Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 05:51 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Beatcha
It's not a race nate! (Unless I beat you, and then it is. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 05:55 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,817,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Would it be fair to say New Agey is considered by Christians to be wrong,
bad, un-christian, then ? Oh and an abomination?
Yes, and if a woman has an issue of blood for twelve yrs.
She would be desolate?

Old 08-21-2017, 05:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,941,088 times

Old 08-21-2017, 06:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I just skimmed it admittedly, but I'd say he's got a pretty good grasp on it. Basically, any form of witchcraft, necromancy, fortune telling or idolatry, sums up the New Age category pretty well. It's all an abomination to Him. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I agree.
I am unsurprised you are both wrong.

Especially if you think Matt "The Oil" Slick is any kind of worthy reference for anything except lies.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:31 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,055,948 times
Well, let's see what G-d has to say about them.....

Deut. 18:10-12 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11) Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12) For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

And we see in the NT that He was still dealing with them....also note how close the message this unclean spirit has to the real deal. Counterfeits, like poisonous tares which so resemble wheat you can't tell them apart till they are full in the "ear", are always a close second, but spiritually deadly.

Acts 16:16-18 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17) The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18) And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Which is why it says this....

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Last edited by Rbbi1; 08-21-2017 at 07:02 PM..

Old 08-21-2017, 08:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,401,549 times
The Age of Enlightenment or that of Reasoning has nothing to do with the meaningless talk that is designed to draw attention away from, and disguise what is actually on the horizon. It's not about witches and warlocks, or that of looking into a crystal ball while speaking in unknown tongues?

Old 08-21-2017, 08:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Quote:
Well, let's see what G-d has to say about them.....

Deut. 18:10-12 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11) Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12) For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

And we see in the NT that He was still dealing with them....also note how close the message this unclean spirit has to the real deal. Counterfeits, like poisonous tares which so resemble wheat you can't tell them apart till they are full in the "ear", are always a close second, but spiritually deadly.

Acts 16:16-18 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17) The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18) And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Which is why it says this....

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
You keep confusing g-d with old anonymous guys who pooped in holes.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Age of Enlightenment or that of Reasoning has nothing to do with the meaningless talk that is designed to draw attention away from, and disguise what is actually on the horizon. It's not about witches and warlocks, or that of looking into a crystal ball while speaking in unknown tongues?

I've always found it interesting that King Saul's name when you run it down, falls in line with "reasoning", which of course, had to die for the name/nature of David, a type of Christ and the beloved of G-d who is after His own heart. Peace

Old 08-21-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You keep confusing g-d with old anonymous guys who pooped in holes.

You REALLY must for the sake of privacy, stop all your TMI about yourself. Peace

Old 08-21-2017, 09:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,401,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
I've always found it interesting that King Saul's name when you run it down, falls in line with "reasoning", which of course, had to die for the name/nature of David, a type of Christ and the beloved of G-d who is after His own heart. Peace
Come, let us reason together ...though you err, it shall be forgiven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality