Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 08:39 AM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You never heard of "Jesus freaks"?
I heard someone call himself that one time and thought he was just trying to own an insult and act like he didn't care. Just looked it up and didn't know it was a movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2023, 01:59 PM

9,327 posts, read 13,001,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Because it is rooted in the Satan/serpents beguiling lie, that you shall be as God. Creating a God in your own image, which is the opposite of and at odds with being created in God's image.
But one divided by one equals one, irrespective of which numeral you subjectively assign as numerator and denominator.

Quote:
And all the religions, even christianity and atheists have engaged in doing that, from way back and even to today. Which is why I remain separate from them and look to the One True God and the Life He shares.
Meaning that you step away from the other Christians, who create God in their own images, to your own form of Christianity, where you worship a God as you perceive him to be. Hey wait a second, that’s the same thing!

Old 01-14-2023, 04:07 PM

1,480 posts, read 478,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
But one divided by one equals one, irrespective of which numeral you subjectively assign as numerator and denominator.

Meaning that you step away from the other Christians, who create God in their own images, to your own form of Christianity, where you worship a God as you perceive him to be. Hey wait a second, that’s the same thing!
I figure you can seek to define me as a fool, hypocrite and embarrassment all you want.

Old 01-14-2023, 04:21 PM

9,327 posts, read 13,001,014 times
Quote:
I figure you can seek to define me as a fool, hypocrite and embarrassment all you want.
I didn’t (and wouldn’t) use any of those words. I don’t like to bring people down unless they’ve really done something to deserve it, and you seem like a nice person (i.e., far from the “done something to deserve it” threshold).

I just don’t understand the difference between what you say you do and what you say other Christians do. Whether or not God made people in his image, do people who believe in one or more higher powers not individually perceive the higher power(s) in a way that makes sense to them?

Old 01-14-2023, 09:33 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,162,156 times
Quote:
Because it is rooted in the Satan/serpents beguiling lie, that you shall be as God. Creating a God in your own image, which is the opposite of and at odds with being created in God's image.

And all the religions, even christianity and atheists have engaged in doing that, from way back and even to today. Which is why I remain separate from them and look to the One True God and the Life He shares.
It's no such thing. You made all that up in your head.

"...be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be"

is a beautiful line that is inclusive of all faiths.

It's got zero to do with Satan or serpents. How you can come up with that interpretation is beyond me.

Old 01-14-2023, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

It's got zero to do with Satan or serpents. How you can come up with that interpretation is beyond me.
It is not good and you know Christians who love God wouldn't like it.

Old 01-14-2023, 10:17 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,162,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
It is not good and you know Christians who love God wouldn't like it.
Why wouldn't they?

Old 01-14-2023, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Why wouldn't they?
We don't promote other gods.

Old 01-15-2023, 12:24 AM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
Exclusivity is an ego thing and THATs not a good thing either.

Old 01-15-2023, 07:19 AM

1,480 posts, read 478,936 times
Quote:

Quote:

It appears that you are accusing me of doing the very thing that line says.

When Adam accused God he followed in the Satan/serpents beguiling lie, he served his own image over and above God. Blaming and judging God rather than humbling himself and owning what he had done. And making (conceiving) himself out as god above all.

I personally had to suffer many things to be broken of serving my own image. Now, I look to the One True God and the Life He shares.

So, judge me all you want, as ugly and divisive. What do the world leaders today conceive God to be while they serve their own images over and above others and at the expense of others.

P.S. Now someone has started a thread from this one declaring me evil, while lifting himself up as all goodness. Which is no different than what the Satan/serpent and then Adam did to God. He can judge me all he wants as well.

Last edited by chief scum; 01-15-2023 at 07:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality