Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2020, 06:33 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,601,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Why is it just two sides? Yes. No. I don't know. I understand the OP is comparing Atheism vs. Christianity but there are clearly three logical and rational positions with distinct boundaries.
The mathematical integer scale easily demonstrates this analogy...+ 0 -.
yeah, thats what I have been saying since day one grab. The answer is in between anti-god and my-god-only (called deity).

what set of descriptors do we have that matches what the atheist say and what the theist say?

the answer is in-between grab. Me saying that is not a compromise, its based solely on biology, math, and a measurement. Repeatedly run through he scientific method. Its what some atheist/theist can't handle. Most can, but this site has a higher concentration of scarred atheist/theist so we are debating triggered people.

I have no idea why some seemly rational atheist jump on board with the militant. I guess its the same reason theist jump on board with fundamentals. The god claim is more important for some reason other than evaluating how the universe works.

Old 04-11-2020, 06:33 AM

88,647 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
OK, people. This thread has gotten close to 5000 posts and accomplished very little.

Most of the posts are about how to hold a discussion, posts about other members, posts about Direct Messages, and posts about debate rules.

This is a discussion forum. It is a small, incidental part of City-Data. It is not the primary focus of the company. In the forums, any member is allowed to post, as long as they adhere to the rules. We don't have one-on-one discussions, and don't limit who can post. People have tried to limit who posts by asking, for example, only for comments from Christians. It never works.

Now, we have this thread about
Comparing Atheism and Christianity. If you want to discuss this topic, feel free to post. If you want to continue posting the things I mentioned in the second paragraph, this thread won't reach 5000 posts before it is closed.

~Your moderating team
Per the above, this one's done.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality