Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 10:52 AM

18,255 posts, read 16,999,442 times

Advertisements

This kid has pretty much ALL the televangelistic mannerisms down pat: 0:14 "Whew" 0:18 "Yes, Lord" 0:27 (heavy breathing for no reason) 0:44 (wipes away imaginary sweat with a handkerchief) 0:50-end the exaggerated hand gestures, speaking loudly to suddenly whispering, 1:25 guttural voice and Holy Spirit filling speech mannerisms "If The Lord has the words-uh...you have the pentecost-uh... " chopping hand on the Bible, jumping up and down in fervent excitement "Whoo! I love to preach here tonight!"

This is so pathetic. This child can't be more than 3 or 4 years old and he is being robbed of his childhood and innocence to be programmed and brainwashed by his guardians to be just like Robert Tilton, Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar and the whole gang of con-men, learning to fleece people of their hard-earned money. This kid even says at 1:15 "He[God] wants the money, what you give him".

This is part of what is happening in Christianity today. The video is only 3 minutes long but you will learn a lot from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ABbktVDIc

Old 10-02-2022, 11:29 AM

984 posts, read 687,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This kid has pretty much ALL the televangelistic mannerisms down pat: 0:14 "Whew" 0:18 "Yes, Lord" 0:27 (heavy breathing for no reason) 0:44 (wipes away imaginary sweat with a handkerchief) 0:50-end the exaggerated hand gestures, speaking loudly to suddenly whispering, 1:25 guttural voice and Holy Spirit filling speech mannerisms "If The Lord has the words-uh...you have the pentecost-uh... " chopping hand on the Bible, jumping up and down in fervent excitement "Whoo! I love to preach here tonight!"

This is so pathetic. This child can't be more than 3 or 4 years old and he is being robbed of his childhood and innocence to be programmed and brainwashed by his guardians to be just like Robert Tilton, Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar and the whole gang of con-men, learning to fleece people of their hard-earned money. This kid even says at 1:15 "He[God] wants the money, what you give him".

This is part of what is happening in Christianity today. The video is only 3 minutes long but you will learn a lot from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ABbktVDIc
Ahhhh... look around kids usually mimic their parents.. I dont think this is what is happening in Christianity today. Why a church would let a 3 or 4 year old go up and preach is beyond me.
Yes at 1:15 he does indeed say that about money. But then again, hes a kid. They do say the darndest things.
It can be said we are all brainwashed or programmed by our parents regardless of lifestyle. Just like generations who are brought up in the hood, and raised to live off the Govt. Not to earn too much, and expect the handouts.Or choose whatever topic. Parents raise their kids.If anyone is listening to this child they are a fool. lol No news here

Old 10-02-2022, 11:40 AM

9,207 posts, read 6,342,158 times
No different than the ultra [right][left] bringing their children to argue [against][for] any topic you can pick.

Children have always been indoctrinated by their parents.

None of these children have reached the age of reason. They are incapable of committing a crime due to their lack of reasoning ability.

"When a child reaches the age of reason he or she is considered capable of responsibility for his or her own acts. Although set by state law, the age of seven is generally considered the age of reason. For example, in a criminal law matter, a child younger than the age of reason is presumed to be incapable of committing a crime."

https://www.lacriminaldefenseattorne...age-of-reason/

Old 10-02-2022, 11:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,094,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
No different than the ultra [right][left] bringing their children to argue [against][for] any topic you can pick.

Children have always been indoctrinated by their parents.

None of these children have reached the age of reason. They are incapable of committing a crime due to their lack of reasoning ability.

"When a child reaches the age of reason he or she is considered capable of responsibility for his or her own acts. Although set by state law, the age of seven is generally considered the age of reason. For example, in a criminal law matter, a child younger than the age of reason is presumed to be incapable of committing a crime."

https://www.lacriminaldefenseattorne...age-of-reason/
Exactly. Great response. Imagine that. People that feel strongly about something train their kids for it. Imagine even Christians doing it! No, my kids were not trained like that. But they did get raised to know Christ, and were taught from a young age to be Christians. Just as the militant atheists teach their kids from a young age to hate religion.

It's laughable that the usual suspects on this forum are CONSTANTLY whining about Christians doing it. They can't see their own hypocrisy.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:48 AM

51,171 posts, read 24,630,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
Ahhhh... look around kids usually mimic their parents.. I dont think this is what is happening in Christianity today. Why a church would let a 3 or 4 year old go up and preach is beyond me.
Yes at 1:15 he does indeed say that about money. But then again, hes a kid. They do say the darndest things.
It can be said we are all brainwashed or programmed by our parents regardless of lifestyle. Just like generations who are brought up in the hood, and raised to live off the Govt. Not to earn too much, and expect the handouts.Or choose whatever topic. Parents raise their kids.If anyone is listening to this child they are a fool. lol No news here
I don't think this video tells us anything about christianity in general. It tells us that his parents have taught him to mimic an adult preacher.

Old 10-02-2022, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post

This is not a case of a child harmlessly mimicking an adult for an iphone at a party. This kid is being exploited by adults to preach in churches. The question immediately pops into mind: is this child abuse? Lots of sociologists think it is. Definitely this is not the way normal 4-8 year old children should be behaving on a regular basis. Check the first minute of the video below. It shows half a dozen kids as little as 3 being groomed to preach like adults in just the first 2 minutes. national Geographic thought this issue timely enough to do an entire documentary on the phenomenon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAFvpuXHvgM

Old 10-02-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
This is not a case of a child harmlessly mimicking an adult for an iphone at a party. This kid is being exploited by adults to preach in churches. The question immediately pops into mind: is this child abuse? Lots of sociologists think it is. Definitely this is not the way normal 4-8 year old children should be behaving on a regular basis. Check the first minute of the video below. It shows half a dozen kids as little as 3 being groomed to preach like adults in just the first 2 minutes. national Geographic thought this issue timely enough to do an entire documentary on the phenomenon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAFvpuXHvgM
1. I do think it's a bad -- and ridiculous -- thing. But to think this is representative of christianity is pushing it way too far...as you always do.

2. "Lots of sociologists think it is" [child abuse]. Okay, you made the claim, now back it up. It may be, but non-physical child abuse is a difficult issue to define...I worked with Child Protective Services in my school long enough to know that.

Old 10-02-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. I do think it's a bad -- and ridiculous -- thing. But to think this is representative of christianity is pushing it way too far...as you always do.

2. "Lots of sociologists think it is" [child abuse]. Okay, you made the claim, now back it up. It may be, but non-physical child abuse is a difficult issue to define...I worked with Child Protective Services in my school long enough to know that.

You're misrepresenting what I said. I said this is PART OF Christianity. And I told you once before I am not going to defend myself against another atheist. It's a waste of my time. If you don't like what I have to say put me on ignore.

Old 10-02-2022, 12:53 PM

Quote:
You're misrepresenting what I said. I said this is PART OF Christianity. And I told you once before I am not going to defend myself against another atheist. It's a waste of my time. If you don't like what I have to say put me on ignore.
Perhaps you should go back to the title you gave the thread: "This video should tell you a LOT about Christianity..."

Old 10-02-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Perhaps you should go back to the title you gave the thread: "This video should tell you a LOT about Christianity..."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality