Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 05:50 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Do you guys believe anybody can see a demon if it decides to appear or do you think only certain people are open to it.
we can see when they change them self to a human or a dog or any other seeable creature

but we can not see them in there original shape

and some of them are Muslims don't harm any one and the others are enemy for the human
but they have no control on us but they can whisper and seduce the human to illegal things
so that he at the end the human get a miserable life
and their long term plan against human is to cause him to take the wrong path of Allah
so the human go to Hell
O Children of Adam! Let not Shaitan (Satan) deceive you,
as he got your parents [Adam and Hawwa' (Eve)] out of Paradise,
stripping them of their raiments, to show them their private parts.
Verily, he and Qabiluhu (his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe)
see you from where you cannot see them.
Verily, We made the Shayatin (devils) Auliya' (protectors and helpers) for those who believe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2023, 01:42 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
O mankind! Verily, the Promise of Allah is true.
So let not this present life deceive you,
and let not the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah.
Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is an enemy to you,
so take (treat) him as an enemy.
He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.

Old 04-02-2023, 12:23 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Quote:
Do you guys believe anybody can see a demon if it decides to appear or do you think only certain people are open to it.

As a rule, human may not see a demonic creature. The same way, you do not see the entire light spectrum or hear the entire sound spectrum.
Yes, indeed. One may see such a creature, when it reveals itself. What they prefer not to do as then, they have to lower themselves to the physical plane of the physical world and take some substentiality onto itself, what costs them energy and makes them vulnerable.

One may, also, see such creatures in the altered states of mind, when perception can reach beyond the "normal" areas. Usually, this is done,or, is the result of, intentionally or not, with various chemicals, altering mind. Basic example is alcohol. In advanced states of alcoholism, when alcoholic has delirium tremens, across the entire world they see same creatures, no matter where you are or what your culture or religion are. Certainly, some psychedelics produce such effect.

One may, also, "see" such creatures, as pure product of a mental disorder. But, in most of the mental disorder cases, they, actually, do see the creature indeed as, it is the cause of the disorder to begin with.
There are many many ranks and types of "paranormal" creatures. The division bertween them is that those, on the "good" side are benevolent and supportive of humans and, their opposite, cares only about one thing - feeding off human energy, as they do not have means of acquiring it any other way and, constantly, crave it.
neither can a human see an "angel", unless it is revealed to him for any particular reason. But, human may see signs, given to him by the said entity. Or, feel its subliminal influence. Or, be in altered state of mind but, that is a very dangerous practice as, demonic creatures may easily present themsleves as the benevolent entity.
Best practice always is - leave that side to itself.

Old 04-02-2023, 05:58 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
O mankind! Verily, the Promise of Allah is true.
So let not this present life deceive you,
and let not the chief deceiver (Satan) deceive you about Allah.
Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is an enemy to you,
so take (treat) him as an enemy.
He only invites his Hizb (followers) that they may become the dwellers of the blazing Fire.
If one considers the demons as religious then could one say the demons believe in demons - Luke 4:41
Thankfully demon sinner Satan will be destroyed by Jesus - Hebrews 2:14 B

Old 04-02-2023, 06:14 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
As a rule, human may not see a demonic creature. The same way, you do not see the entire light spectrum or hear the entire sound spectrum.
Yes, indeed. One may see such a creature, when it reveals itself. What they prefer not to do as then, they have to lower themselves to the physical plane of the physical world and take some substentiality onto itself, what costs them energy and makes them vulnerable.
So it takes a lot out of 'em to become visible 'eh.

I wonder if they would reveal themselves for money. You'd think they would be a greedy lot.

Old 04-03-2023, 08:16 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
The only thing I know about demons are what I watch on tv.
I know what and why you are asking this question, because I watch way too many of those shows myself. I find them interesting. And scary.

Those shows almost always depict demons from the Christian perspective. All Christians technically believe in the Devil and his minions. (Helpers, lower-level evil spirits, or demons) Most possessions are not by Satan, but by demons.

When clergy is called in on the shows that you watch, they are generally. from two very different branches of Christianity - Roman Catholicism, Independant Catholic - ( a more conservative break off of the RC Church) In the same type of churches are Episcopal and Anglican, and Lutheran.
A friend of mine had some problems with some pretty evil and weird phenomenon in her apartment, and she and I called the rector of a large Episcopal church who invited us to his office and listened. He did thing there was something negative and spiritual might be going on. He asked if it was OK if he brought another priest from his church. He prayed, read from the Book of Common prayer, and burned hyssop, an herd mentioned in the bible that is thought to repel evil. Her problems ended.

I know a Lutheran Pastor who blessed the rented house of someone in his community (not a church member) who called the phone number on the sign. He visited and told me that the house felt odd to him. He brought a big cross, a bible, a hymnal and his wife, also a pastor. They read from the bible, and read the baptismal covenant, in which the parents and the congregation renounces the devil and his works. The girl was in Foster Care and wasn't sure if she had been baptized. He baptized her the next day. Her problems also went away.

The other Christian churches that believe that demons can interact with human and cause paranormal events and possession, are Pentecostals. They include The Church of God, The Assemblies of God, Full Gospel Churches, Christian Assemblies and and church with "deliverance " in the title.

You may have seen a Pastor Bean on some of those shows. I'll get you a link.

What are your thoughts? Are you having problems with paranormal activity? I ALWAYS have my house blessed when I move. It can't hurt.

https://www.billjbean.com/ - not recommending him one way or the other, but he appears in those shows.

Old 04-04-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So it takes a lot out of 'em to become visible 'eh.

I wonder if they would reveal themselves for money. You'd think they would be a greedy lot.

Actually, why? Money has no worth for them and no use. . MOF, money has no worth at all. It's just a concept, humans came up with, for their either convenience or greed. You have absolutely anthropocentric idea about money - and about spirits.

Just give it a moment of thought. You collected X amount of money and lived a what you consider a decent life. Then you aged and died. What happened to your money? You took any with you? You didn't even take your body with you, as even that is borrowed from the nature and returned to it after death. Exactly what worth, value was the money, for a blink of an eye in the great schema of things, called life?
Then why would spirits care about money? They can offer YOU money, to lure you into their power.

Old 04-04-2023, 07:51 AM

Christian perspective, huh...

The world, as it was, is and will be, has always had two aspects - good and bad. At least, what humans consider good and bad.
With such fundamental OBSERVABLE principles obviously existing, human mind, being human mind, immediately attempts to nameplate and tag and categorize such concepts or, it will will very uneasy and scared as, human is always scared of the worst fear of them all - THE UNKNOWN.

As the result, from the lowest pauper to the greatest philosopher, humanity attempts to explain good and bad and why bad prevails and so on.
Certainly, human can not, naturally, accept the entire responsibility for its actions, hence, - human finds an outside scapegoat to point at and say - your fault.

And that brings to the two concepts - good spirit and bad spirit.

And so it goes in its gigernomous variations of gods, devils, demons, angels and what not. Regardless of a religion.

Old 04-04-2023, 09:00 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
I am disappointed that so few of you even attempted to answer the question of the original poster. It was obviously not coming from a deep theological or religious place. It was a simple question.

All of this grandstanding was unnecessary. I understood intuitively, perhaps, on what level the question was asked. If you did not, who respond? You remind me of some of my classmates, in seminary - and why I left. As an erudite professor once said, "are you attempting to answer the question, convert your classmates - or do you just enjoy the sound of your voice?"

This is one of the reasons why I avoid this sub-forum, although I do enjoy several of the regular posters here. There are several other sub-fora that I avoid for the same reason, but the unrelenting passion of religious folk in incomparable.

Old 04-04-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am disappointed that so few of you even attempted to answer the question of the original poster. It was obviously not coming from a deep theological or religious place. It was a simple question.

All of this grandstanding was unnecessary. I understood intuitively, perhaps, on what level the question was asked. If you did not, who respond? You remind me of some of my classmates, in seminary - and why I left. As an erudite professor once said, "are you attempting to answer the question, convert your classmates - or do you just enjoy the sound of your voice?"

This is one of the reasons why I avoid this sub-forum, although I do enjoy several of the regular posters here. There are several other sub-fora that I avoid for the same reason, but the unrelenting passion of religious folk in incomparable.
And yet, you posted here and did not answer the OP either.

OP: What religious(???) believe in demons?
Is it only Christians?

Answered several times: Pretty much, any religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality