Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 10:37 AM

10,518 posts, read 7,060,835 times

Advertisements

Prophecy is a gift from the Holy Spirit, but from my understanding is it takes prayer and time for the blessing. One of the modern prophets to look into is Kim Clement. He has since passed, but his prophecy has/is taking place right now with current events.

Old 10-07-2022, 07:54 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,054,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Prophecy is a gift from the Holy Spirit, but from my understanding is it takes prayer and time for the blessing. One of the modern prophets to look into is Kim Clement. He has since passed, but his prophecy has/is taking place right now with current events.
Scripture says nothing of that, and Kim has demonstrated on numerous occasions to not be speaking for God.

Old 10-08-2022, 10:22 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,761,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
A person can speak accurately about God, but not be a "prophet". That title shouldn't be dispensed so easily, like candy.

We don't even need to be clutching to titles and identifiers for people. We're all just human beings.
It is precisely because "we're all just human beings" that all these varieties of titles, claims and beliefs are provided the opportunity to flourish without bounds. Regardless their merit or truth.

Old 10-11-2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Scripture says nothing of that, and Kim has demonstrated on numerous occasions to not be speaking for God.
I can think of at least half a dozen New Testament scripture about the gift of prophecy, and there is probably at least a couple dozen.

Kim Clement absolutely had the gift of prophecy. He prophesied 9/11 in detail and the Iraq war that followed. He prophesied Trump and his first term, he prophesied Biden and all the big things that are to happen next.

If you follow the House of Destiny, the events that have occurred within the past month it is pretty insane, and God is certainly present with them.

Old 10-12-2022, 06:37 AM

Quote:
I can think of at least half a dozen New Testament scripture about the gift of prophecy, and there is probably at least a couple dozen.

Kim Clement absolutely had the gift of prophecy. He prophesied 9/11 in detail and the Iraq war that followed. He prophesied Trump and his first term, he prophesied Biden and all the big things that are to happen next.

If you follow the House of Destiny, the events that have occurred within the past month it is pretty insane, and God is certainly present with them.
Kim Clement was a noted false teacher and false prophet. He had a history of making wrong prophecies. One can't deny that. He had a history of false teachings.

"Kim Clement claimed a word from the Lord in 2007 that Osama Bin Laden would be captured in 35 days (he was not)"

From here: https://nelson.ink/six-big-problems-...c-reformation/

That took me all of about 45 seconds of Googling. ONE false prophecy means that he's a false prophet. The OT response to that would have been to stone him. Instead, we have charlatans like him running around making those sorts of stupid claims and the gullible believe him, while the uninformed unbelievers assume that's what Christianity is.

Seriously. I cannot imagine why anyone would fall for that nonsense.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:53 AM

20,072 posts, read 13,535,331 times
Quote:
Kim Clement was a noted false teacher and false prophet. He had a history of making wrong prophecies. One can't deny that. He had a history of false teachings.

"Kim Clement claimed a word from the Lord in 2007 that Osama Bin Laden would be captured in 35 days (he was not)"

That took me all of about 45 seconds of Googling. ONE false prophecy means that he's a false prophet. The OT response to that would have been to stone him. Instead, we have charlatans like him running around making those sorts of stupid claims and the gullible believe him, while the uninformed unbelievers assume that's what Christianity is.

Well some reasons I can think of:

1) The appeal of being clued-in to knowledge that is hidden from others, and therefore being special
2) The need for miraculous confirmation of religious faith
3) Ego investment once you are a follower of one of these guys, along with the embarrassment of having to admit you're wrong
4) The hunger for some excitement in one's faith that may be lacking, as well as for a sense of progress coming from "things happening". The need to see god "moving" instead of always having to explain away why he doesn't unambiguously act in the world.

I am not laboring under the misconception that this kind of thing defines 100% of Christianity, but I do believe it defines way too much of it. And it extends to things that aren't as blatantly obvious.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:

They had to go down a rabbit hole to find a comment, that has no physical record or recording of something he said. Additionally I went to your source, and the quote is the author of some book, not actually Clements language. Kim Clements prophecies are big idea prophecies, not trivial commentary like what was posted.

If I google "Jesus is not real" of course ill come up with BS results also.

He prophesied 9/11 occurring with the planes into the World Trade, and the Iraq War that followed. (In 1996)

He prophesied Obama becoming the President (I believe back in 2000).

Then his real prophecies begin to pickup, which are big ideas that lead up to a grand finale, happening right now.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
They had to go down a rabbit hole to find a comment, that has no physical record or recording of something he said. Additionally I went to your source, and the quote is the author of some book, not actually Clements language. Kim Clements prophecies are big idea prophecies, not trivial commentary like what was posted.

If I google "Jesus is not real" of course ill come up with BS results also.

He prophesied 9/11 occurring with the planes into the World Trade, and the Iraq War that followed. (In 1996)

He prophesied Obama becoming the President (I believe back in 2000).

Then his real prophecies begin to pickup, which are big ideas that lead up to a grand finale, happening right now.
How many false prophecies do you have hear from a guy before you believe he's simply wrong? How many times does he have to fail before he gets branded a false prophet?

He was an NAR "prophet". He had a history of false teachings and false prophecies. But if you wish to continue holding out hope that he was some great man of God, that's on you.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
How many false prophecies do you have hear from a guy before you believe he's simply wrong? How many times does he have to fail before he gets branded a false prophet?

He was an NAR "prophet". He had a history of false teachings and false prophecies. But if you wish to continue holding out hope that he was some great man of God, that's on you.
Obviously you do not know one thing about the man, or his family and his prophecy. I didn't even mention in my posts why he is really known, and how spot on accurate his prophecies have been which unfold as a story of the current events that have been going on the world the past few years.

Kim Clements prophecies kick-off after his death in 2016, and his prophecies aren't about God or creating a subset of Christianity. They serve almost entirely as a warning and calamity for the faithful in God about the current events that happen what seem between 2016 - 2024/2028 in the United States and Israel. They unfold as a story, about some really bad events that are going to happen in this country, and the first set of the prophecy has all been fulfilled.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 10-12-2022 at 11:06 PM..

Old 10-13-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Obviously you do not know one thing about the man, or his family and his prophecy. I didn't even mention in my posts why he is really known, and how spot on accurate his prophecies have been which unfold as a story of the current events that have been going on the world the past few years.

Kim Clements prophecies kick-off after his death in 2016, and his prophecies aren't about God or creating a subset of Christianity. They serve almost entirely as a warning and calamity for the faithful in God about the current events that happen what seem between 2016 - 2024/2028 in the United States and Israel. They unfold as a story, about some really bad events that are going to happen in this country, and the first set of the prophecy has all been fulfilled.
I know that he was an NAR false prophet. He made bank by misleading gullible people that sent him money. He was not a good teacher. Honestly, can't understand why you want to defend him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality