Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 05:28 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,127,520 times

Advertisements

Given the strong disagreements on this board about religion, I thought that it would be nice for people to post compliments about religions (or other viewpoints) that they don’t belong to or share.

I’ll start, as a Presbyterian:

Some of the kindest, most considerate and nicest people I know are nonbelievers.

Buddhists are also a group that I have nothing against. I know next to nothing about Buddhism, but they seem to be a peaceful group, and we need more peaceful people in the world these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2022, 05:44 PM

994 posts, read 783,353 times
We are all brothers and sisters in the Kingdom of Heaven

Old 12-15-2022, 05:53 PM

720 posts, read 705,219 times
We will just respond with Daniel 11: 32, Romans 16: 18, 1st Thessalonians 2: 5, & 2nd Corinthaians 6:14.

Old 12-15-2022, 07:36 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,158,785 times
This beauty of this board is it gives you time to get to know the people behind the beliefs and non beliefs.
You get to understand a little bit about people that you previously may not have understood. That's a good thing.
We are in the end more similar then we are different.

Old 12-15-2022, 08:47 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
This beauty of this board is it gives you time to get to know the people behind the beliefs and non beliefs.
You get to understand a little bit about people that you previously may not have understood. That's a good thing.

Old 12-16-2022, 02:40 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,455,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
We will just respond with Daniel 11: 32, Romans 16: 18, 1st Thessalonians 2: 5, & 2nd Corinthaians 6:14.
What part of "say something nice" don't you understand?

Old 12-16-2022, 02:42 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,455,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I very much agree. We tend to discuss differences and that can sometimes make them seem bigger than they actually are.

Old 12-16-2022, 03:16 PM

1,750 posts, read 753,206 times
We are all humans with the same traits and feelings at the end of the day. Avoid judging by the group when possible!

But if we must!

My husband isn't religious, but he is so intelligent and providing.

My in laws are presbyterians and are so giving, kind and successful.

A Jewish business person I know is one of the bigger donors to the local food pantry even though it is run by Christians.

My friends that are Catholic are very much knowing plans of what they want in life.

Old 12-17-2022, 11:32 AM

1,478 posts, read 478,639 times
When I went to my 10 year class reunion I went with the purpose of asking out the girl I loved, and I did and she said yes. Then later in the evening I asked her to leave with me. I just wanted to open my heart and tell her everything I could never say before, as when we spent time together at school I was mostly silent. After I asked her to leave with me, she slowly moved herself away from me to the next circle of people talking and my heart sank. And I haven't seen her since.

Then another girl walked up to me and I ended up leaving with her. I went out with her for 6 months and then we broke up.

There is a whole lot more to the story, but it was after that God got my attention. And I haven't dated since. And I'm surely not looking for any dates now, being a washed up old man. I have the vision of marriage that God shared with me and I look to that.

So many nice and loving things seem to go left unsaid. It seems that saying mean things is more defensive in nature. I figure that is why in youth it seems if a boy likes a girl or vice versa, they pick on each other to get attention. To not be vulnerable. Although that was not the case with the girl in my first paragraph, it was just silence, and that is also how we parted.

I know, I was real selfish jerk in what I did, leaving with that other girl. I didn't deserve either of them.

P.S. After I wrote that, it reminded me of the Moody Blues song "Question".

Last edited by chief scum; 12-17-2022 at 12:39 PM..

Old 12-22-2022, 11:39 PM

720 posts, read 705,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
What part of "say something nice" don't you understand?
What part of following and obeying Our Creator don't you understand? Made up religion for personal gratification is just that, made up and worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality