Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 07:45 PM

50,987 posts, read 24,484,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi phet, you are an inspiration, xo hug...look up your old KKTV, KRDO, and KOAA TV stations if you wanna help our Club Q fellow gay friends. Oh my.
Thank you, Miss Hepburn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2022, 12:42 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,101,352 times
There is a story of Moses in our cultural folklore.

“One day Moses was on his way to have a conversation with God. A man stops him and says, O’ Moses, God has blessed me and given me so much that I believe I don’t deserve it. Please tell God to decrease some of his blessings on me and take away things that I don’t deserve.

Moses asks God.
And God replies, Tell that man to stop Thanking me and I will decrease his wealth and blessings.”

No matter how I much I Thank God for everything I am blessed with, it’s not enough.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:00 AM

88,701 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I already did the turkey October 10 along with everyone else in the country in which I am a guest. Tomorrow is not a holiday here.

However, I intend to treat myself to my favorite veggie burger in the world for American TG, which weirdly comes from a big meatfest chain restaurant specializing in steaks, ribs, burgers, and the like.

Even though it's not TG here, they've adopted our Black Friday thing. Sales everywhere! Doesn't affect me since I am not a shopper.

I try to find small things to be thankful for to balance out the sadness and difficulty of day-to-day life. Yesterday I was out walking past a marshy area and I saw an otter scamper across the iced-over part and then dive into the open water. Must have heard me coming. Glad I caught a glimpse, though!

My younger sister was widowed two weeks ago. Thankfully, my late brother's daughter has invited her to have dinner with her family tomorrow so she won't be alone. There are a couple of cute little girls in that house, so they should help take the edge off her sorrow.

Old 11-23-2022, 08:41 AM

29,556 posts, read 9,768,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
Turns out I’ll be home with my little boy, who may have bronchitis or RSV. He doesn’t seem too badly affected, but he is coughing a lot, and we don’t want to expose anyone else pending the results of outstanding medical tests.

On the bright side, we will get to enjoy Caesar salad, Brussels sprouts with beef bacon, and sundry other delights as a family on Friday.
Yes. Do take care of you and yours during this time when respiratory issues are nothing to take lightly (if there ever is such a time). Our boy (not so little anymore) suffers from asthma which has always had us a bit concerned for him during this time of Covid, and now again as we're all reading about the latest "triple threat."

"Triple threat. Tripledemic. A viral perfect storm. These frightening phrases have dominated recent headlines as some health officials, clinicians, and scientists forecast that SARS-CoV-2, influenza, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) could surge at the same time in Northern Hemisphere locales that have relaxed masking, social distancing, and other COVID-19 precautions.

But a growing body of epidemiological and laboratory evidence offers some reassurance: SARS-CoV-2 and other respiratory viruses often “interfere” with each other. Although waves of each virus may stress emergency rooms and intensive care units, the small clique of researchers who study these viral collisions say there is little chance the trio will peak together and collectively crash hospital systems the way COVID-19 did at the pandemic’s start."

https://www.science.org/content/arti...ledemic-winter

At least as noted above, there is some good news along with the bad. Here's to your brighter side "with beef bacon, and sundry other delights as a family on Friday." Sounds delightful indeed. Best to you and yours!

Old 11-23-2022, 08:48 AM

29,556 posts, read 9,768,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I already did the turkey October 10 along with everyone else in the country in which I am a guest. Tomorrow is not a holiday here.

However, I intend to treat myself to my favorite veggie burger in the world for American TG, which weirdly comes from a big meatfest chain restaurant specializing in steaks, ribs, burgers, and the like.

Even though it's not TG here, they've adopted our Black Friday thing. Sales everywhere! Doesn't affect me since I am not a shopper.

I try to find small things to be thankful for to balance out the sadness and difficulty of day-to-day life. Yesterday I was out walking past a marshy area and I saw an otter scamper across the iced-over part and then dive into the open water. Must have heard me coming. Glad I caught a glimpse, though!

My younger sister was widowed two weeks ago. Thankfully, my late brother's daughter has invited her to have dinner with her family tomorrow so she won't be alone. There are a couple of cute little girls in that house, so they should help take the edge off her sorrow.
Forgive me for asking, but what country are you in?

Who doesn't love otters? We are lucky to see them quite often just off the cliffs here, which is truly "lucky" given they were nearly driven to extinction here in the Monterey Bay not too long ago.

Holidays are always tough first time without a loved one. Here's to you and yours as well. Wherever you are...

Old 11-23-2022, 08:52 AM

11,155 posts, read 7,215,247 times
I'm thankful that every day - every minute, every second - is a chance to learn, see, experience, grow, and advance. Just as exercising one's muscles is healthy and beneficial, so is deepening the mind and soul. We only get one chance here, so this time shouldn't be neglected. Of course, I'm also thankful for good health and family, good music, books, and wine, etc.

Old 11-23-2022, 08:57 AM

10,505 posts, read 7,072,783 times
Here's a pluperfect way to spread peace on earth, goodwill towards men. Guaranteed.

2 pkgs cornbread mix (Make sure you use NO sugar)
1lb. sausage
4C chopped celery
3C chopped onion
3/4C chopped parsley
1-1/2 t rubbed savory
1-1/2 t dried sage leaves
1-1/2 t dried thyme leaves
1T salt
1/2t pepper
1 can chicken broth (undiluted)
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2C butter or margine

1. Cook cornbread as directed (except sugar. No sugar. Don't even think of putting sugar in it)
2. In a large skilled, cook sausage until done but not too brown
3. Remove sausage with slotted spoon, then cook vegetables in the drippings
4. Crumbled cooled cornbread in huge bowl
5. Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly
6. Stuff turkey or put in casserole dish to bake for an hour.

Old 11-23-2022, 09:03 AM

13,697 posts, read 8,013,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Here's a pluperfect way to spread peace on earth, goodwill towards men. Guaranteed.

2 pkgs cornbread mix (Make sure you use NO sugar)
1lb. sausage
4C chopped celery
3C chopped onion
3/4C chopped parsley
1-1/2 t rubbed savory
1-1/2 t dried sage leaves
1-1/2 t dried thyme leaves
1T salt
1/2t pepper
1 can chicken broth (undiluted)
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2C butter or margine

1. Cook cornbread as directed (except sugar. No sugar. Don't even think of putting sugar in it)
2. In a large skilled, cook sausage until done but not too brown
3. Remove sausage with slotted spoon, then cook vegetables in the drippings
4. Crumbled cooled cornbread in huge bowl
5. Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly
6. Stuff turkey or put in casserole dish to bake for an hour.

Delish

My wife makes something similar every year. Do you use Conecuh sausage?

Old 11-23-2022, 09:11 AM

10,505 posts, read 7,072,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Delish

My wife makes something similar every year. Do you use Conecuh sausage?

Sometimes. Up here, it's a little harder to find. So Jimmie Dean sage sausage works for me.

Old 11-23-2022, 09:11 AM

13,697 posts, read 8,013,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Sometimes. Up here, it's a little harder to find. So Jimmie Dean sage sausage works for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality