Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 01:46 PM

154 posts, read 74,744 times

Advertisements

Can anyone explain exactly what the Vedic relationship is between Shiva and Vishnu, especially if they represent the same thing, namely Ishvara, the supreme Reality Divinity? If it is so, then why don't Vedic religions direct worship towards Ishvara? Why should there be separate identities of Shiva and Vishnu if they are essentially exactly One? And why is it necessary to have images, and worship them, including images that show and elephant, monkey, etc. etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2021, 05:10 PM

19,027 posts, read 27,592,838 times
There’s only one god.
Ohm. O-h-mmm. 3 syllables describing creation of the universe.
Everything else is different aspects of the godhead. As god is everything, various images only correspond to various aspects of creation. Or, cosmic forces, like Shiva the Destroyer.

Old 10-20-2021, 11:16 PM

154 posts, read 74,744 times
Could you please elaborate and explain why people would worship Shiva or Vishnu as separate deifies if they were exactly the same?

Old 10-21-2021, 03:03 AM

22,165 posts, read 19,217,049 times
let's say Duvduv is a man. he may be called "uncle" "dad" "boss" "son" "senior citizen" "male" "grandfather" "voter" "teenager" "brother" "employee" "husband" "student" "juror" "manager"

why are you called so many different labels if you are all the same person?

Old 10-21-2021, 03:16 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
There’s only one god.
Everything else is different aspects of the godhead. As god is everything, various images only correspond to various aspects of creation. Or, cosmic forces, like Shiva the Destroyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
Could you please elaborate and explain why people would worship Shiva or Vishnu as separate deifies if they were exactly the same?
Its trying to explain and symbolize what body, soul, and spirit mean.

I understand that those folks believe they have the original and that the same concept of the bible followed that of Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu, but I would tell you that the truth came by way of Adam teaching Noah, and Noah teaching his grandson to the point of his grandson perverting the truth for the prophesies to be about him instead of a future Messiah.

That the true concepts were handed down and became a foundation of many religions.

Either way, whether one believes the bible to be the origins of these true concepts, or that if Hindu was the original, they both, in fact, share some of the same prophesies and concepts having a common thread, both come from rhe same origins.

How does one explain the soul without explaining the body, or how does one speak of the spirit without taking note of the body and soul first?

1 John 5
6This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

What a human is in 3
8And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

If you wanna do evil, you are like 2 completely separate minds being opposed to each other so long that we humans dont understand that there shouldnt be a division.

The evil inclination loves lust and greed and selfishness but when one begins to commit these acts, there is another mind that is begging you not to sin, and there you will be thinking and debating amongst yourself but when the rubber meets the road, you have to choose between the two minds as you sit in your own temple as a king priest of your own kingdom and who could sway the will of a king over his own palace?

You will do that thing you do and nobody can make you not do it after you have made your mind up.

7 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
( Whatever you do, you have done so as 3, wherher good or bad, all 3 are present.)

The same two witnesses of Revelation, and these are a part of your makeup

The blood and the water have always been the 2 legal witnesses. In a consumation, the friend of the bridegroom goes into the marriage chamber to take out the sheets so that the water and blood is seen by all as two witnesses, the same two that came spilling out of Christ for a bride, and this celebrated for thousands of years each year at Tabernacles where shouts of Joy rang out when the water and wine spilled over the alter to the earth.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-21-2021 at 03:50 AM..

Old 10-21-2021, 04:13 AM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
There’s only one god.
I never tried comparing much, but I bet if I tried, I could put the 3 in the garden but I am hardly versed in such things, I need to study way more, but only that the concept of the garden is those 3 being one single individual.

Thats the truth of the concept as far as I am concerned.

Adam was killed, a rib taken from his own body to create a bride and looking at the dual nature of Shiva displays this in a way, I am sure somebody might correct me, and still, the truth in these ancient concepts are what thread the religions into one cord showing a common origin.

We say the same of Jesus, that Jesus was killed and that from his own body a bride was created, and we are taught that he becomes the Adam.

Adam died long ago, so how does he become a new Adam?

Adam died and became a living spirit within his bride Eve, and this is all of her seed, all humans, and anyone born of a woman, they are born of Eve, and now Jesus comes along to be the new Adam.

The biggest concept of all is that one day a seed of Eve would be born, and he would crush the head of the serpent but in doing so, the serpent would nip the heel of Eve's son, and he woud die.

This same concept is seen over and over and over in pagan religions that it no doubt connects people with threads going right back to the same region, same families, same legends just like Noah' story that is found all over the ancient world and even in America before Moses came along.

Same basic concepts, that the 3 in the garden is one person that was made in the image of God.

Old 10-21-2021, 06:04 AM

15,963 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
let's say Duvduv is a man. he may be called "uncle" "dad" "boss" "son" "senior citizen" "male" "grandfather" "voter" "teenager" "brother" "employee" "husband" "student" "juror" "manager"

why are you called so many different labels if you are all the same person?
Excellent!

Old 10-21-2021, 07:57 AM

19,027 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Ōṁ (or Aum) (listen (help·info); Sanskrit: ॐ, ओम्, romanized: Ōṁ; Tamil: ௐ, ஓம்) is the sound of a sacred spiritual symbol in Indian religions. The meaning and connotations of Om vary between the diverse schools within and across the various traditions. It is part of the iconography found in ancient and medieval era manuscripts, temples, monasteries, and spiritual retreats in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism.[1][2] As a syllable, it is often chanted either independently or before a spiritual recitation and during meditation in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.[3][4]
In Hinduism, wherein it signifies the essence of the Ultimate Reality (parabrahman) which is consciousness (paramatman),[5][6][7] Om is one of the most important spiritual symbols.[8][9] It refers to Atman (Self within) and Brahman (ultimate reality, entirety of the universe, truth, divine, supreme spirit, cosmic principles, knowledge).[10][11][12] The syllable is often found at the beginning and the end of chapters in the Vedas, the Upanishads, and other Hindu texts.[12] It is a sacred spiritual incantation made before and during the recitation of spiritual texts, during puja and private prayers, in ceremonies of rites of passage (sanskara) such as weddings, and during meditative and spiritual activities such as Pranava yoga.[13][14]

Everything else is secondary to or derivative from Oh-uh-homm...........

Old 10-25-2021, 06:18 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv View Post
But Vishnu and Shiva are not exactly the same. They are different aspects of the One.

It's because we are all individuals and are attracted to certain aspects of 'the Godhead', let's call It.
As you know it is the same in Christianity...people seem to forget the Father, Creator, God exists! LOL!
They only see, think of, pray to and worship Jesus.
Some revere the Virgin Mary, primarily.
Some talk to and remember the Holy Spirit throughout the day, never thinking once of the Father or the Son, or Mary at all.
Go figure.

Some only worship, pray to Lord Krishna; Vishnu's avatar on earth ---never thinking of Vishnu Himself!
People do what they want.

Old 10-25-2021, 06:34 AM

15,963 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
But Vishnu and Shiva are not exactly the same. They are different aspects of the One.

It's because we are all individuals and are attracted to certain aspects of 'the Godhead', let's call It.
As you know it is the same in Christianity...people seem to forget the Father, Creator, God exists! LOL!
They only see, think of, pray to and worship Jesus.
Some revere the Virgin Mary, primarily.
Some talk to and remember the Holy Spirit throughout the day, never thinking once of the Father or the Son, or Mary at all.
Go figure.

Some only worship, pray to Lord Krishna; Vishnu's avatar on earth ---never thinking of Vishnu Himself!
People do what they want.
So right Miss. H as always.
When we visited the cathedral in Sienna, i was so moved by the novena candles lit for prayers. i left a note and donation as well. more than Jesus, who makes me very sad, it is Mary who vibrates with me. I pray to both when the need arises. i have a momento of that visit, of Mary, in my desk always.
Divinity is limitless. I have never felt the need to convert or need to leave the religion i was born in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality