished the introductory chapter, if it can even be called that. We'll see how much I like it, despite what you've seen from me so far, I actually am very skeptical, too. But in an openminded sort of way. Even though that makes no sense at all.
Well, I'm glad you found the forum again, Floss although you may come to regret it after a few exchanges with the Christians in here.

I'm open-minded too, as I was a Christian for 60+ years before discovering through hard Internet study that the gospels Jesus was pure myth invented by Paul and then greased by the Christian establishment. How the Christian religion evolved in the first 500 years is a whole fascinating study in and of itself.

The Christians in here and everywhere have one gigantic drawback: they don't have the truth on their side. They sadly have nothing but deceptive and untruthful theology that have been fed to them for centuries by the corrupt Christian hierarchy, which through incredibly adept nefarious tactics pumped a backwater nobody-Messiah into the most famous savior god in the history of humanity. That takes genius.

You ask about the Library of Congress evidence Jesus is a myth and God is a brain chemical. Check out the OP in the thread below which covers only a fraction of the evidence available on the Internet which proves the gospels Jesus is a complete fraud perpetrated by clever churchmen:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...isted-hes.html

You got an example of the sheer delusion and denial that Christians operate under in post #367 of this thread. I showed in the OP of this thread medical brain scans of Christians praying against scans of people engaging in purely hedonistic pleasures and they look exactly the same. People should have a quick look again to drive home the point:

Human brain while having a religious experience:

and a person experiencing pleasurable sensations from drugs:

Compare the two--they are exactly the same. I mean could it be any clearer that taking drugs or having sex lights up the EXACT same regions in the brain as having a religious experience?

Yet Mink boldly and delusionaly declares in the face of this medical evidence:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
'
You've *proven* NOTHING.

See? This is what I'm confronted with day in and day out: present the best scientific evidence that no rational-minded person would deny and Christians quickly jump in to try to discredit it with all the obfuscations, dodges, denials, and discrediting that they can muster in a feeble attempt to prop up their failing religion. You'd think Mink would at least acknowledge it's possible the two are the same but she cannot even bring herself to admitting the possibility, so entrenched in the Catholic dogma is she of "Never deny in any way, shape or form the existence of your dear leader, Jesus" -- like he's going to cut her off at the knees or something.

It's really quite pitiable the lengths Christians go to deny the truth and replace it with lies. Shameful actually, but "shame" doesn't appear to be in Mink's vocabulary.

Old 03-29-2023, 11:17 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
'Those 'brain scans' prove NOTHING that you're asserting. The idea that thinking about God, and that our 'feel good brain centers' light up when we think about Him doesn't *prove* He doesn't exist. It says NOTHING about His existence.
They provide very strong evidence for his claims. What you need to do is to provide stronger evidence for your claims, and they must have a better explanatory power.

Old 03-29-2023, 12:34 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
'Firings' in the brain are associated with any mental thought: thoughts of God, thoughts that God doesn't exist, what time is it?, is this a ridiculous thread?, is it time to <<cut>>, etc. The absurdity of this thread is that a person would have to be dead, with no mental activity, to show no firings associated with thoughts of God. LMAO if this is atheist "logic".

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-29-2023 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: Unacceptable language.

Old 03-29-2023, 12:49 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
They provide very strong evidence for his claims. What you need to do is to provide stronger evidence for your claims, and they must have a better explanatory power.
Using God to predict seems pretty sketchy too. Look at all the Armageddon predictions that have failed. God IS a chemical reaction in the brain. Is He just that? If He wasn't what would that look like? If He was what would that look like?

Old 03-29-2023, 01:46 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
'Firings' in the brain are associated with any mental thought: thoughts of God, thoughts that God doesn't exist, what time is it?, is this a ridiculous thread?, is it time to <<cut>>, etc. The absurdity of this thread is that a person would have to be dead, with no mental activity, to show no firings associated with thoughts of God. LMAO if this is atheist "logic".
The part that I bolded is very reasonable and I agree.

The part that I didn't bold is not reasonable, because you seem to think that this is general 'atheist "logic"'. I presume that with that kind of thinking that the most wacko christian views are general 'christian logic'?

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-29-2023 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 03-29-2023, 01:54 PM

Quote:

You're pathetic, Thoreau. No other word comes to mind. There's no intelligent counter-evidence from you to discredit the medical findings of the report because you HAVE no intelligent counter-evidence to refute it with. Just insults and mocking as is your usual custom. Pathetic. You probably get a rise out of heckling people you don't like.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-29-2023 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 03-29-2023, 02:32 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
I thoroughly enjoyed that one And that childish art sure reveals your inner and outer child. It looks miserable.

Old 03-29-2023, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I thoroughly enjoyed that one And that childish art sure reveals your inner and outer child. It looks miserable.

psst...Thoreau: God is nothing but a brain chemical.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:15 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Agreed. Reminds me of Thrill's posts from the past.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:33 PM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
This thread has [predictably] degenerated into one of the masked use of profanity and repeated personal attacks and insults. I hope you don't start another one to continue this ridiculous line of discussion.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality