Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 08:02 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Too few people think like that. It is why the primitive misinterpretation and misunderstanding of what Jesus did and why has lasted for millennia. We were saved when God incarnated and permanently joined all humanity as Jesus. THAT was the Gospel ("Good tidings of great joy to all people") that was referred to, NOT His scourging and crucifixion through our savagery and ignorance. That was definitely NOT good news.

It is not very flattering to humanity that our selfish concern over the consequences of our sins (missing the mark) caused us to accept the scapegoat blood sacrifice rationale for millennia. Our sins were just separating us from God, but that was ended when God became one of us. Now we just need to try to be as much like Jesus as possible.
That is interesting. I did see another article regarding Jesus not dying for sins of man. https://thechurchoftruth.org/jesus-d...for-your-sins/

My stance is that Jesus was a prophet, nothing more and that God would not have felt that he needed to appear as a human in order to get people to believe in Him, and that believing that "Jesus" is the way violated the First Commandment. Jesus was the son of God just like every other human from the beginning of time was a "son" of God.

I used to believe the Christian myth, the very arrogant we are superior to everyone else, but I educated myself and used logic. I am at peace with my beliefs, and to me, that means one is on the right track.

Very interesting though about the misinterpretation and misunderstanding. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality