Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 03:42 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,827 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycZpEXxOHvA

Even if you disagree with their beliefs, even so is it should not be way to treat people you don't agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 03:50 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
I think "electrocuted" is a mistranslation because that is inherently fatal. They were tortured with electric shocks. But your point remains -- it is no way to treat anyone for any reason.

I think Russia has a larger problem with paranoia around difference of any kind. If you are different then you are probably covertly non-compliant or disloyal, is the thinking, it seems.

Old 11-07-2022, 04:09 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
They are being targeted. Once again, the Watchtower puts their followers in harm's way with their blatant arrogance. The government lays down some laws regarding recruiting and the Watchtower flaunts them to create mrytars they can scare the other members with. They aren't the only church subjected to these rules. The LDS complied keeping their members safe.

This isn't the only time the Watchtower has been instrumental in the deaths of their membership. I was told graphic stories as a kid about Malawi.

Old 11-07-2022, 04:15 PM

Jehovah Witnesses stay neutral in politics and they don't support any kind of war ( it doesn't makes sense to them that Christians would kill other Christians) now it makes sense why Putin has persecuted them for several years.

It the same way as Hitler saw Jehovah Witness in Nazi Germany and he sent them to concentration camps.

Old 11-07-2022, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Jehovah Witnesses stay neutral in politics and they don't support any kind of war ( it doesn't makes sense to them that Christians would kill other Christians) now it makes sense why Putin has persecuted them for several years.

It the same way as Hitler saw Jehovah Witness in Nazi Germany and he sent them to concentration camps.
Dude, they literally state the governments are one of Satan's tools. They may not vote but they are as hostile to the government as any prepper out there. The Watchtower brought this on.

There are allegedly (I only make factual statements I feel like backing up because an apostate can't be caught with even a toe over the line) correspondence between who ever it was running the clown show and Nazis in sympathy of the Nazis.

Old 11-07-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Dude, they literally state the governments are one of Satan's tools. They may not vote but they are as hostile to the government as any prepper out there. The Watchtower brought this on.

There are allegedly (I only make factual statements I feel like backing up because an apostate can't be caught with even a toe over the line) correspondence between who ever it was running the clown show and Nazis in sympathy of the Nazis.
When was the last time you saw a jehovah witnesses blow them selves up and killing others in their religion? When was the last time they tried to overthrow a government? Or attempt to change laws in a country to solely suit them?

Jehovah's witnesses must follow the Governing Body even when they don't agree with them. It's in their own literature. They claim to be the mouthpiece of God for the planet based on a parable that the leaders call prophetic. Matthew 24:45 is a Parable.

However in the case of Russia jehovah witnesses are outlawed, and it has made life for jehovah witnesses very difficult.

Jehovah witnesses have been around even during the time of the Soviet Union, and it was even outlawed then: Even there was mass deportations of Jehovia Witness in Siberia https://communistcrimes.org/en/ussrs...vahs-witnesses Yet despite their persecution in Russia, their religion still existed and now exists there. A reason is in regions of growing persecution, it does not fail to attract new converts.

It the same with the first Christians in this world, the Jewish religious leaders and then the Romans tried to eradicate Christianity, the result was they never failed to attract new converts due to the persecution there.

Also if you part of a non orthodox Christian you are not allowed to invite non believers in your church too in Russia, plus not allowed to preach your religion to non believers.

Old 11-07-2022, 05:04 PM

No one should surrender their will to another. That's on them if they submit to an American corporation. The Bible tells them not to do it so they have no excuse.

They kill enough of their own. Every year the people dying refusing blood works up a Jim Jones pile of bodies. The suicides caused by their shunning policy surely puts them over the limit. I grew up in that group so I developed a strong aversion to the thought police so I don't like to see government doing the same thing the Watchtower does. I feel bad for them, especially the kids. Is all the adults would have to do is ask themselves what makes them better than other people and they could be free. They won't do that tho for some reason and I don't think that error deserves be rounded up. It's a pretty common error. The kids have no choice tho.

Old 11-08-2022, 12:02 AM

16,777 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I think "electrocuted" is a mistranslation because that is inherently fatal. They were tortured with electric shocks. But your point remains -- it is no way to treat anyone for any reason.

I think Russia has a larger problem with paranoia around difference of any kind. If you are different then you are probably covertly non-compliant or disloyal, is the thinking, it seems.
The Russian Orthodox Church also plays a role, as they have more influence than other religions in Russia. Even Catholicism and some Protestant churches have had problems. While Russia has freedom of religion, both the Russian government and the Russian Orthodox Church abuse their power to make religions they do not like illegal.

Old 11-08-2022, 01:21 AM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The Russian Orthodox Church also plays a role, as they have more influence than other religions in Russia. Even Catholicism and some Protestant churches have had problems. While Russia has freedom of religion, both the Russian government and the Russian Orthodox Church abuse their power to make religions they do not like illegal.
Good points.
And the Russian Orthodox Church supports the war, and thus supports war crimes.
But on the OP, I watched a documentary about Nazi persecution of JWs in WW2, called “purple triangles”.
Whilst I don’t support the JW group, and they are still banned in places like Singapore due to their aggressive recruitment tactics , deliberate persecution is totally uncalled for.

Old 11-08-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Good points.
And the Russian Orthodox Church supports the war, and thus supports war crimes.
But on the OP, I watched a documentary about Nazi persecution of JWs in WW2, called “purple triangles”.
Whilst I don’t support the JW group, and they are still banned in places like Singapore due to their aggressive recruitment tactics , deliberate persecution is totally uncalled for.
Yes the Orthdox church of Russia does and does not believe Russia commits war crimes.

In addition:

The head of the Russian Orthodox Church has said that Russian soldiers who die in the war against Ukraine will be cleansed of all their sins, days after President Vladimir Putin ordered the country's first mobilisation since World War Two.

Patriarch Kirill is a key Putin ally and backer of the invasion. He has previously criticised those who oppose the war and called on Russians to rally round the Kremlin.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...in-2022-09-26/

With that the Russian Orthodox church supported the liquidation of Ukraine, and with it for Ukraine to be part of Russia.

With this liquidation of JWS and Ukraine go hand in hand:

The perverse logic at work in the liquidation of the Jehovah’s Witnesses and the invasion of Ukraine is the same. Both the Jehovah’s Witnesses and Ukraine are perceived as tools of a Western conspiracy aimed at contaminating the Russian sphere with ideas and lifestyles that are different from those taught by a nationalist, authoritarian, and conservative interpretation of the Russian Orthodox identity. Both the Jehovah’s Witnesses and democratic and pro-Western Ukraine, according to this ideology, threaten Russia’s “spiritual security” and should be destroyed.https://bitterwinter.org/the-liquida...ses-in-russia/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality